Some updated pictures of the hotel...….

From the Club Lounge at RPR

i-bxCNfRb-X2.jpg

From across the road......

i-mJc5MSn-X2.jpg

i-z85JH8R-X2.jpg

i-JznvTzm-X2.jpg

i-rVprpfX-X2.jpg

It is coming along nicely and well on target to open on time as predicted...….it is a large hotel, but not as large as Dockside over the other side of the road......that is massive!!!!

Will start a thread on Dockside nearer completion...….

I just booked this hotel this weekend for Nov 7-9th then moving to Disney for a week. I have two teens who are into Harry Potter and the combination of the room setup and perks sold me(having three total beds was key). We have been to universal before but never stayed in a hotel there so I am looking forward to it. I had a few questions:

1) Can I store my luggage at the hotel after checking out? We are planning on spending the day at Universal, but will then leave in the afternoon/evening to check in at Disney.
2) How is Volcano bay in cooler months? It looks like a really cool park, but the plan is to play it by ear and only go if it isn't freezing. We could always take a day trip back there later in the week (we have the 2 day+3 day promo ticket).
3) Would you recommend getting an express pass for the dates of our trip? We have never needed one before. My current plan is to see how the crowds are on the Friday (8th) and purchase one for the 9th if we feel we will need one.

Last edited:
I have never had an issue checking out at RP and leaving my luggage with valet until when I leave in the evening

Don’t think you will have any issues at your Loews hotel for your luggage hold

Haven't seen this posted yet. Some food/drink previews with a few pictures too. Fox35

BREAKFAST:
  • Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant: Served with breakfast potatoes
  • Breakfast Pizza: Sausage gravy, bracon, scrambled eggs, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.

LUNCH AND DINNER:

• Italian Ciabatta: Ham, capicola, genoa salami, provolone, red onion, tomato, shredded romaine, pepperoncini, red wine vinaigrette
  • SoCal Cobb Salad: Chopped lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, blue cheese, bacon, hard boiled egg, and avocado ranch dressing
  • Caprese Panini: Tomato, mozzarella, fresh basil, balsamic glaze
  • Pipeline Burger: Beef patty, topped with caramelized onion, bacon jam and provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, toasted bun
  • Tofu Power Bowl with Baja Sauce: Cilantro lime rice, quinoa, kale, red cabbage, pickled carrots

DRINKS:

• Orange Surf Board: Orange vodka, coconut ru, triple sec, orange juice, and a splash of cranberry
  • Tidal Wave: Endless Summer rum, peach vodka, gin, peach schnapps, orange juice, and pineapple juice
  • Epic Sunset: Vodka, mango colada, and Strawberry Island Oasis
  • Toasted Coconut Mango Mojito: Coconut rum, mango, and mojito island oasis

Last edited:
Haven't seen this posted yet. Some food/drink previews with a few pictures too. Fox35

BREAKFAST:
  • Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant: Served with breakfast potatoes
  • Breakfast Pizza: Sausage gravy, bracon, scrambled eggs, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.

LUNCH AND DINNER:

• Italian Ciabatta: Ham, capicola, genoa salami, provolone, red onion, tomato, shredded romaine, pepperoncini, red wine vinaigrette
  • SoCal Cobb Salad: Chopped lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, blue cheese, bacon, hard boiled egg, and avocado ranch dressing
  • Caprese Panini: Tomato, mozzarella, fresh basil, balsamic glaze
  • Pipeline Burger: Beef patty, topped with caramelized onion, bacon jam and provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, toasted bun
  • Tofu Power Bowl with Baja Sauce: Cilantro lime rice, quinoa, kale, red cabbage, pickled carrots

DRINKS:

• Orange Surf Board: Orange vodka, coconut ru, triple sec, orange juice, and a splash of cranberry
  • Tidal Wave: Endless Summer rum, peach vodka, gin, peach schnapps, orange juice, and pineapple juice
  • Epic Sunset: Vodka, mango colada, and Strawberry Island Oasis
  • Toasted Coconut Mango Mojito: Coconut rum, mango, and mojito island oasis
There's also this DIS Universal podcast you may want to watch.
Its all about the food and drink preview.

I have booked from 1st of January till the 10th one of the suites. I love Cabana Bay and sapphire falls. the price, that was a draw card. then when I read they would have a shuttle Bus that was the deal breaker. really looking forward to a new resort stay. and exsperiance

I have booked from 1st of January till the 10th one of the suites. I love Cabana Bay and sapphire falls. the price, that was a draw card. then when I read they would have a shuttle Bus that was the deal breaker. really looking forward to a new resort stay. and exsperiance

I’m sure you’ll love it....

The shuttle bus will be ideal, and I’m sure it’ll be as reliable as the Cabana Bay bus seems to be from folks that have stayed there.

If we are staying at a nearby hotel is it possible to use the shuttle bus from this hotel to the park? Since we are patrons of the park with purchased tickets, would that be a viable option over walking into the park?

Technically, anyone can visit the onsite UO hotels

Many take the water taxi or busses from city walk to the hotels to shop or dine

Only time the transportation system is off limits to those not staying onsite is during hhn as of midnight

That is done so those visitor drinking at the hotel bar have a way back to city walk
It’s a long walk depending on hotel they are at

Guests have to show their room key to use the water taxi at a specific time during hhn
(Think is is at midnight)

If you are staying offsite and want to use the shuttle bus at endless summer, do not feel you will have a problem

Keep current with alerts or updates in case policy changes

Thanks Macraven for you input. We will most likely end up staying at the new hotel but were also considering some of the others in the area.

If we are staying at a nearby hotel is it possible to use the shuttle bus from this hotel to the park? Since we are patrons of the park with purchased tickets, would that be a viable option over walking into the park?

I was wondering about that too, my last trip in March I stayed just down the road on I-Drive, and I'll be staying at the same hotel in October.

I quite enjoy the walk to the park in the morning, but the walk back was I have to admit sometimes a chore (On a couple of really hot afternoons particularly), not unbearable by any means, but I think it really was the reason I didnt go the parks often in the evening as I didnt want to do the walk there and back again, and being on a budget I couldnt splurge for Ubers etc.

Methinks the Walgreens across the road is going to be a whole lot busier than it was on my last visit!

I was wondering about that too, my last trip in March I stayed just down the road on I-Drive, and I'll be staying at the same hotel in October.

I quite enjoy the walk to the park in the morning, but the walk back was I have to admit sometimes a chore (On a couple of really hot afternoons particularly), not unbearable by any means, but I think it really was the reason I didnt go the parks often in the evening as I didnt want to do the walk there and back again, and being on a budget I couldnt splurge for Ubers etc.

Methinks the Walgreens across the road is going to be a whole lot busier than it was on my last visit!
I think so too! The Walgreens will be super convenient.

I think so too! The Walgreens will be super convenient.

I have to say that for me it was a life saver, breakfast cereal, milk, cigarettes, cheap snacks, oh all sorts, everything I needed was there!

just booked this resort for a 2 bedroom suite for late August. Did not get the promo pricing but looking forward to staying in a (nearly) new hotel!

just booked this resort for a 2 bedroom suite for late August. Did not get the promo pricing but looking forward to staying in a (nearly) new hotel!

Fabulous!

Oh it’ll still be new enough I would think........it does look so pretty...... :)

The walkthrough looks great! Honestly, those rooms look fantastic for the money, particularly a family with a lot of kids or teenagers who want space. I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts