Elvis Aaron Presley

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
The most iconic,charismatic Entertainer of the 20th Century(and possibly of all time) died 42 years ago today.

Elvis was 42 when he died,so he has now been gone as many years as he lived.

And then a little over 2 months after Elvis' death,on October 20,Ronnie van Zant died.

In 1977 the 3 most famous people in the South were Elvis Presley,Ronnie van Zant and Paul Bryant,so in a very short time 2 of "The Big 3" southerners were gone.

And gone way too soon.

I remember the day, I was in 7th grade at the time.
It was so sad, I remember my mom being so sad for Lisa Marie.

I remember the day too. We were in Maggie Valley NC on vacation. It was so sad. Traveling back and through TN we collected newspapers from all over the state that were all about Elvis. When I got home, they were showing Elvis movies and the Hawaii concert on TV. I just cried and cried.

Mom wanted to travel across TN on the way home and go through Memphis and Tupelo. Afterwards, we were glad we didn’t. It got a bit crazy up there.

Wow I had no idea that RVZ and Elvis died that close to each other.
I wouldn't have associated them in the same time frame because I when I think of Elvis I think of his early career and not so much his later one. I forget he actually died within my lifetime.

I was 9 when he passed. I vividly remember being at hospital in Annapolis Maryland visiting my aunt in the hospital.
The newspaper read :The King Is Dead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!