ENDLESS SUMMER RESORT.

My husband and I are staying at this hotel in late January. I'm a bit nervous about it after reading everyone's comments but the price is unbeatable plus being near offsite restaurants and Walgreens is a plus so I think we're sticking with it! Hopefully the buses are plentiful and quick so we can return to the hotel for an afternoon rest.

My husband and I are staying at this hotel in late January. I'm a bit nervous about it after reading everyone's comments but the price is unbeatable plus being near offsite restaurants and Walgreens is a plus so I think we're sticking with it! Hopefully the buses are plentiful and quick so we can return to the hotel for an afternoon rest.

The bus service is reported to be excellent.

I know every time we drove past the hotel, there were always buses around, either parked, waiting to leave or coming back....you should be fine with using them :thumbsup2

You will enjoy staying there

it’s new and offers a few things the other hotels can’t
(Offsite business)

We just returned home after a 6 night stay in a suite at Endless Summer (November 30-December 6). Overall it was pretty nice, but definately room for improvement. It was myself, my husband and three teenagers.

The room towels are awful, like every review I have read. There are no fans in the bathroom. So you hear everything everyone is doing in there, and then you get to share the smell too. There was only one luggage rack in the room, they could easily add one for every bed. They need more towel racks too, there is only one next to the sink. For a room with 6 guests, there is nowhere to put hang your towels up after a shower except the curtain rod in the tub.

The walls are thin. Our second night I could hear some kind of equipment maybe on the roof humming on and off. It was awful. Tossed and turned listening to that, then someone's toddler on the other side of my wall started crying at 2 am. So at 3 am a blearyeyed me went down to the front desk to complain. I wasn't ready to suffer through that noise for the 4 remaining nights we had. I was offered a room change later in the day and some breakfast vouchers. They moved us down the hall to the opposite street side with the new construction. Oh well, at least they weren't working till 7 am! The pool is WEAK. I have never seen a large baby pool meant for everyone before. 3.5 feet deep is pathetic. Barely deep enough to cool off.

The cafe downstairs was ok. The breakfast platter was a lot of food for $10, pancakes for $10 is kind of spendy even with a side of bacon. Tasty, though. We did not eat any other meals down there. There were only 2 workers manning the three food counters but we didn't go down till after 9 so it wasn't a problem for us. My girls had Starbucks one time. I am too cheap to indulge in overpriced coffee so we didn't make that a habit.

I read a few reviews where people claimed the beds were full size and not queen. I meant to measure to see what they really were (because they actually seemed between a full and a queen, if that is even possible!) but I forgot. Very comfortable mattress.

I would book this hotel again. I wonder if they are doing anything different with the other two new properties being finished next door? I have never had a hotel room without a vent in the bathroom so I am really surprised that anyone would design a new building that way. I guess thin walls happen at plenty of hotels, so that's not too surprising. The shuttle service was great, never waited more than 10 minutes to take off after walking down to catch one, either direction.
I'm reading reviews trying to decide where to stay our next time. The bathroom with no vent caught my eye because we are a family of 5 and that really turns us off! We just got back from Royal Pacific and it is the same there too. It has a sliding door with frosted glass that doesn't lock and no vent so it was like not having a door at all=zero privacy!! It looks like Sapphire Falls is the same and I just don't understand it?!?

I'm reading reviews trying to decide where to stay our next time. The bathroom with no vent caught my eye because we are a family of 5 and that really turns us off! We just got back from Royal Pacific and it is the same there too. It has a sliding door with frosted glass that doesn't lock and no vent so it was like not having a door at all=zero privacy!! It looks like Sapphire Falls is the same and I just don't understand it?!?

Interesting! I wonder if the other two brand new hotels going up by ES are the same dumb design.

