"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

Good to know. I just read about the popcorn and was curious.
I think people who ate both flavors together liked it more.
I would absolutely love to see this!!!

So cool, great pics!
Thanks!
You also can’t miss the creature-there was always a crowd of people around him!
Wow, great nighttime photos of the land! I just love all of the details throughout! That creature shop looks so cool - the entire marketplace does! The cat with the chewed up Porg toy - gah! I NEED to visit this land soon!!
It was so cute! Apparently there are also sounds like animals chewing cables in the ceiling and at night you can see occasional sparks!

Sounds like a great evening! The land really looks awesome at night and seeing the fireworks from there seems incredible!

Very cool that you got to go into the Cantina to look around at the end of the night!

Awesome PP pics!

Just read through your first two Galaxy's Edge posts and Wow! I am super excited to experience it myself. I'm thinking that 6 am entry time in October might be worth it but I'm going to wait and see what the first reports are before deciding if I want to brave it.

Sounds like a great evening! The land really looks awesome at night and seeing the fireworks from there seems incredible!

Very cool that you got to go into the Cantina to look around at the end of the night!

Awesome PP pics!
I was excited to get in and see it!
Just read through your first two Galaxy's Edge posts and Wow! I am super excited to experience it myself. I'm thinking that 6 am entry time in October might be worth it but I'm going to wait and see what the first reports are before deciding if I want to brave it.
Yeah, you may just need to do a walk through! Promise your DH you'll wait for him to do the ride?

Time for my final SWGE experiences!

Found that droid photopass image!

4h3zwgj.jpg
Ot7IW1A.jpg

Round 3

Of course two trips wasn’t enough for me, so the three of us had ANOTHER reservation at 11am on Saturday morning. We woke up in the morning and gathered all out things.

To demonstrate how much stuff I bought – the backpacks on the left were what I arrived with (plus one of them was empty and now was full to the seams). And you can see what I left with!

FIozmRz.jpg

Our planet this time was Kessel, which made an appearance in Solo: A Star Wars Story

AOLnzoj.jpg

After checking in, Dina and I went over to DCA and got in a couple rides on Soarin over California! It was so exciting to get that version back, because it’s sooo much better than the World version!

For Galaxy’s Edge, we did our typical routine – hang out at Hungry Bear for a bit and then join the crowds queueing for the land.

We started with lunch at Docking Bay 7 – I had the Yobshrimp Noodle Salad (Chilled Shrimp, Marinated Noodles, Vegetables, Cilantro). Unfortunately I wasn’t a fan of this one. The shrimp was cooked well, but the sauce on the salad didn’t taste good to me. I know they have a kid’s version that is sweeter, so maybe I’ll give that a try one day!

XINotNe.jpg

This was also the last time I got to use the metal sporks ☹

I was still hungry since I didn’t eat most of my food, so I also picked up a Ronto Wrap to get a better taste of it than my rushed experience the previous time. It was fine, but just not my taste (though I know lots of people who did love it, so it’s up to everyone’s tastes).

Docking Bay 7 has a lot of seating! Indoors and there’s a pleasant outdoor patio, where I enjoyed sitting and listening to the sounds of Black Spire Outpost.

kJ2SKyn.jpg

I then wandered into the Toydarian Toymaker, which has all sorts of fun things. Lots of plush dolls and Star Wars games. I didn’t end up getting anything (I think I’d be interested in the Star Wars card game Sabacc, but they sell out of those the second they hit the shelves).

I loved all the details on the ceiling and walls though! You can see the Toydarian silhouette working on building more toys up at the top!

qGJwrD4.jpg
znZOYnD.jpg
pHWCxUM.jpg
t6vChFE.jpg
bM9Cjod.jpg
vCgP1h3.jpg
JKa1ABK.jpg
RJApg30.jpg
efWFHPb.jpg
SBOFRRT.jpg
ShjsUsC.jpg
bIbOYFC.jpg

I almost got this death-star game for my office, but decided not to in the end

ebJu4qh.jpg

I also checked out Black Spire Outfitters and took some more photos!

rC7fW0N.jpg
XPUHdLo.jpg
GeDDtZw.jpg
qQP2sON.jpg

Some more photos in the marketplace. It really does feel lived in!

pLyrNvZ.jpg
xHBAdyL.jpg
rOMmABD.jpg
pG41iN1.jpg

Last edited:
Time for some rides on the Falcon!

