Empty lot across from Disneyland - New Hotel

Erin M

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this has already been reported!!

On our flight home last night the couple behind us on the plane told us they had been down to DL for a groundbreaking ceremony at that empty lot. They have invested in the project. He called it Raddiosn Blue and said there would be a mix of family style rooms and normal rooms. He also mentioned there would be a kid pool area and then up top a more adult pool/fire pit area. They expect construction to take about a year.

I told him I was happy to hear there would be more family style rooms, we like that. He indicated the kids would have their own little bunk area.

No idea if this is 100% accurate but I thought it was interesting. I know that lots been sitting there a while. I’m sure people here may even know more. :)

If we're taking about the empty lot immediately north of Tropicana (where the Carousel motel had been), then I'm doubting the story. Disney owns the land as part of the failed Eastern Gateway project. I don't believe I've seen or heard about the land being sold recently. But I'd love to be corrected on any details!

If we're taking about the empty lot immediately north of Tropicana (where the Carousel motel had been), then I'm doubting the story. Disney owns the land as part of the failed Eastern Gateway project. I don't believe I've seen or heard about the land being sold recently. But I'd love to be corrected on any details!
Nah. It’s this one https://www.ocbj.com/news/2018/apr/05/radisson-blu-planned-anaheim/ says it’s on Katella, a short shuttle ride to the parks or to GardenWalk.

Interesting, he definitely said the lot across the street but that’s obviously not right. I do think some people get turned around and don’t understand exactly what that means. Anyway, not quite as exiting, but sounds like a cool new option to stay.

Interesting, he definitely said the lot across the street but that’s obviously not right. I do think some people get turned around and don’t understand exactly what that means. Anyway, not quite as exiting, but sounds like a cool new option to stay.
In Anaheim Resort hotel speak, the south border for "across the street" is Katella, so *technically*... There's always those hotels that say they are "across the street," which translates to mean "in view of the intersection of the furthest edge of the resort area." Ugh!

What about where the Anabelle used to be? Did they ever get started on that one? Haven't been there in a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter