Electric Oven Recommendations

ThisIsJason

DIS Veteran
Ugh...so one of the burners on my stove died today when I was cooking lunch. While the stove is only about 5 years old, I am not going to replace it. The part itself is going to run $90 if not $110. Not worth it for that cost because if one went I am sure another one is getting ready to go as well. Along with the labor of me doing it (or paying someone to do it).

I'd like to stay in the $700-800 range. I don't need one with all the bells and whistles on it. Just a flat top. What would you recommend, or stay away from?

OMG, the way appliances are made today!
You're lucky to get 5 years.
Remember when they lasted 20 years before all the fancy computer insides. We had a 5 yr old Frigidaire stove in 2013 that the oven broke on and the replacement part was over $400, we were shocked and just a bought a new one because we figured what could be next.

Right now I have a Whirlpool Gold electric stove with the 2 ovens, it came with the home we built in 2016. At first I didn't like the idea of the 2 different ovens, but honestly its great. I mostly use the smaller top oven only, unless were having a party or something. Plus you can bake things at 2 different temperatures.
I like the ceramic top, easy to keep clean if you use the ceramic cook top cleaner.

Always lived in areas with gas stoves in this country so no help there.
When I lived in parts of Europe many residences I lived in had Miele electric kit. appliances and I had little problem operating or maintaining them.

I actually made do with an electric stove without one of the burners for years. Then when the oven stopped working this fall, I knew it was time to do something. So we started shopping and realized it was going to be at least $1K to replace, so we ended up fixing both problems (right at $400 total). Even though the stove is over 10 years old, I just couldn't bring myself to top the $1K mark to just replace it.

Be sure to consider all the expense of replacing the stove (delivery, installation and haul off of the old one).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!