I'm going next year and have a question about the refill cups. When we've stayed on Disney, you can get a selection of cold AND hot drinks. So, various fizzy drinks, Coke, Root Beer etc, plus coffee and hot chocolate. Can you get all these at Surfside? Just wondered as there is a Starbucks there.

interesting, I can speak for the family suites in Cabana Bay that there is an actual door to the room that holds the toilet, I mean it doesn't have anything in it other than the toilet and I think a towel rack so it's not palatial or anything but it is a door and a separate "room" for the toilet. I'm sure there was a vent in there too. We have a teen and preteen of opposite genders so privacy when changing is essential. I found everyone could meet that need in the suite.

We just did a split stay between Surfside and RPR for a long weekend. (We stayed one night at RPR to get the Express Passes for 2 days.)

We really liked Surfside, mainly because there was so much room for so little money, and the bus service was WAY more convenient than I thought it would be. Personally, unless you can somehow get a room right by the water taxi at the hotels that offer this feature, I feel it's a lot less outside walking to take the bus at Surfside. This is a big deal to me, as it was one of the things I was really worried about - and I was REALLY impressed with how easy and quick taking the bus was. I don't think I can adequately state how easy and quick it was.

Also, if we were staying any length of time, having the mini "kitchen" eating area would be awesome.

However, the towels are kinda awful (annoying, but no a dealbreaker for me.) The walls are paper thin (but we typically pack a white noise machine - my husband snores.) The quality of pillows/blankets are basic bargain hotel quality, and there are no extra pillows/blankets (2 pillows per bed only) - you have to ask for them (but they did bring more when asked.) And the beds...are not nearly as nice as the more expensive hotels. When we got to RPR for the one night, we fell into the beds and just sighed contentedly for a long minute at the difference in luxury. (But I'm biased - I love RPR.)

Since we have teenagers who need their own bed (1 boy, 2 girls), we have booked the 2 bedroom suite at Surfside again for HHN in September. It's not RPR - but considering we get a family trip and *our own room* for that kind of price - we love it.

Coffee maker in the room? Is coffee supplied?

I believe the coffee maker is only in the 2-bedroom suites. We stayed in one of the standard rooms and did not have that or a microwave.

We still had a great stay though, even in the standard room. I think we will try a suite next time for the extra space, but I really have no complaints about anything. Well, maybe the towels. As I think everyone can agree upon, those were pretty rough.

Yeah I have been keeping up with Tripadvisor and it seems like the resort may be working out its kinks a bit.
Every resort when they start always has hiccups. Like you said, you have to give them a chance to iron these things out.

Just got back from 1 night and I agree with everything! We plan to return to this hotel as the price can't be beat. I knew the reviews going in and read a ton on Trip Advisor. I also agree with the assessment of the parks. Clean bathrooms and common areas. We went to WDW for 5 night immediately following and found ourselves saying "it's not as clean as Universal".
I love Disney a lot and Love Universal too but IMO people always love to trash and hate on Universal. If that is the case then don't go.

We were booked at CBBR in a Vocano Bay view room in January but with VB being closed now until March, I just switched to a pool view at Endless Summer-Surfside (and saved a pretty penny by doing that).
My son and I are excited to try it out here!

We were booked at CBBR in a Vocano Bay view room in January but with VB being closed now until March, I just switched to a pool view at Endless Summer-Surfside (and saved a pretty penny by doing that).
My son and I are excited to try it out here!
We loved Endless Summer. If your at all interested the I-Trolley picks up pretty much right out side. We utilized it a lot. Went to both outlet malls, several really good restaurants. It drops off at lots of attractions.
There is a Denny's and a drugstore right across the street.
Just a few things incase you plan to do other things besides the parks.

Hi all. We're staying at Endless Summer for one night in November. I've been looking for current pool hours, but can't seem to find them. Have any of you been there recently that you would know? I realize they are subject to change, but I have a 6 year old who is anxious to swim even though we're getting in kind of late.

Edited to add: Since we're staying "on site" does that get us free parking at the parks?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!