2aZCB0K.jpg
86295I7.jpg
N0ILdzW.jpg
CYe698C.jpg

I know we ended up riding 5 times that morning! Twice Standby and three times via Single Rider, which makes 10 times total in opening weekend! One time we got out of the ride and realized it was 2pm and could see the next group of travelers approaching the queue. We hopped in right ahead of them and walked right onto the ride, avoiding the 45 minute posted time once we were done! It was sort of fun!

Ywi1v4r.jpg
9FvxGa4.jpg
yGnkjcv.jpg
rk32kgd.jpg
MghpP4b.jpg

A droid door in the Single Rider queue!

4s96NQP.jpg

More details in the Chess Room

3Lt7yQ5.jpg
eINAN1D.jpg
oMmpvt0.jpg

On the ride

50LoIsY.jpg

A Hidden Mickey is on the side of the screen (eventually you will have multiple random missions, right now they are doing the same one every time).

fymI2Zd.jpg

And a pause for the Photopass photographers. Vi Moradi also stopped by; she is a rebel spy sent by Princess Leia to Batuu. There is a book coming out later this year explaining her story!

bYuzqRq.jpg

More miscellaneous photos in the land

ziBWHpT.jpg
rFez7Xl.jpg
yOVfdKT.jpg

I also started playing the games via the app. There are several things to do, like scanning barcodes on cargo containers, “hacking” transmissions or various elements in the land. And Outpost Control – there are panels all around the land (you can find them on the map), and once you are within range you can hack them on behalf of the Resistance or First Order, or yourself and collect credits (you hack by completing a simple game). Every time someone hacks a panel, that side gets points (and the panel itself lights up and makes sounds). Once a certain level is reached, that side gets control over the panel. Every 90 minutes (or once all panels have been controlled), they figure out who won control of the outpost and reset all the panels once more. It’s simple but fun and encourages you to walk around the land and see what’s going on!

You can see a panel on the wall by the exit door from Savi’s:

GX8GN5V.jpg
KZUliYN.jpg

Matt and I also went into Dok Ondors to try and track down another black crystal, but no luck (I’ve also heard enough people were going crazy for the black ones, the store managers have removed them from the shipments until Disney redesigns the packaging so you can’t see what is inside at all).

HpkGWJr.jpg

We did see something familiar…Matt wasn’t amused

0rUqOLq.jpg
cRYB7KI.jpg

Eventually we ended up splitting up. Matt and Dina left the land to do more rides. I hung around and played on the app, which included me wandering down to the Resistance area

AgiTW8A.jpg

And through the marketplace, where I saw the little lothcat was feeling a bit sick that day?

T6fCB8j.jpg

I also got some further lunch (this was around 3pm and we had first lunch at 11am), with the Meiloorun Juice from Ronto Roasters and the Fried Endorian Tip-Yip (crispy chicken, roasted vegetable potato mash, herb gravy). I thought this was very good. Like a large chicken tender on a bed of mashed potatoes with peas and carrots mixed in. I wasn’t a fan of the herb gravy so in the future I will get without that.

j9dPIfw.jpg

I ended up wandering around the land for about 1 hr after my window was up, just taking it all in (and helping the Resistance gain Outpost Control). It is just sooo beautiful! Though I finally had to go back to the real world and headed home!

Last edited:
Round 4

So, of course three visits wasn’t enough, now it was time for a 4th (and final during the reservation period) visit!

If any of you follow @AMusicLifeForMe ’s current TR, you would be familiar with this.

