EMM MK or PPO BOG?

toonaspie

Just a poser
LOL, a lotta abbreviations in the title I know.

I need to decide quickly which is the better/more value option here. I have a BOG lunch ADR (11am) on the same day that MK is doing a EMM event. The latter might already be sold out but if it isn't I need to decide quickly if it's better to do EMM or try and change my BOG ADR to a 8ish breakfast (if possible) and wait at RD or if I should just RD for the standard 9am opening.

I thought my dad wouldn't want to do this but he informed me that it is up to me if I think it will be money-wise worth it. TP crowd level expected to be a 2 on this particular MK day. It's a party day but we're planning on hopping to DHS that night.

Thanks

Another note: my concern with doing EMM is that we will be at MK the night before for HEA and probably won't leave the park till 10ish not getting back to our hotel till 11. I worry we would be too tired to get up and make it to EMM the following morning to take advantage of it.

Mind if I ask when is this? Your hands may be tied in terms of availability of both EMM and/or the BOG PPO ADR so that may dictate your plans.

It would be for next Sunday. I just checked and there is still availability for EMM which I am leaning heavily towards for.

I would just have to try and bump up our BOG ADR cause it would be too early of a lunch if we take advantage of the EMM breakfast.

Also: I hear horror stories about PP and SDMT not working during some EMM so that makes me iffy.

Could you please clarify what value you are looking for here (because different people place value on different things)?

Do you want to experience BOG or is it only for the early park access? Since you have BOG ADR for lunch, it makes me think you want to eat at BOG. I'm trying to figure out why EMM would make you want to change the ADR to breakfast.

Generally, EMM crowds are small, and don't really affect RD ride availability. I have also read that those with early ADRs are being held at their own RD during EMM until park opening, and not allowed to go to the rides early. So an 8am ARD at BOG isn't going to get you on 7DMT much sooner than being at the front of the pack for RD.

It would be for next Sunday. I just checked and there is still availability for EMM which I am leaning heavily towards for.

I would just have to try and bump up our BOG ADR cause it would be too early of a lunch if we take advantage of the EMM breakfast.

Also: I hear horror stories about PP and SDMT not working during some EMM so that makes me iffy.

So are you planning to not eat the EMM breakfast and go to BOG for breakfast instead? Why would you pay for EMM, not eat the included breakfast, and then spend a good deal of that extra park time eating breakfast at BOG at 8am (and paying for it)? Because that sounds like a terrible value.

Money-wise, if the attractions open during emm are the ones you want, then for me, emm is an absolute no brainer for better value.

For the whole thing about being wiped out, that's tough. I will say this though, emm has a very good chance of being the highlight of you trip, IF the attractions that are open are ones you'd like to go on multiple times. The breakfast will be better than the 25.00 joke you'll be getting at bog. If you do choose emm, plan a very early night.

Also, if you're gonna try for a ppo at bog, you're not that much earlier for emm, and the breakfast at emm will be better. I might think about comparing the prices. Subtract the bog breakfast from emm, and then see how much it costs for you to have an empty park for 75 minutes. If the attractions are worth it, look at THAT price. For value, it's a no brainer.

Last edited:

So are you planning to not eat the EMM breakfast and go to BOG for breakfast instead? Why would you pay for EMM, not eat the included breakfast, and then spend a good deal of that extra park time eating breakfast at BOG at 8am (and paying for it)? Because that sounds like a terrible value.

No. I'm just trying to look at all my available options for what to do that morning.

To clarify: The BOG ADR that I currently have is @ 11:05am, which is lunch ADR. Not a PPO. My dad really wants to do BOG but if we do EMM that means a small 3ish hr space between EMM and BOG meals. I'm thinking of trying to move up our BOG to more 12ish or whatever if possible.

The BOG PPB is just an alternative option that some argue is better than doing EMM. However I am thinking that EMM would be better and still hold on to my BOG lunch adr. Right now I originally planned to not to EMM. But we will only be at WDW for under 4 days. Alot to do in so little time I am thinking.

I liked DAH better, but if you're looking to get a lot of rides in, EMM is far and away the better choice.

I don't know how old your kids are, but last year we did a late night and an early start (they were 13, 10 and 10) and somehow they came up with the energy to make it to EMM. You can get your rides in and then do breakfast after the crowds show. You might end up calling that day early, but I wouldn't worry too much about the wake up. Adrenaline does wonderful things in the short term.

