EMM morning logistics?

mgc

Mouseketeer
Good morning- 7 of my family members and I will be staying in Indian Rocks beach for a week in February. They just want to do one day at MK (Staying overnight is not an option due to finances and other logistical issues). Because of heavy crowds for that week and wanting to maximize time, I booked us for EMM. It looks like it will take about 1:45 to drive to TCC from our rental in IRB. My question is- how much time should I allow for us to get into TCC and park, take the monorail and get to EMM check in? Is there usually a line of traffic to enter TCC at that time of the morning? Are there other options?
Thank you!

I thought EMM Hours were only for guests staying on Disney property, unless I am mistaken...
EMM is Early Morning Magic, which is a paid event open to anyone who pays for the event ticket. You are probably thinking of EMH, Extra Magic Hours, which are available to Disney Resort guests (and recently some hotels near Disney Springs as well).

My question is- how much time should I allow for us to get into TCC and park, take the monorail and get to EMM check in? Is there usually a line of traffic to enter TCC at that time of the morning? Are there other options?
Thank you!

We have done that drive as a day trip from Redington Beach...right down the road from you. It was all adults so that helped us on the ground once we arrived. And this was before the heavier security. I remember that it took longer than the time projected as we left the condo (which said 2 hours). We were on the road by 6:30 and did not make it in to the park for RD at a 9:00 am opening.

So in your case, I would target your arrival at check in for EMM to be 7:30 - check in is at 7:45 and you don't want to be late and miss any of the event time. Working backwards, I would leave the condo no later than 4:00 am which sounds like excessive time but it gets amazingly eaten up by traffic as you get closer, and the by the process of parking and getting to MK and then security (faster if no bags). But I would rather get there and have extra time rather be rushing to arrive on time....especially with a group of 7.

We have done that drive as a day trip from Redington Beach...right down the road from you. It was all adults so that helped us on the ground once we arrived. And this was before the heavier security. I remember that it took longer than the time projected as we left the condo (which said 2 hours). We were on the road by 6:30 and did not make it in to the park for RD at a 9:00 am opening.

So in your case, I would target your arrival at check in for EMM to be 7:30 - check in is at 7:45 and you don't want to be late and miss any of the event time. Working backwards, I would leave the condo no later than 4:00 am which sounds like excessive time but it gets amazingly eaten up by traffic as you get closer, and the by the process of parking and getting to MK and then security (faster if no bags). But I would rather get there and have extra time rather be rushing to arrive on time....especially with a group of 7.
Thank you very much this is exactly the info I was looking for (even though leaving at 4am sounds incredibly painful !!). Thanks again!

Actually my grandkids are pretty compliant about early departures when fun is involved! Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!