On the day reservations opened I happened to be in Orlando at WDW. My friend Zach was with me and somehow we ended up getting him a reservation for the second weekend. He said he wasn’t going to come. Over and over again he said he wasn’t going to book a flight. Even when they announced the start of the new Lion King show at DCA on that weekend. Even when they announced Disneyland Forever fireworks were coming back. Even when Soarin’ over California was announced. I never believed him. And a couple weeks beforehand he ended up booking a flight and hotel! Yup, I’m a horrible influence!

So on Saturday I met up with Zach and Dina at DCA. We took a ride on Soarin over California and headed over to Disneyland to check-in.

Dressel this time. Which isn’t exactly a well-known planet, and is known as just being a home of the Dressellians (who were big Rebellion/New Republic supporters).

g5ELuxf.jpg

It was definitely hotter than opening weekend, as those days really had perfect weather (not too warm or cold, not windy, just nice). And the crowd was much much bigger. Dina and I both agreed it felt like more people were allowed in during this reservation window than previously (which was rumored to be happening so Disney could get used to slowly ramping up the number of people in the land in preparation for the end of the reservation period).

mmhsKGy.jpg
QTVDgff.jpg

Zach’s priority was to Build a Droid (we gave up on the hope of visiting Oga’s Cantina), so we got in that line right away. Unfortunately it was much longer than the 10 minutes it took me (instead about 1.5 hr total)! We did tag team the line a bit while one or two of the three of us would leave the line to take care of things.

I ended up going to Dok Ondor’s because I wanted more Kyber Crystals and needed to get some stuff Matt forgot to buy the previous weekend. I had hoped to find a black crystal for him, but no luck. Instead, I got a replacement for my yellow crystal and also a new white crystal.

I just love all the details in the rocks around the land

1sx23iV.jpg

I’ll leave Zach to post his photos/video, but it was fun watching him build it. I may end up with a sibling for BB-531 and get a R-unit myself.

Then it was time for (first) dinner – I got my Meilloorun Juice from Ronto Roasters and the Braised Shaak Roast from Docking Bay 7. And unfortunately had the plastic utensils.

HQDHtWC.jpg
YImofaf.jpg
lsjgV8Y.jpg

Now, time for the Falcon. I got to be Pilot with Zach and it was fun! I love being a Pilot!

rSmXZ7F.jpg

And again via Single Rider

K71DK1p.jpg

We hopped in Standby again, which had a longer line than previously, but gave me time to really look at the details in the Repair Garage! (I attempted to play the queue game, but we moved too quickly without Fastpass slowing us down)

NC4eN02.jpg
fiWDKS9.jpg
vFawPKE.jpg
vTkVWeF.jpg
wEzvVO7.jpg
kCrBIRl.jpg

This radio plays music from Oga’s Cantina!

F0nXptL.jpg

Reusing some found objects?

ruIP3TC.jpg
p2hzdVR.jpg

The side of the vehicle being worked on

fb0gmqi.jpg

Pilot again! Dina and I were copilots and we decided we wanted to crash the Falcon. Unfortunately the rest of our group did too well and we ultimately succeeded in the mission!

CpDmhgO.jpg

One last Single Rider, for a total of 14 rides so far!

iNyIl34.jpg

And another Blue Milk, which was very refreshing on a warmer evening.

zR4Ygyi.jpg

Time for fireworks! Also, no longer a secret spot, as it was pretty packed in there!

GYGFFmy.jpg
BGwOxDU.jpg

Dina and Zach headed out and I decided to savor my last moments in the land!

Second dinner – the Kid’s Fried Endorian Tip-Yip, which is a smaller portion of the chicken, but has mac and cheese and veggies. I actually really liked this option and the veggies were yummy. I think you can sometimes switch out the mashed potatoes in the adult dish for the mac and cheese, but you have to ask nicely.

06D1i6O.jpg

I also tried the Smoke Kaadu Ribs (Sticky pork ribs, blueberry corn muffin, cabbage slaw). This wasn’t really my taste, so I didn’t eat much. At least I know for the future!

t5IpI2w.jpg

Finally I did some more wandering and playing the game for about an hour. It included some time in the Resistance area, which was so nice with the sounds of the forest and animals moving around you!

