• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Enchanted Garden buffet?

Kesohio63

Mouseketeer
It’s been a few years since we were on the Fantasy, and I don’t remember there being a breakfast or lunch buffet in Enchanted Garden in addition to Cabanas, but this is listed on the Disney Cruise website. Is this new? Has anyone eaten there for breakfast/lunch, and if so how was it? I like Cabanas, but it can be a bit of a zoo.

On the Dream a few months ago and the buffet setup was there and we asked I server about it. He said it hadn't been a thing offered in years and the equipment was due to be removed at the next dry dock. Same thing maybe for the Fantasy?

On the Dream a few months ago and the buffet setup was there and we asked I server about it. He said it hadn't been a thing offered in years and the equipment was due to be removed at the next dry dock. Same thing maybe for the Fantasy?
Likely this. And the website is not always super up to date.

My adult kids went to the brunch buffet in Enchanted Garden once on the Dream this summer, so it was in use then. I think it's just on sea days? I seem to remember it had a later start than sit down breakfast and ran later?

Fantasy 2014, you can see the buffet setup at the end of the path
main room entrance fantasy 2014 2220 P1030468 1500.jpg
Closer view (not great, but you get the idea)
buffet fantasy 2017 P1120806.JPG
buffet fantasy 2014 0209 P1040171 1500.jpg

At that time we were told it was part of the original plan for EG, but hardly ever used.

We’ll be on the Fantasy in January, so I’ll be interested to see if this is an option then. I’m guessing the choices might be limited compared to Cabanas because of less space. We had embarkation day lunch at the Enchanted Garden buffet on the Dream in 2014, but I never noticed it being available on our cruises since then.

Typical DCL IT support. Web site describes the buffet breakfast and lunch in EG that has been gone for many years. That change was made well before the Covid inter , so it’s hardly a recent change.

We had the breakfast buffet in Enchanted Gardens on the Dream on sea days this past summer.
That’s good enough for me.

The Disney Food Blog had a review in late 22 that the buffet was available on the Dream and Fantasy.

The rez for my upcoming Fantasy cruise this Sat. is showing that the EG is offering a breakfast buffet.

Last edited:
Just off the Fantasy this past Saturday. Enchanted Garden buffet was never used and Cabanas was also no longer open for dinner.
Hmm, interesting.

The Cabanas dinner has been gone for a few years.

We’re you able to check on all the sea days? Someone posted that the EG buffet was only on sea days.

Last edited:
Just off the Fantasy at the beginning of November, there was no buffet in EG any day (or any other time I've been on the Fantasy).

Someone posted a few posts back that they did the EG breakfast buffet on the Dream this past summer.
Maybe they are doing it on cruises that are more full again? I don’t know. I wish they would have more dining in the venue, it’s my favorite of the MDRs …

Years ago, we would always go to Enchanted Garden on embarkation day and they offered a buffet lunch on that day only. If I recall correctly, it was around 2016 when they changed the Enchanted Garden embarkation lunch to a table service menu.

Enchanted Garden had breakfast open one morning only on our cruise. That said, it was the exact same normal breakfast menu, and there was no buffet. The equipment was there, and it looked as though it hadn't been turned on in a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter