Email Reservations

Brennan

Earning My Ears
I'm new to all this, and I did notice at the DVC web site something that looked like you could email a reservation request. What works best calling or email?

Thanks!

Brennan, I've heard of people getting a prompt response with E-Mail, but I always choose to call. Often the Member Services agent can give you an idea of availability which you can't get in cyberspace. I do wish that we could simply make reservations directly on the Internet, but I suppose that it's too much to ask.

If you know exactly what reservation you want --- don't need to ask any questions---- I have found that e-mail works great. You don't have to spend time on the phone waiting........

I used it once. I made a specific request, but they did not have what I wanted. I heard back in two days.

I have made a number of ressies by e-mail in the past ,usually with prompt response. I sent a request 2 days ago to the new e-mail address posted here though and have not heard anything yet! I am getting a bit antsy. I will call tomorrow if I haven't heard anything! It would seem that e-mail requests should take the same precedence as phone requests but I guess not.:confused:

I also tried the email reservation system. I became to impatient waiting for a response, which took about 24 hours. It was easier to call the 800 number and get immediate results.

Also you cannot use the email system for reservation outside the Disney Collection.

I've been using email since they started accepting it several years ago. The response time varies widely. I've used it for ressies, banking, getting points statements, PS's and so on. Sometimes they're fast, sometimes not. Lately it's taken 2-4 days to get a response, but sometimes I've had a response within a few hours.

For me the bottom line is: if it's a high priority, time-sensitive item, I call; if not I email.

Just an update. I got my confirmation today on the third day after I made the request. Reasonable as long as the dates are not prime season, but their is something to be said for the immediate gratification of calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter