email pin code accident

missmissy

Mouseketeer
I got a email with a pin number in January. At the time time I did not know this was anything special. I told a friend who was going in May and she called a used it. A couple weeks later my family decided to go in June and we called and used the pin number to. Now after reading the boards I know that I should not have shared it. We both got are bills at the email pin rate. Do you guys think we are ok and slipped though the system or when I go will they say something and I have to pay rack rate. Thanks for the help.

If anyone ends paying rack rate it will be your friend b/c the email/postcard pins are supposed to be used only by the person who it is sent to so the ressie would have to match that name. This may or may not be checked/noticed at check in, but if I was your friend I would call about it so not to be surprised with a big bill at check in.

missmissy said:
I got a email with a pin number in January. At the time time I did not know this was anything special. I told a friend who was going in May and she called a used it. A couple weeks later my family decided to go in June and we called and used the pin number to. Now after reading the boards I know that I should not have shared it. We both got are bills at the email pin rate. Do you guys think we are ok and slipped though the system or when I go will they say something and I have to pay rack rate. Thanks for the help.

(I have my fire extinguisher ready)......Last year someone shared a postcard pincode with us and we used it. We were able to get WL woodsview for 120.00 per night. NO ONE ever asked for the actual postcard or the pincode at check in. (We gave the pin code to CRO when we make reservations.) We even extended our stay and we still got the reduced rate. I wouldn't worry too much....

It is not that the CM checking you in ask for the postcard. It is most CRO CMs will not book a room for anyone using a PIN code other then the person the pin code went to.

Sounds like you slipped through.

Thank you for your help. I didn't know how lucky I was to get the email. I have learned alot on these boards. THANKS ALOT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter