EMM vs MNSSHP

ekms

Earning My Ears
We have a trip scheduled for the last week of August. We are interested in doing a hard ticketed event and trying to decide between MNSSHP and EMM.

We have two elementary aged kids who love all rides at MK and don’t care much about parades or M&G. We are morning people but could rally for a late night.

We have done EMM and loved that you can simply walk on SDMT over and over. But EMM is also so short, and SDMT is the only ride my kids care about. MNSSHP offers lots of rides and for longer hours, though I assume walk-ons are rare for the big ticket rides. I’ve read that you can’t assume that MNSSHP will have lower wait times, but it’s especially hard to figure out what wait times might look like for MNSSHP in late August.

Has anyone done both events and can share info about how they compare from a “maximizing rides” point of view?

Honestly, the Halloween party lines aren't bad. It seems as if many people are interested in the fireworks, candy, and character meets rather than the rides. We've been to three parties, two on Halloween night, and 99% of the rides were walk on even at sold out parties. We only want to ride rides, so it's worked out well for us. The closer you get to midnight, the less crowded it is too. So, if you could rally late, I think you'd really get your money's worth.

We did EMM in January and it was cool, but there is more to do at s party for sure.

I can only compare EMM to the Christmas party as that's the time of year we go, and have never done the Halloween one. They are really nothing alike. Not comparable experiences. We do both and each are great in their own way. My family is a ride family too. The difference is that EMM you get multiple rides on 7DMT for an hour or so. (We did 10 and a ride on the other 2 rides too.) But as you know, very short. Time flies by. The party...ride times for us were all walk on after 7:00 except for 7DMT and PP which were 30 minutes or more. So we got a ton of rides in over and over on the mountains, etc...all big ticket attractions, except the two mentioned. So really depends what you are looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!