But overall, time to head out.

sBH8vhn.jpg

As obvious, I love this land! They pulled out all the stops and made a great overall experience! I can’t wait to spend even more time there over the years!

Last edited:

Enjoyed reading your first adventure into Galaxy's Edge! We went this past Friday and had a great time and loved the new land. My droid looks just like BB-531, but her name is BB-KP. And pretty cool you got both the droid and lightsaber in the one reservation time. We did droid and cantina. And then Smugglers Run 3 times.

why not?

It really does!

So does everyone take turns sitting at the chess board? Is there any issues with that?
$$$! I already spent sooo much! Maybe I will end up getting it one day though!

Most everyone who wants to take a photo with the table can. The problem is when some guests decide they are actually going to use the bench to rest and genuinely sit there. Normally they will move once you ask them to, but you do have to ask. And people know they are about to be called up to enter the cockpit, so they know to be fast about it! The CMs also make sure to yell loudly when it's time for your group - time is credits, time is credits!

Yes...Yes you are! Lol! It was totally worth it though!!!

Thank you for filming me make my droid!!! :)

Also, I’m sorry for being a successful gunner while you wanted to crash the Falcon! :D

Sadly, my only view of Disneyland Forever was from SW:GE since the show was canceled on Sunday.

Also, I’m sorry for being a successful gunner while you wanted to crash the Falcon! :D

Sadly, my only view of Disneyland Forever was from SW:GE since the show was canceled on Sunday.
But it’s a beautiful view if you just want to watch the fireworks.

$$$! I already spent sooo much! Maybe I will end up getting it one day though!
:laughing: Isn't that always the way it goes?
Most everyone who wants to take a photo with the table can. The problem is when some guests decide they are actually going to use the bench to rest and genuinely sit there. Normally they will move once you ask them to, but you do have to ask. And people know they are about to be called up to enter the cockpit, so they know to be fast about it! The CMs also make sure to yell loudly when it's time for your group - time is credits, time is credits!
Okay! Thanks!

I think it was $45 pre-discount and tax. But I had Matt with me so we could use his CM discount!

And don’t forget the porg puppets where you control their mouth and wings!
Oh, Gwen is going to have some tough decisions to make!

This was also the last time I got to use the metal sporks ☹
RIP sporks... People ruin everything.

That Ahsoka Tano doll will def be coming home with us!

And a pause for the Photopass photographers. Vi Moradi also stopped by; she is a rebel spy sent by Princess Leia to Batuu. There is a book coming out later this year explaining her story!

bYuzqRq.jpg
Great photo! You have gotten a lot of use out of that BB8 Sweater!

Somehow I missed the start of this TR, but I'm here now!

So, this way I was able to get my company to pay for my airfare, hotel for the first 4 nights, and food for those days! Much appreciated!
Yesss, I love it when it works out to make work pay for stuff! That's how I swung my very first visit to DL!

well, after I shoved people out of the way who were blocking the boarding aisle even though they had a late boarding group numbe
Ugghhh those people are the worst.

I also would have been stuck holding the phone if not for a fun purchase I made shortly before the flight: I give you the BEV LEDGE!
I may have just purchased this, thanks to your stunning review.

This time, the OI event included a meal card to give you one quick service meal, one non-alcoholic drink, and one snack before the event.
Wow that sounds like an amazing event!

Only OI meetup people were allowed on the train, so lots of people not doing the event were very confused and annoyed!
Yikes yeah that would have been a little confusing for a regular day guest, I bet.

Lesley: “I saw your.. um, today, um… your Miles”
Spiderman: “Um… My what?”
Lesley: “Oh, nevermind. I suck at this”
Spiderman: “No, no. we are going to figure this out. What were you trying to say?”
Lesley: “Um, … Spiderverse”
Spiderman: “Oh! You got introduced to my pal, Miles Morales!”
Lesley: “YES! That’s what I meant”
Spiderman: “He’s a great guy, and you must also have seen my other friends”
Lesley: “Yes, also Gwen”
Spiderman: “She’s great… ok, what about a photo” (and I can only imagine – let me get rid of this weirdo!
I love this interaction so much :rotfl2:

Oh right, you are supposed to do the opposite of the song! Thanks Kari!
Doh!

But we did get to see the Hogwarts Express go by on its above-ground tracks, which was cool!
Wow neat!

For the first time I noticed fireworks in the "skylight" above Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!
And now this is the first time that I have noticed it, as well.

I skipped you SWGE sections because I'm going next month and I'm trying to only get the information that is necessary to have a good trip but avoid spoilers about details and other stuff. I'll come back and check it out once we are done though!

Somehow I missed the start of this TR, but I'm here now!
haha-welcome!
I may have just purchased this, thanks to your stunning review.
I really needed to get commission on these babies!
Wow that sounds like an amazing event!
It was fun! Highly recommend if you are ever there at the same time!
I skipped you SWGE sections because I'm going next month and I'm trying to only get the information that is necessary to have a good trip but avoid spoilers about details and other stuff. I'll come back and check it out once we are done though!
Yup - I'd definitely be trying to avoid as many spoilers as I can! I hope ABD is able to give you some awesome experiences over there!

Yup - you ruined my experience! :P
Oh, Gwen is going to have some tough decisions to make!
Definitely! The girls will probably also appreciate all the creatures from Star Wars Rebels there!
That Ahsoka Tano doll will def be coming home with us!
Yup - I guessed as much! They had really cute stuff! (Oh and they have Ashoka's lightsabers, but the set was $200 and didn't include the blade)
Great photo! You have gotten a lot of use out of that BB8 Sweater!
It's one of my go-to hoodies! I have 3 Star Wars ones and I brought all of them - Rey for the first morning, R2-D2 for the evening, BB-8 for the next day!

No multi-quoting for me for a while, I am back to being way behind.

Thanks for sharing all of this. You have made me realize that I am not a Star Wars Fan, but a Star Wars Poser. I've been twice but I didn't know half of the stuff that you revealed in your report. Like the wrist bands. I noticed that they were all different, but I didn't get the fact that they were all different planets in the Star Wars Galaxy.

The first time we went was during previews so we had no maps, no phones, no app. I didn't even know about the Rebel Supply area so we missed that completely. Also I didn't care for the merchandise that they sold in Batuu. I wanted the stuff that said "Galaxy's Edge" on it, not Black Spire Outpost. When we were there Monday, I did end up getting that same white shirt that you did.

I wasn't all that impressed with the $14 hot dog. I won't have a picture of it for my TR since we had it on the preview day, and I probably won't be having one again. Maybe I'll "borrow" your picture, with credit given of course! :laughing: The beef looks good, our friends had it Monday night and it looked pretty tasty. The chicken thing sounded OK, but I'll try the kids portion with the Mac n Cheese and veggies. I'm not a fan of peas and carrots. I wasn't feeling well, but I won't bore your TR with that and I'll save it for mine.

I'm glad you built a Droid and a Lightsaber. Those are things that don't really appeal to me, especially for the prices. We have enough cra....errrr stuff at our house, I am quite selective about what I purchase now.

I'm not a fan of coconut, and all my friends have forced me to try the blue milk. I can smell the coconut and it tastes like it too. I'm sad because I would have liked to enjoy it, but just not happening. I'm hoping that this Sunday we get to the Cantina. I have a strategy now that I've seen the madness that is lining up at Hungry Bear! :eek:

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say, you are much more of a thrill junkie that myself! I was the pilot the first time that I rode and it was waaaaaay too much stress for me! Everyone in the car was yelling, "pull up! Pull up!" and I kept running into things, I couldn't really control the ship and I was kind of freaking out. I actually liked the Engineer position cause it was the least stressful. I read some other peoples comments that they just sat with their arms crossed and had the same experience as when they tried hard to be accurate.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!