Welp, I just took the plunge and booked EMM. All this last minute changing of my plans is getting me iffy. :scared: But I'm hoping it will all be cool. The long term plan had us in MK that morning anyway. Might as get whatever we can out of it.

If you do emm, cancel the 11 am bog or move it to the time you plan to leave mk which might be an easier time to get. The emm buffet is available until 10am, right? Don't step foot into the buffet until about 9:30 at the earliest- that would be my approach, anyway.

Keep checking for a later BOG lunch ADR this week, even the day before. When close to the date I sometimes find ADR times for high volume places like BOG suddenly become much more abundant when people are there and start adjusting plans, canceling, etc.

Have fun!

Keep checking for a later BOG lunch ADR this week, even the day before. When close to the date I sometimes find ADR times for high volume places like BOG suddenly become much more abundant when people are there and start adjusting plans, canceling, etc.

Have fun!

That's the plan as of right now. I'm kinda frustrated cause I keep thinking my whole trip itinerary is gonna go one direction and now just days before leaving it goes another which means all the FPs and ADRs I've already made need to readjusted etc, etc with no guarantee of change availbility. You get the idea.

Welp, I just took the plunge and booked EMM. All this last minute changing of my plans is getting me iffy. :scared: But I'm hoping it will all be cool. The long term plan had us in MK that morning anyway. Might as get whatever we can out of it.

I hope nothing goes "down"
Friendly tips: GET THERE ON TIME NO MATTER WHAT. If you're not driving, at least think about ubering to the contemp. This avoids ANY issue, and will allow you to sleep in instead of relying on disney trans.Uber is fantastic, cars are abundant.

The pictures you can get, will probably be incredible. Make sure the kids know that when you say "picture time," they know to fall into place, take orders, and stop moving, and smile. Wasting 5 min to take a picture because one of them is being giggly (really just being a kid, I know) is costing you some serious $. Just let them know how lucky they are for the experience, and you'd like some awesome pictures, and the quicker they fall in, the quicker they can get back to the fun. Those minutes will add up QUICKLY.

If it ll goes smoothly, I think you'll see you've made the right choice x 100. To quote a PP, BOG breakfast really does suck. As a PPO, it is what it is, and I have one scheduled already for our trip. But, the food is kind of (read: FULLY) a joke.

That's the plan as of right now. I'm kinda frustrated cause I keep thinking my whole trip itinerary is gonna go one direction and now just days before leaving it goes another which means all the FPs and ADRs I've already made need to readjusted etc, etc with no guarantee of change availbility. You get the idea.

For the $ you are paying for the vacation, this planning ensures you get to enjoy it, and you know exactly what to do, where to go next. Yes, it's a puzzle that has pieces that might fit differently on a different day, but when you glide right by the families that are standing around a crumpled map, trying to figure out which way to go to get a burger at high noon...it's easily all worth it.

I hope nothing goes "down"
Friendly tips: GET THERE ON TIME NO MATTER WHAT. If you're not driving, at least think about ubering to the contemp. This avoids ANY issue, and will allow you to sleep in instead of relying on disney trans.Uber is fantastic, cars are abundant.

No kids on this trip. We're all adults so it should be good. Unfortunately I don't see us spending money on an Uber even if it is for like $20 or so. The new pricing structure for the Minnie Vans would put us at a disadvantage since we're at All Star Movies, the farthest resort from MK. I'm glad we won't have to worry about breakfast though. I don't wanna have breakfast at the All Stars and it's hard to find another place to eat in the morning without shilling big bucks for a TS ADR.

I think it would be helpful to evaluate which rides you think you are legitimately planning to ride for 75 minutes straight. Do you and your dad want to loop around on Peter Pan 10 times? Do EMM. Do you want to go on 7D over and over before breakfast? Do EMM. Do you want to free up your MK fastpasses by ensuring that you have PP and 7D already covered, so you can race to Big Thunder/ Splash/ HM before coming back for a leisurely breakfast and book three additional fastpasses starting around 10am? Do EMM.

BUT...if you are looking to get a jump on one of the above rides only, and can find a reservation for BOG that is PPO, that would likely be a better fit. You will still get the advantage of beating out the rope drop crowd and will be all but guaranteed one ride on either PP or 7D without burning a FP for it.

The food at the EMM breakfast is catered by Be Our Guest’s kitchen (most of it, at the minimum), so you will technically be eating much of the same food anyway ;). So, if you end up keeping the EMM, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on the breakfast food and can enjoy the lunch you booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter