Email from Iger

He thanked everyone and recognized Disney fans. That's good.

But did you notice he didn't say much about "we hear you, and we're reversing the recent changes" or anything like that?

Remember Iger was the Chairman of the Board. Until they fired him, the board approved what Chapek was doing, either by their affirmative ascent or by their silence.

We are free D23 members and did not receive it. Any free members get it?
I got it, and I have the free membership.

I appreciate that the company took a moment to recognize their loyal fan base. There hasn’t been much of that for a while now. I hope this is just the start of better things. However, I’ll see how I feel this time next year. One email does not a company turnaround make. They have their work to do.

Whatever account he sent this from is likely handled by his executive assistant, and there’s a good chance that’s a different person by now.
Your probably right. Back then I did get a reply from his exec assistant who copied someone at the parks to deal with me.

But did you notice he didn't say much about "we hear you, and we're reversing the recent changes" or anything like that?

Remember Iger was the Chairman of the Board. Until they fired him, the board approved what Chapek was doing, either by their affirmative ascent or by their silence.
I don’t think this is the right spot for that, if they have any intention of making changes (and they might not!). This is a boilerplate end-of-2022 CEO note, I got a variation of it from the head of my company (“great year, excited for 2023, etc”).

Hoping this means Disney will focus on customer service again. It was the magic that made paying through the nose bearable.

Recently, the “magic” has been lacking or intermittent. Here’s to hoping Iger is going to lead the way back to making us feel special again (while he cuts a pretty large hole at the bottom of my purse….)

Hoping this means Disney will focus on customer service again. It was the magic that made paying through the nose bearable.

Recently, the “magic” has been lacking or intermittent. Here’s to hoping Iger is going to lead the way back to making us feel special again (while he cuts a pretty large hole at the bottom of my purse….)

It would take a lot of time money and effort to right that ship. The board would never go for it.

This means one of two things:

They realize they hacked off a large segment of their customer base and now are trying to back track

or

They are about to do something they know are going to hack off a large segment of their customer base and are trying to get in front of it

Don't get all warm and fuzzy. It's always about money with these guys.
This 100%!

👏👏👏 I cannot understand why this is so hard for people to grasp. I am amazed at all of the praise for Iger returning, like his return is going to right every wrong, so-to-speak. All of this started with him and escalated with Bob Paycheck. We have all been complaining about cutbacks and increases for many years, before Iger left.

👏👏👏 I cannot understand why this is so hard for people to grasp. I am amazed at all of the praise for Iger returning, like his return is going to right every wrong, so-to-speak. All of this started with him and escalated with Bob Paycheck. We have all been complaining about cutbacks and increases for many years, before Iger left.
We are just hoping. But we understand the tide is likely staying the same path, despite our wish and hope otherwise.

For us, we plan on going until my youngest turns 12/13. After that, we may sell our dvc or rent.

Thankful, we have 7 5-day tickets left that I bought before the reservation system. Bc of the crazy ticket prices, I plan on 1) going during peak times and 2) upgrading them to 10 day tickets. And it’ll cost us much less, like old times.

After that, too rich for our blood and kids will be ready for other types of vacations. Disney, thank you, but no thank you - not loyal to us, we aren’t loyal right back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter