"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

The lightsaber looks higher quality than the build your own currently at WDW. On the other hand, I'd be more worried about it breaking since it doesn't collapse and it's glass(it appears).

I'm curious...how much was that and the build your own droid? PM me if you don't want to post here.

Omg looks incredible! Sounds like you had sooo much fun and that you really got to do a lot during your first visit! Your BB looks great!

Just got over and got caught up on this TR. I didn't read about Galaxy's Edge yet in detail. I'm just not sure if I want the spoilers or not. I can't figure out how much I want to really get in and look at it. I might not be able to resists once the WDW one opens and they are both going strong!

So amazing!! It definitely seemed like that first time slot was the best just because you only ended up with one hour overlapping at the end. While I don't think I'd have any need for a lightsaber it seems like such a cool experience!! I may need to do one in November and then just give it to my brother for Christmas hahaha

Does every group get to do the cool "hold up the lightsaber" thing?

Lesley... I am THRILLED that you had such an amazing morning at SWGE!!! I can only imagine how excited you were to get to visit, and I'm so glad you were able to do everything!! You even got to take a photo with Josh D'Amaro- how cool!

Watching the videos on Twitter of the CMs cheering on everyone entering the land that morning gave me absolute chills... I can't even begin to imagine how amazing of a welcome that must have been!

Love the droid and the lightsaber, and I adore that woman's Orange Bird!

Thanks for sharing!!

I'm so happy for you that the opening was such an incredible experience!! You had such a great game plan anyway, so I'm not surprised; I'm just glad that everything went more smoothly than you even anticipated.

I am not a huge lover of all things Star Wars, but I know Jimmy will be super excited about SWGE being open when we are at WDW in December. I'm excited to experience it with him.

The lightsaber looks higher quality than the build your own currently at WDW. On the other hand, I'd be more worried about it breaking since it doesn't collapse and it's glass(it appears).

I'm curious...how much was that and the build your own droid? PM me if you don't want to post here.
It definitely is a high quality - pretty much all metal parts. And the hilt is heavy! The blade easily snap/twists into place and is plastic. What is especially cool is the crystal determines the color of the lightsaber. I bought several others (and will probably get a couple more), so you can change out the colors. You can also buy a Holocron, where you insert the crystal and it turns that color plus gives a message from a past jedi!

The lightsaber is $200 plus tax (so around $213). No AP discounts. Crystals are $13 and do have the AP discount.

The droid is $100, also no AP discount.

So amazing!! It definitely seemed like that first time slot was the best just because you only ended up with one hour overlapping at the end. While I don't think I'd have any need for a lightsaber it seems like such a cool experience!! I may need to do one in November and then just give it to my brother for Christmas hahaha

Does every group get to do the cool "hold up the lightsaber" thing?
Yes - that is part of the spiel to lift your sabers! It really is an awesome experience!

I think I'm gonna have to do it! lol hopefully DH and I will still be on our vlogging adventure by then because I definitely think I could convince him to do it for content!

I got the chance to visit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge on opening day and it was completely amazing! Like seriously - wow!
Great! Can't wait to see it for myself. :)
Obviously - this whole thing is a big SPOILER! So, skip past if you don't want to see anything!
No way! I'm in!
The level of detail is so great and every so often you hear (and feel) a ship flying overhead).
No. Way!!!!
The ride - I loved it! I got to ride it sooo many times, in all different positions. Pilot was my favorite. Engineer wasn't half-bad. Gunner was my least favorite, though I would still do it again in a heartbeat!
Glad you liked it so much! Bodes well for the rest of us. :)
This is the cheapest Official Disneyland Hotel, but is still extremely expensive, at about $450 per night.
The least insanely expensive. Got it.
TJ1xsXL.jpg
Cute lamp, though.
I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone coming to visit Disneyland. It is way too expensive for what you get and nowhere near the quality of the WDW hotels
Good to hear. I stayed at a nearby hotel and was quite happy.
Especially my bank account.
Where is everyone???
I call this the March of the E-Bay Resellers
:laughing:
What is this – a land for ants?
You mean ants can't have fun too? Are you ants-ist?
At one point Josh D’Amaro, the President of Disneyland, made his way through the crowd, saying “hi” and taking photos.
Really!
I think my first audible “Wow” moment was coming around the corner to see Kylo’s command shuttle. I’m not even a Dark-Side person, but the scale of this was so outstanding!
Coooool!
My version of an “excited” face
:laughing:
And get excited that you are about to pilot the Millenium Falcon!

W2eUNbP.jpg
:laughing: You look pretty stoked!
Yeah… I sucked big time (normally people get in the thousands, maybe even 10,000’s. I got 100…)
Oh dear. And yet you all survived.
After the ride, I decided to check out the line for lightsabers (1 hr, which I passed on)
Unless I can slice bread with it, I ain't waiting an hour.
Cool! And... it moves and makes noises!!!
Love that. :)
Now, it was time for breakfast. I got the Bright Suns Morning (Three-Cheese Egg Bite, Pork Sausage, Purple Potato Hash, Mini Mustafarian Lava Roll). It was all very delicious and I’d highly recommend it!
Thanks for the tip! Sounds good!
Part of the queue is pretty nice because it looks out over the top of the Falcon!
I like that!
I picked up some Blue Milk, which I actually really liked! Sort of like a coconut slushy
Ugh. Nope! pkondz does not do coconut.
The marketplace – so gorgeous and so much detail!
Incredible!
I looove what this lady did to her Orange Bird!
Me too!
I need that in my life.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Wow- I'm amazed by how much you were able to do in your timeframe! It seems like the reservation system worked out really well. I hope WDW takes notes on crowd management lol.

Thanks so much for sharing all about SWGE. I'm so excited now to see it...if I can even get in..on our visit in July.

The ride - I loved it! I got to ride it sooo many times, in all different positions. Pilot was my favorite. Engineer wasn't half-bad. Gunner was my least favorite, though I would still do it again in a heartbeat!

So how much does it actually move??? I am so worried about motion sickness...but is it more of a simulation where you actually aren't moving that much? It does look super cool!

I think at some point I did buy some coke bottles – probably on my way out of the land

I need this!! Did you happen to notice if they did diet coke too or only regular coke? I'd buy it either way of course lol

Thanks so much for sharing all about SWGE. I'm so excited now to see it...if I can even get in..on our visit in July.

So how much does it actually move??? I am so worried about motion sickness...but is it more of a simulation where you actually aren't moving that much? It does look super cool!

I need this!! Did you happen to notice if they did diet coke too or only regular coke? I'd buy it either way of course lol
For the movement - it definitely does move, but it's not too bad. I've been getting motion sickness really bad recently (I usually feel ill on Star Tours and Hyperspace Mountain), but I was totally fine on this one! I think because it was so new and just paying attention to all of that. Pilot is the best position because you feel like you are in control of the ship. Engineer is the roughest, but it's not that bad. The amount of movement would be on par with Star Tours though (just a smaller "container").

They have coke, diet coke, and sprite in the little round bottles. Also bottles of Dasani in tall bottles with Arebesh lettering. I was worried there would be a big line, but all the stands moved very quickly.

I am so happy you got to experience this! I've been following a lot of coverage of the land and I gotta say yours is the most thorough I have seen. Thanks so much for sharing!

So......I think you know I'm not quite the biggest SW fan :duck: and therefore do not know what one or two things you talked about in your update are :rolleyes1 BUT, knowing how much YOU love it I'm truly happy you were there for opening day and had such a great experience! I will be taking a VIP tour of SWGE in WDW in Oct ( so of course millions will have seen it already lol) and I'm looking forward to it because I know the theming will be amazing. Plus I do know who Darth Vader is so there's that :darth:

At one point Josh D’Amaro, the President of Disneyland, made his way through the crowd, saying “hi” and taking photos.
On our way out, we ran into Josh again, so he took a photo with me and BB-531.
This is super cool!!

I liked your Galaxy's Edge post but I didn't actually look! I looked at a bit of your day on Facebook and it seemed so much fun, and your lightsaber building was just amazing! I'm so happy you had such a great experience in the land.

Loved following along with your SWGE adventures! It all looks so incredible. I was against getting a saber but now with all the glowing reviews I am changing my mind. I need to find a money tree...

Loved following along with your SWGE adventures! It all looks so incredible. I was against getting a saber but now with all the glowing reviews I am changing my mind. I need to find a money tree...
Oh I know the temptation! And so does Dina-lots of mind changing via text! First I was like-I don’t need a lightsaber or droid. Then I decided to get a lightsaber, no droid. Then both. Then just droid, no lightsaber. Then get the lightsaber later in the summer... Until the day before and I just knew I needed both!

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks so much for sharing your SWGE experience. I can’t get over how calm and civilized it was (other than apparent rampant spork theft) The reservation system was genius. I fear for what it will be like in FL without them. I am in trouble with the merchandise... I want everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!