EMH or no EMH in week between Christmas and New Year's Eve?

TMJR

Mouseketeer
I will be traveling with my daughters, 18 and 10 and we are staying at Pop Century. They are willing to get up early and we would get there before rope drop, but I'm just trying to decide if we should take advantage of EMH or follow other crowd calendars and go to non EMH parks. We do have hoppers so we can also move to another park or take an afternoon break and head to a relatively less crowded park for the evening.

Thanks!

I will be traveling with my daughters, 18 and 10 and we are staying at Pop Century. They are willing to get up early and we would get there before rope drop, but I'm just trying to decide if we should take advantage of EMH or follow other crowd calendars and go to non EMH parks. We do have hoppers so we can also move to another park or take an afternoon break and head to a relatively less crowded park for the evening.

Thanks!

Sort of hard to avoid EMHs that week, especially at MK. Granted EMHs this year could change, but using last year as a frame of reference, MK had 8AM park openings and 7AM-8AM EMHs every day 12/22-12/31 (plus 1AM-3AM PM EMHs on 12/30).

With the full disclosure that I’m a rope drop person to begin with, I’d be all over at least one of those MK AM EMHs that week if given the opportunity, if not more - then just hop somewhere else later in the day/evening. Early EMHs combined with early parking opening = typically a good opportunity to cover some ground, even in super-high crowd times.

Sort of hard to avoid EMHs that week, especially at MK. Granted EMHs this year could change, but using last year as a frame of reference, MK had 8AM park openings and 7AM-8AM EMHs every day 12/22-12/31 (plus 1AM-3AM PM EMHs on 12/30).

With the full disclosure that I’m a rope drop person to begin with, I’d be all over at least one of those MK AM EMHs that week if given the opportunity, if not more - then just hop somewhere else later in the day/evening. Early EMHs combined with early parking opening = typically a good opportunity to cover some ground, even in super-high crowd times.

Thank you so much, that's really helpful! Currently there are only am EMH at MK listed for 12/28, and I tried finding park hours for December 2017 as reference but the charts I was finding all said 9am opening, which I found hard to believe. Great to know there were so many early EMH last year!

When I looked at this, I thought I had posted it! I'll be at Pop that week with my husband and then 19 and 11 year old daughters, haha! I was trying to figure out why I had them off a year! maybe we will see you there!

We are planning on going out early every morning, it lookslike, historically, the earlier the better.

When I looked at this, I thought I had posted it! I'll be at Pop that week with my husband and then 19 and 11 year old daughters, haha! I was trying to figure out why I had them off a year! maybe we will see you there!

We are planning on going out early every morning, it lookslike, historically, the earlier the better.

Haha! I bet we will see you there!

We go every year and I never really pay attention to what park has EMH when. There are normally certain things I want to do on certain days and I plan around that ... like Epcot on Christmas Eve and NYE, MK on Dec 30th ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter