Elevators at Walt Disney World resort

SeminoleVators

Earning My Ears
The other day I was in an elevator at the mall and for some reason or another, I thought about visiting Disney World :teleport: . So, why not make a game? Plus, while we’re doing this, we can help individuals with disabilities find the elevators at the parks. Ok, so the goal is to name every elevator in the parks and Disney Springs. Here are the requirements:
  1. The elevator must be in the parks and stay in the accessible part of the parks. (But it can be restricted to certain visitors like Club 33 members and DVC members. )
  2. Elevator cannot lead to staff- only areas. (Restaurant freight elevators)
  3. Elevators cannot be “Wheelchair Lifts” (Holding only a wheelchair.)
Good Luck and Have fun! :banana::cheer2::disrocks:party:

At the MK there is one going up to the Astro orbiters ride.

The monorail at EPCOT had one.

but in the theme parks, there are not many elevators

Last edited:
CRT
Columbia Harbor House, small, requires CM to access
Technically, Tower of Terror ;)
France, to access Monsieur Robert
Probably Japan
Dinosaur
Is the fake elevator still in Living Seas?
Two that don't meet the criteria, only accessible on tours: Imagination, and there is an actual elevator in Living Seas)
Another that doesn't really: Text Track, used to transfer mobility devices to the exit side, although I rode in it once or twice. Well, two - one loading side, one unloading side.
American Adventure

Right outside Garden Grill in Epcot. Looking forward to my husband being able to use his scooter there.
There are actually 2 in The Land.

The one you mentioned is the older one. It is nar the bathrooms and to the left of Garden Grill. It comes out near the exit of Soarin’ and the Living With the Land ride. They added a second elevator during the last renovation. It is in a small hallway to the left about 1/2 way down the left side ramp.

Also at Epcot:
- the Seas to get up to the 2nd floor observation area
- Imagination to get to the DVC Member lounge (the second floor used to be the Imagination Playground)
- Electric Umbrella restaurant to get to the (seldom used) second floor seating area behind the ordering area
- Test Track to get to seat belt check area, which some guests with mobility related disabilities use for boarding.
It’s also used to shuttle wheelchairs and ECVs over the track from the load to unload area

- American Adventure used to get guests using mobility devices up to the theater (it also goes to a lounge that had been used for Food and Wine, but I think is now Club 33)
- Japan for access to the second floor restaurants
- France in the restaurant to get to the second floor restaurant

Epcot’s monorail station is the only one to have an elevator (outside of the MK resorts on the monorail). It takes guests up to the station, but coming down is a steep switchback ramp.

Japan has one where you enter the store there. It takes you up and drops you off near the bar at Tokyo Dining (IIRC).
There's one for the PeopleMover.

CRT
Columbia Harbor House, small, requires CM to access
Technically, Tower of Terror ;)
The Columbia Harbor House one actually requires going into the kitchen, but we have used it multiple times to get to the second floor seating area.
Tower of Terror has a ‘real’ one that the CMs use to move mobility devices from the load area to the unload area
It is also part of the chicken exit (not that I ever used it - LOL)
France, to access Monsieur Robert
Probably Japan
Dinosaur
Is the fake elevator still in Living Seas?
The fake elevator Seas is gone except for the exit doors.
Two that don't meet the criteria, only accessible on tours: Imagination, and there is an actual elevator in Living Seas)
Another that doesn't really: Text Track, used to transfer mobility devices to the exit side, although I rode in it once or twice. Well, two - one loading side, one unloading side.
American Adventure
Imagination elevator is used to access the DVC Member lounge, so I say it counts.
The Living Seas has an elevator that is open to the public to get to the second floor.
The Test Track two (one on each side of the track) are used multiple times per day by guests with mobility challenges who use the seat belt check area to load, so I say it counts.

Japan has one where you enter the store there. It takes you up and drops you off near the bar at Tokyo Dining (IIRC).
There's one for the PeopleMover.
Unfortunately, there is not an elevator for PeopleMover. The elevator that looks like it goes to PeopleMover goes to the Astro Orbitors.
I had high hopes for a new boarding area with elevators when they were building the stage near there.

Unfortunately, there is not an elevator for PeopleMover. The elevator that looks like it goes to PeopleMover goes to the Astro Orbitors.
I had high hopes for a new boarding area with elevators when they were building the stage near there.

That's interesting to know. I never really knew (thought it went to PM, since I won't ride the AstroOrbiter bc I'm terrified of heights LOL).

There are actually 2 in The Land.

The one you mentioned is the older one. It is nar the bathrooms and to the left of Garden Grill. It comes out near the exit of Soarin’ and the Living With the Land ride. They added a second elevator during the last renovation. It is in a small hallway to the left about 1/2 way down the left side ramp.

Thanks for this info. I use an ECV, and thought I had to park my scooter at the entrance like I see so many other people do. Come to think of it, last time I was there, all the scooters that were parked there were the "in-park rentals". Was that coincidence or can the in-park rentals not fit on the elevators? That would be good info to know!

Pretty sure park scooters fit in the elevator, at leat the one near GG. Just one park rental and one or two others at a time, though.

Pirates of the caribbean i think that had an elevator at the exit of the ride :)
You are correct.
The exit/unload area is actually in another building and down one floor from where guests enter the attraction.
The elevator is used to bring wheelchairs and other mobility devices from the load area to the unload area.
Guests with mobility devices also use the elevator to exit sinc they can’t use the speed ramp used by other guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter