EMH and MM get in at the same time?

kirstyfly

Mouseketeer
Have been reading about EMH and MM.

I understand EMH is if you are staying on site at a Disneyland hotel and is for both Disneyland and Califiornia on certain days.

I understand MM is if you have a multi park ticket and is for Disneyland only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

What I am uncertain about is do both EMH and MM enter the park at the same time? or is that Disney hotel guests get in an extra hour before the MM guests then normal park hours after for everyone else.

I understand EMH is if you are staying on site at a Disneyland hotel and is for both Disneyland and Califiornia on certain days.

I understand MM is if you have a multi park ticket and is for Disneyland only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

What I am uncertain about is do both EMH and MM enter the park at the same time? or is that Disney hotel guests get in an extra hour before the MM guests then normal park hours after for everyone else.
At Disneyland the time for EMH and MM are the SAME

Some clarification here:
1) EMH is for on site guests at DL only, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only, FL and TL only.
2) EE is for on site guests at DCA only, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays only. Most people just refer to this as EMH anyway, but there is a technical difference.
3) MM is a perk attached to 3+ day tickets (multi-day, not multi park -- so a 2 day park hopper won't come with a MM). 3+ day tickets purchased at the ticket booths and military discount tickets do not come with a MM. MM is good for DL only, TL and FL only, on a Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday only. Whereas EMH gives you early entry to DL on more than one day if you stay on site multiple days (e.g. during a stay that includes a Tuesday, a Thursday, and a Saturday, you would have EMH on all 3 days), a 3+ day ticket only comes with one MM.
4) PP are correct: For early entry at DL, MM and EMH are the same hour.
Hope this all makes sense!

Same time for both in DL, only difference is how you get access to that early opening
What is the difference in the way access works? Different turnstiles...or just different system for the entitlement?
Does DL/DCA seem more crowded than normal on days with early access? (After regular entry begins)

What is the difference in the way access works? Different turnstiles...or just different system for the entitlement?
Does DL/DCA seem more crowded than normal on days with early access? (After regular entry begins)

It's literally just a different name for the same access. The signs above the turnstiles will say "EMH/MM".

It's literally just a different name for the same access. The signs above the turnstiles will say "EMH/MM".
I thought the same thing. But, this Saturday morning when were lining up for EMH/MM (and also trying to see how the BG process would work on the first EMH/MM of that whole ROTR mess...), I noticed that the two turnstiles to the very far right as you are looking at DL only say "Magic Morning". All of the other turnstiles say "Extra Magic Hour/Magic Morning". We had EMH since we were staying at the GCH, but we now have APs so we didn't have a MM. The lines at the two far right turnstiles were very short, so we lined up there initially. Then I read the signs and started to get panicked that we would be in the wrong line, find out when we tried to go through and then have to get back at the end of the (now) very long lines waiting to try for ROTR (if they really were ONLY MM). So I asked 2 CMs. Neither could tell me for sure if those two gates were only for MM or were for EMH/MM, even though they were marked MM. I did not want to take any risks that morning since crowds were enormous, and we were trying for ROTR. So we got out of that line and into one marked EMH/MM. Our CM ended up being on her first day (or acted like it), and it was a disaster, but the Lead who basically had to take over for her eventually got us all in (and all 5 families in front of us who were also told by this CM that they could not enter/didn't have the right room key/had an expired AP when it doesn't expire for 10 months/already used their MM even though they were staying onsite, etc)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!