Email notifications of new messages

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
It seems that I've stopped getting email notifications when I get new messages. Seems to have started within the past day or so. I got two messages within the past two hours and never got an email notification, as I did in the past.

My last email was on June 9. I used the "contact us" a few days ago, but haven't heard anything back. I seem to remember this happening a few years ago, but can't remember how it was fixed.

Started getting notification emails again on the 18th, but they have stopped again. Wonder what's going on?

I am receiving limited notifications and they run a couple of days late after postings

I rely on these notifications as it streamlines me from reading each thread daily

I moderator 4 forums and mark the ones I am watching
This cuts back on having to check each thread regularly

Hope the tech board can fix this issue

I do appreciate all that they do and maybe they have not been aware of the lag of notifications not being sent out

I am also no longer getting emails. I tried to unwatch and rewatch some threads but it has not helped.

Our biggest problem with email is spam complaints. What typically happens is someone posts on a thread, get's tired of the notifications and rather than come back to the boards using the links in the email and stopping it they report it as spam to their mail provider. Enough people do that and their mail provider blocks us, there's nothing we can do. It's been a constant struggle for years

Appreciate you giving us that information
It makes sense

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Our biggest problem with email is spam complaints. What typically happens is someone posts on a thread, get's tired of the notifications and rather than come back to the boards using the links in the email and stopping it they report it as spam to their mail provider. Enough people do that and their mail provider blocks us, there's nothing we can do. It's been a constant struggle for years

That's not the issue though. When I look at the watch threads it has none of my checked to receive email, so I go and check and enable and it pops right back to unchecked. I think there is a glitch here.

I do recall this being a problem before and something happened to fix it.

I found the thread. It was the last time the boards migrated to a new format. Makes me wonder if it's related to our recent change here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/why-am-i-no-longer-getting-email-notifications.3375784/
That's not the issue though. When I look at the watch threads it has none of my checked to receive email, so I go and check and enable and it pops right back to unchecked. I think there is a glitch here.
Same here, Jen. All of those threads should be checked for me since I always subscribe to email notifications when I subscribe to a thread. Not a single one is checked. I checked a bunch and it immediately unchecked for me as well.

I can't imagine it's about the various email providers. Jen and I use different email providers and the odds of both of them marking DIS email as spam at the same time are very low.

My e-mail preferences are now all disabled for my watched threads, too. They have always before been enabled. I'm no longer receiving e-mail notifications of postings on my watched threads. None of the e-mails are in my spam file.

My emails have started again as of a few days ago and have been steady so far. No indication as to why they had stopped, but if it's working again, I'm happy.

Still nothing here. I'm subscribed for email notice on tons of threads and not a single email notification since 6/24. It's like someone turned off a faucet.

I went to my watched thread page again, and checked the boxes for email notification and clicked "enable email notification" and the checks disappear. Over and over.

I really hope @WebmasterAlex will take another look at this.

Still nothing here. I'm subscribed for email notice on tons of threads and not a single email notification since 6/24. It's like someone turned off a faucet.

I went to my watched thread page again, and checked the boxes for email notification and clicked "enable email notification" and the checks disappear. Over and over.

I really hope @WebmasterAlex will take another look at this.

I think I am finally getting them, but I have to check to be sure all are actually coming. But yes, every single time there is an upgrade I have had this issue. I know it's not my email blocking them. There is something else going on.

I think I am finally getting them, but I have to check to be sure all are actually coming. But yes, every single time there is an upgrade I have had this issue. I know it's not my email blocking them. There is something else going on.
Yeah! I'm glad yours seem to be working again. Still nothing here since 6/24.

I'm receiving my notification e-mails again! My "watch" list remains unchecked, so I don't know how that part works.

I'm receiving my notification e-mails again! My "watch" list remains unchecked, so I don't know how that part works.
Well yeah! 2 of you getting them. Surely mine will be soon! :bounce:

Well yeah! 2 of you getting them. Surely mine will be soon! :bounce:

Janet, I assume you tried clicking on "Mark all forums read"? Many of mine seemed to restart after I did that yesterday. Didn't help last week, but it did yesterday. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!