Email for Moonlight Magic @ AK?

4fordisneyworld

DIS Veteran
Has anyone received an email yet for this registration? We did for Epcot in December, but haven't seen anything for the registration as of yet. We are staying at Poly on points during this time.

I haven't seen anything yet. Do we need the email? This will be our first time going so I've never been thru the process.

Registration for guests staying on-site doesn't start until 2/8 (Thursday). So, don't expect an email until that morning.

I never seem to get any emails.
I went to the one on Jan. 28, thanks to reading the Dis, otherwise I never would have known about it

From the happenings during the sign ups for the MK events it sounded like some how people had a link and were signing up via the link. Then there reports of receiving the email later in the morning (day of sign ups) so i wouldn't expect that we will see an email prior to. Hopefully they have the system better equipped to handle the influx of people signing up as there were lots of reported problems.

I saw a thread that the email doesn’t come sometimes. We are attending the April event at AK and member services told me to call if I don’t receive the email w/link by 9:00 am during first day of sign up. But I’ve seen others mention that some people are kind enough to post the link on disboards. So you might have to hire a team to accomplish it!

It is just crazy they cannot simplify their process for things such as this. Well, we will figure it with the masses come Thursday morning!

It is just crazy they cannot simplify their process for things such as this. Well, we will figure it with the masses come Thursday morning!

Disney has done this before - they hire a person who does know what he is doing - then once the job is complete they get rid of him/her - and guess what are a few months the system stops - you would think that Disney would learn - but so far it hasn't. It has happened to them a lot - since Disney seems to think that anyone can keep the system going.

I saw a thread that the email doesn’t come sometimes. We are attending the April event at AK and member services told me to call if I don’t receive the email w/link by 9:00 am during first day of sign up. But I’ve seen others mention that some people are kind enough to post the link on disboards. So you might have to hire a team to accomplish it!
Do we call member services?

Do we call member services?
That’s what MS told me the other day on the phone. If the link does not email on the morning of by 9 am to call. But I’ve found as a newer DVCer that MS can tell you different things depending on whom you speak to. So watch your email and the DIS simultaneously. We all love DVC and know an event like this is just for us. But remember, you must have a DVC reservation for the event date otherwise you have to wait an extra 2 weeks to sign up.

That’s what MS told me the other day on the phone. If the link does not email on the morning of by 9 am to call. But I’ve found as a newer DVCer that MS can tell you different things depending on whom you speak to. So watch your email and the DIS simultaneously. We all love DVC and know an event like this is just for us. But remember, you must have a DVC reservation for the event date otherwise you have to wait an extra 2 weeks to sign up.
You just need a Disney resort reservation, not necessarily a DVC reservation.

So the system will still recognize a reservation at Pop Century and email you the link? Interesting.
We never seem to get DVC or AP emails so I don't know about the email part but in order to be able to book at the earlier date you just need an onsite reservation.

So the system will still recognize a reservation at Pop Century and email you the link? Interesting.

Based on what I read in the MK moonlight magic threads, the system will NOT recognize a non-DVC reservation, and will NOT email the link. But anyone with an on-site reservation is eligible to book starting tomorrow.

I have a two night DVC stay at Boardwalk, followed by an RCI exchange into Saratoga Springs in mid-March. Our moonlight magic night falls into the SSR portion of the trip, so I'm fully expecting to have to call to make my reservation, and probably explain to the CM *why* I had to call (since some were being told that they must use the invitation-only link for the MK event). Unless, of course, they've fixed this. But I'm not hopeful.

Based on what I read in the MK moonlight magic threads, the system will NOT recognize a non-DVC reservation, and will NOT email the link. But anyone with an on-site reservation is eligible to book starting tomorrow.

I have a two night DVC stay at Boardwalk, followed by an RCI exchange into Saratoga Springs in mid-March. Our moonlight magic night falls into the SSR portion of the trip, so I'm fully expecting to have to call to make my reservation, and probably explain to the CM *why* I had to call (since some were being told that they must use the invitation-only link for the MK event). Unless, of course, they've fixed this. But I'm not hopeful.
Understood. It’s one thing to be able to reserve for the event and another to receive the early link for the event. Some have said they never received a link. Curious how many DVC reservations don’t receive the early email w/link?

Understood. It’s one thing to be able to reserve for the event and another to receive the early link for the event. Some have said they never received a link. Curious how many DVC reservations don’t receive the early email w/link?
I didn't receive the link for the December Epcot event but either located the page on the member site or got the link from on here (I can't recall which) and was ready to book right at 9am.

I didn't receive the link for the December Epcot event but either located the page on the member site or got the link from on here (I can't recall which) and was ready to book right at 9am.
Which is why I’ll be on my email, member site, on DIS and then on hold with MS for AK. Bring it!

Of course trying to book right at 9:00 actually means clicking the button at 9:00 and then watching the spinning wheel of uncertainty for 30 minutes as Disney IT determines whether or not your submission will be accepted or booted back to start over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter