Electronic Tickets & Park Entry

lilaurora

Mouseketeer
I have a friend who is last minute planning a day at Magic Kingdom with her family on 1/28. They have never been before and is excited to have her kids experience it! They will be driving there just for the day so won’t have magic bands. I’ve only ever stayed on site with ticket access via key card or magic band.

Question: If she orders e-tickets through the Disney website so that she can start planning fast passes, how will the family be able to enter the park? Will she still need to stop at guest services outside the gates to have cards issued?

I have a friend who is last minute planning a day at Magic Kingdom with her family on 1/28. They have never been before and is excited to have her kids experience it! They will be driving there just for the day so won’t have magic bands. I’ve only ever stayed on site with ticket access via key card or magic band.

Question:
1. If she orders e-tickets through the Disney website so that she can start planning fast passes, how will the family be able to enter the park?
2. Will she still need to stop at guest services outside the gates to have cards issued?
1. With plastic RFID tickets, issued after she arrives.
2. That's one way.
The other is to just go to the park gate along with a legal photo ID and the email info regarding the tickets.
The plastic RFID tickets will be issued right at the gate as they enter the park.

1. With plastic RFID tickets, issued after she arrives.
2. That's one way.
The other is to just go to the park gate along with a legal photo ID and the email info regarding the tickets.
The plastic RFID tickets will be issued right at the gate as they enter the park.
Thanks so much, Robo!

Quick question for you @Robo - the “how do I get my hard ticket“ question has been a frequent one on the RotR thread given the early arrival crowds and heightened need to get into the park in a timely manner. Most DISers respond saying one needs to visit Guest Relations or a ticket booth; however I was under the impression that guests can do as you suggest and CMs can scan e-mail bar codes/issue hard tickets right at the tapstyles.

I guess my question, are there ticket situations where obtaining a hard ticket at the tapstyle would not be an option?

Thanks.

Quick question for you @Robo - the “how do I get my hard ticket“ question has been a frequent one on the RotR thread given the early arrival crowds and heightened need to get into the park in a timely manner. Most DISers respond saying one needs to visit Guest Relations or a ticket booth; however I was under the impression that guests can do as you suggest and CMs can scan e-mail bar codes/issue hard tickets right at the tapstyles.

I guess my question, are there ticket situations where obtaining a hard ticket at the tapstyle would not be an option?

Thanks.
Ever?
I guess.

But, for regular tickets (what most guests have,) I outlined standard procedure that is
described by "Disney."

I, myself, would likely go to Guest Relations ahead of time.
I've seen countless SNAFUs that can cause delays.

Ever?
I guess.

But, for regular tickets (what most guests have,) I outlined standard procedure that is
described by "Disney."

I, myself, would likely go to Guest Relations ahead of time.
I've seen countless SNAFUs that can cause delays.

Thanks, acronyms and all.

Thanks.
I think any ticket where you need to prove eligibility would need to be done at GR vs the park gates, military, Canadian Resident Etc

I think any ticket where you need to prove eligibility would need to be done at GR vs the park gates, military, Canadian Resident Etc
In some cases, but not necessarily all.
Anything is possible, and Disney is not forthcoming with much information (as per usual.)

I've never been a big proponent of doing ticket pick-up at the park gates (If nothing else, it absolutely will slow down a busy "entry line" when anything must be done other than a "ticket tap & finger scan" operation.)
But, it looks like this (ticket pick up at the gates) is Disney's current preferred method of handing out pre-ordered tickets.
Likely has to do with payroll savings, over time.
And, it saves having to send guests, who've been standing in the entry line, over to (likely) another line for a ticket booth or Guest Relations, then back to the entry line again.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!