Email for Moonlight Magic @ AK?

Member services technically cannot book for you, but the IT/Website Department can. Member Services needs to contact that department and ask for them to book for you.
Ok thank you, I am on hold again. She told me that my only option was to talk to the supervisor who had another hour wait and I would be better off to keep trying and it was because the system was overloaded. This time I will ask to talk to IT.

Ok thank you, I am on hold again. She told me that my only option was to talk to the supervisor who had another hour wait and I would be better off to keep trying and it was because the system was overloaded. This time I will ask to talk to IT.
Sometimes member services just makes stuff up I feel like. Have you ever combined or cancelled a reservation for this trip?

Yes, both times we have done this it had to be done through a supervisor and another team. I was on hold for 45 minutes while the CM worked with the supervisor and the team that could actually book, the actual MS CMs cannot just book this unfortunately.

Sometimes member services just makes stuff up I feel like. Have you ever combined or cancelled a reservation for this trip?

No, I just made the reservation last week. I had just a regular resort stay booked but thought I needed a DVC stay to do the moonlight magic, so I added a few dvc days in the middle of our trip. I've tried my dvc reservation number, my regular resort stay numbers, nothing is working. My friends who my MDE account is linked with don't have any trips during that time that it could be confused with either. :sad1:

No, I just made the reservation last week. I had just a regular resort stay booked but thought I needed a DVC stay to do the moonlight magic, so I added a few dvc days in the middle of our trip. I've tried my dvc reservation number, my regular resort stay numbers, nothing is working. My friends who my MDE account is linked with don't have any trips during that time that it could be confused with either. :sad1:
Is one of your DVC nights for the night of the party?

Is one of your DVC nights for the night of the party?
I think so. I got the email for the event sign up last night. My stay is May 16-18, and the party is May 16. I am also booked Art of Animation May 12-16. Neither of those confirmation numbers are working though.

I finally got my RSVP done for April 17 after problems trying online, I finally was able to do it using another computer. But...am I supposed to get a confirmation email because I haven't gotten one???

I was able to get on this morning about 8:56am without any difficulty. All booked for 3/21. Sorry that everyone is having such a hard time. Btw, my reservation is a DVC memeber cash rate reservation.

Mab2012, I had an RCI exchange during the MK event and it wasn't considered an on-site reservation. I think because no money was actually paid (to Disney) for the reservation. I had to call when it opened for off-site members and even then they made a big deal about making an "exception," which it wasn't. It did work out okay and we got to go -fantastic by the way, so it should for you as well. You might have to call though.

They tried to give me the "RCI exchange reservations aren't eligible for early booking" line too, but after waiting for an hour to speak to someone, I wasn't inclined to take "no" for an answer. I asked politely if she could double check that, and said that I knew of other people who had done this successfully (thanks @marsh0013!). I'm not sure she believed me, but she decided not to argue (she was actually very friendly). Another hour waiting for IT support, and I am finally confirmed.

I'd guess that what's actually happening is that the CMs have been told that incoming RCI exchanges by non-members are not eligible to attend, and that has gotten generalized to "RCI is not an eligible booking". I could be wrong, but I don't know why they would restrict it otherwise.

I probably could have waited until they opened registration to all members, but we're attending the first (March 21) event, so touring plans are pretty well set for the week. If I didn't get in I would have had to rethink everything!

I finally got my RSVP done for April 17 after problems trying online, I finally was able to do it using another computer. But...am I supposed to get a confirmation email because I haven't gotten one???

I don't know about the online form, but the CM I spoke to said I should expect a confirmation email in about 14 days.

Last edited:
I don't know about the online form, but the CM I spoke to said I should expect a confirmation email in about 14 days.

Finally "spoke" with someone from member services on chat. They told me it could take up to 5 days to receive a confirmation email. hmmm

It's "Please correct the following errors:
  • Either your Member ID Number or Resort Confirmation Number does not match our records. If you have more than one reservation number, please try again using an alternate reservation number."
But everything is correct!
DVC is stupid... They did not load non DVC resorts in the system... Notice it says 12 digit resort confirmation number.... Regular reservations only use 8.... This company is ran by morons.
is it
They tried to give me the "RCI exchange reservations aren't eligible for early booking" line too, but after waiting for an hour to speak to someone, I wasn't inclined to take "no" for an answer. I asked politely if she could double check that, and said that I knew of other people who had done this successfully (thanks @marsh0013!). I'm not sure she believed me, but she decided not to argue (she was actually very friendly). Another hour waiting for IT support, and I am finally confirmed.

I'd guess that what's actually happening is that the CMs have been told that incoming RCI exchanges by non-members are not eligible to attend, and that has gotten generalized to "RCI is not an eligible booking". I could be wrong, but I don't know why they would restrict it otherwise.

I probably could have waited until they opened registration to all members, but we're attending the first (March 21) event, so touring plans are pretty well set for the week. If I didn't get in I would have had to rethink everything!
This almost confirms something else for me. Curious if the early sign up is for direct DVC points based stays only while the next sign up in 2 weeks is the one open to all types of resort stays. I’m brand new to DVC and also the DIS. Regardless, let’s be patient and kind to whoever helps us. I know these things can go away anytime but if we make it hard on them we make their decision that much easier. I am glad you persisted and got a great CM to help you.

I received a confirmation email immediately. Some how I got lucky and had no problems online at 8:58am. Maybe give it a day.

Maybe not being so quick on the draw can be advantageous. Didn't notice until 9:16am that it was past the 9 o'clock window. Went in and booked tickets with no issues. Done in under 5 minutes. :confused3

This almost confirms something else for me. Curious if the early sign up is for direct DVC points based stays only while the next sign up in 2 weeks is the one open to all types of resort stays. I’m brand new to DVC and also the DIS. Regardless, let’s be patient and kind to whoever helps us. I know these things can go away anytime but if we make it hard on them we make their decision that much easier. I am glad you persisted and got a great CM to help you.

I hope that wasn't directed at me? I did say I was polite. I meant it.

In general, the early sign-up only requires a resort reservation. In all of Disney's communications with respect to Moonlight Magic, there has never been any mention that a DVC points stay is required, and many, many people have been successful in registering in the early booking window with a non-DVC reservation. This is why I think there is some CM confusion over the RCI reservations: an RCI reservation is a "Disney Resort hotel reservation" like any other, and there's no particular reason they would be excluded. And like all things Disney, even that exclusion has been inconsistent.

Welcome to the DIS, and to DVC!

is it

Actually the cast member that helped me got my 12 digit code from somewhere and my reservation went right thru... The problem is packages are booked with 8 digit codes. The cast member admitted it was a oversight on the part of IT. It took me 60 min on hold and 10 min for the nice cast member to get me the proper reservation code... All is good.

Wow. I feel lucky. I had one small server glitch, but just clicked through again. I was booked by 9:04, but I didn't have any variables, since I was staying on my points at a DVC bought straight from Disney.

Maybe we'll run into you! So glad you held your ground and got confirmed. It's just so frustrating for all involved.

Finally "spoke" with someone from member services on chat. They told me it could take up to 5 days to receive a confirmation email. hmmm

My confirmation email actually came in this evening. Good thing too. I asked for a party of 5, and was told that a party of 5 was confirmed. But the email said party of 4. Quickly and easily corrected online!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter