Embarking questions, signing up for things..

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
So we are checked in online and got an early PAT time! I have some questions concerning PAT, boarding time and also what things I need to plan to take care of once on board.. I don't want to over plan, actually I just want to get on the ship, eat and chill by the pool. Trying to think what I need to do before the Muster. So here are they:

1. Early PAT 10:45-11.. what time do you assume we will be on board.
2. DD is signed up online already, I notice DS being 13 doesn have to sign up or at least the online check in didnt have him. .. So do they simply go to Edge and that is it? or do I need to plan any terminal or onboard time dealing with this?
3. Tasting were all booked out for sea day.. I read they offer more classes once on board? Where do I sign up for these and when ( timing wise).. do I make a dash to where once on board to be first in line?
4. What time does the pool area start getting crowded.. wondering if we save a chair and split up who eats when... Or plan is to eat and hang out at the pool before the cabin is ready. I heard the aquaduck lines are not too bad at this time, true?
5. I read you can get free data for a trial time.. Do I need to go somewhere specific for this?

is there anything else I am missing that I need to plan to do once we board? We got the 2 princess stuff, no need for adult dining,.. We really just want to eat with low crowds, swim and check the ship out.

I heard that you can also change your dining rotation if you are not happy? is it true that I find this out first when we get our cabin cards? Also which rotation is the best?

thnks

So we are checked in online and got an early PAT time! I have some questions concerning PAT, boarding time and also what things I need to plan to take care of once on board.. I don't want to over plan, actually I just want to get on the ship, eat and chill by the pool. Trying to think what I need to do before the Muster. So here are they:

2. DD is signed up online already, I notice DS being 13 doesn have to sign up or at least the online check in didnt have him. .. So do they simply go to Edge and that is it? or do I need to plan any terminal or onboard time dealing with this?
3. Tasting were all booked out for sea day.. I read they offer more classes once on board? Where do I sign up for these and when ( timing wise).. do I make a dash to where once on board to be first in line?
4. What time does the pool area start getting crowded.. wondering if we save a chair and split up who eats when... Or plan is to eat and hang out at the pool before the cabin is ready. I heard the aquaduck lines are not too bad at this time, true?
5. I read you can get free data for a trial time.. Do I need to go somewhere specific for this?

is there anything else I am missing that I need to plan to do once we board? We got the 2 princess stuff, no need for adult dining,.. We really just want to eat with low crowds, swim and check the ship out.

I heard that you can also change your dining rotation if you are not happy? is it true that I find this out first when we get our cabin cards? Also which rotation is the best?

thnks
I can hit on 3. When we boarded the Dream last month, I went directly to Guest Services on Deck 3 just to the right of where you board to sign up for tastings. We boarded fairly late (almost 2 pm), and they still had slots available for a number of tastings (although not everything), when online had been full.

The earliest you will be on the ship is like 11;30 or so. After they begin boarding and do concierge and Platinum. If you are OK with eating in shifts then you won't have to schlep your carry-on luggage to the dining room. Having one group hang by the pool with the luggage while the others eat and then switch is a fine plan. Aqua duck should indeed by running and short lines shortly after you arrive. Not much else you need to sign up for. Indeed, Edge kids just show up there the first time and get stickers on their KTTW room cards. (You can go with them or not, as you please). Enjoy the ship!

thnks

Probably around 12:00pm. It depends more on your boarding group, earlier PATs are normally liked to a lower boarding group but it also depends on how many Platinum and Concierge are on your cruise. They board first. We were on the recent EBTA and that cruise was full of Platinums. We had a boarding number in the teens, and even still we were on by 12:20pm.

No personal experience with this, but pretty sure Edge doesn't need to sign up. They just show up.

Yes make a Dash. And be ready to wait in line. And ask for the complete list. They often hold back classes that they don't even offer for online booking. They may have several Bourbon and Scotch classes offered over a cruise, and these generally don't have a online sign up option. They will also offer premium tastings of things like Scotch with higher end offerings given. These they just put on the one little list they give you once you go to sign up onboard. They generally do this in one of the dining locations and list it in the navigator you receive upon check in. on our EBTA cruise this year they had it listed, and then changed it and it was in Promenade Lounge. The line to sign up took almost 45 minutes.....

Seriously we never go to the pool, but were on the deck a lot for yummy food. It is usually busy by 10ish at a best guess. By lunch its full! Also depends on if you have a time change day, or a port day. etc.

Nope you can do it on your device straight from the free DCL Navigator App. Make sure to download before you leave home. Each devise gets the free 50mb trial. On a weeklong cruise we get by with just that. Time to unplug.

If you want a relaxing lunch I'd recommend going to the sit-down lunch offered on Embarkation day. Its a great way to start and you don't have to drag your day bag all over the place in Cabanas while trying to get food. By the time you've gone through the Tasting Sign up line, and had lunch, its usually 1:30pm and time to go to your stateroom.

In answer to your data question, if you sign up before midnight on the first day, you receive 50mb free to use during the cruise. That is at Guest Services. Sorry I did not keep the flyer that posted the packages. IF I remember correctly it was 25 cents per mb or you could buy the package. The first package level was $20 but I forget for how many mbs. You are charged by data used not by time. DS was suppose to have a quiz for college, but it got cancelled. You can reserve a laptop on the Fantasy with deposit which is refunded upon return. The Dream and the Fantasy do not have computers set up like on the Magic and Wonder. They have a desk on deck 4 across from DVC/cruise sign up just off the elevators.

In answer to your data question, if you sign up before midnight on the first day, you receive 50mb free to use during the cruise. That is at Guest Services. Sorry I did not keep the flyer that posted the packages. IF I remember correctly it was 25 cents per mb or you could buy the package. The first package level was $20 but I forget for how many mbs. You are charged by data used not by time. DS was suppose to have a quiz for college, but it got cancelled. You can reserve a laptop on the Fantasy with deposit which is refunded upon return. The Dream and the Fantasy do not have computers set up like on the Magic and Wonder. They have a desk on deck 4 across from DVC/cruise sign up just off the elevators.

The Magic and Wonder no longer offer computers. It's all on your own device. You only need to go to the Computer Help Desk if there is issues. Otherwise you now buy your MB package on your personal devise using the DCL Navigator App. You can buy packages like $80 for 100mb of use, per minute charges, all of it, through the App now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter