"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

Yeah. Lauren (my sister) and I have each gotten it at Disneyland.
That stinks. I was the rebel spy and when I tried to get the shirt, they told me they only have children's shirts
:sad2:

Oh no, it was fine! And you were all the way down with the guys anyways!
So, instead of the children's table at Thanksgiving, I was at the guy's table. Not sure I'm liking the similarity :lmao:

Too bad! Guess its hard to see what happens on the other side of the restaurant! :P
Yeah, it was waaaaay down there.

A nice F&G day, even with the rain! Looking at your pictures I can't get over how, even with cloudy skies, Epcot is still beautiful during F&G. Sorry about your fireworks cruise getting rained out though! That must have been so disappointing!! But your lounge food and drinks looked good, so that must have softened the blow.

While on the way there of course, Renee happened to see Tim Tracker and his wife and screamed sooo loud! It was hilarious! She and Chad gushed all over them and took some selfies.

I wished I'd seen that! Hilarious!
(I think Su-Lynn has some cute photos, but I'm just waiting on that slacker to post them...)

LOL!!
When it got too bad, I basically had to stuff the cake in my mouth and then we made a run for it, showing up at the Odyssey as wet rats! I guess we decided to gamble on the weather and lost big time!

But you laughed and had fun!

In the Odyssey, it was pretty packed (oh and Cinderkelly was there, so my final Dismeet - #25 – happened).

Did she hork your table? ;)

ouqPxiV.jpg
As people began to move on, I decided to head back and get the Local Wildflower Honey-mascarpone Cheesecake (with orange blossom honey ice cream garnished with fennel pollen meringue kisses and petit lavender shoots) from the Honey Bee-stro; Billie and Sarah joined me. This was a yummy meal, but a bit of a logistical mistake, as it meant I never ended up catching up to the group!

I didn't try the cake, but did have everything else from there. Yummo!

This was my favorite garden of all... so aesthetically pretty. I loved it so much!

After sitting in France a while I just realized how wiped I really was! I knew everyone else was heading around the showcase (I think they were in America by then), but the heat and humidity were getting to me. So I decided – I paid a premium for a great hotel location, might as well take advantage of it! I headed back to YC to rest a bit! I wish I could have stuck it out as it looked like they all had fun, but it just wasn’t going to be pleasant for me!

I wondered where you were! I wasn't able to join late in the crawl either as I had to get Mom back to the resort to lay down.

Thankfully I got a full refund, which I sent onto the group, but it was disappointing all the same.

I was actually surprised about that refund. I thought they'd be pretty hardcore about not giving due to circumstances out of their control.

Anyways, people did end up scattering – I’m not sure exactly where everyone went. I know a group of us ended up at Ale & Compass lounge, where we got some drinks and bites. Everything was very good and I will definitely be back!

One of my favorite EPIC memories! What a great evening despite the change of plans. :)

It does look good and she's so cute with her giant pizza!

This is possible????
It's possible because they got it from the amazing Stowaway Bloody Mary at the Refreshment Port. YUM!!!

This was so disappointing!!!! I was so sad.
I know! The boats would have been so much fun!
That was a fun evening despite the rain and the canceled Illuminations Cruise!

I really liked the Parker rolls, I hope to try them again in a couple weeks!

The room service pizza was pretty yummy and how nice of Molly to share with us!
The rolls were yummy! But soft bread, melted butter, garlic - how can you go wrong?
I was literally one minute ahead of you guys…I was so mad I missed them :sad1:
Haha - I'm not a big follower of them anyways. They seemed nice enough!
If I was staying that close, I definitely would have been tempted to go back and rest too!
Yup! The benefit and temptation of Crescent Lake resorts!
All of your desserts from the booths look SO good! (The other food looks good, too, but my favorite is definitely dessert!)

It's a shame your Illuminations cruise was cancelled (stupid Florida weather!), but it looks like you all managed to have a good time anyway. Many of the small plates look quite tasty!

I've never had the room service pizza, but it's nice to know that it's good!
Same here, desserts are the best! I'd definitely consider going back to Ale & Compass for some small plates!

I don't know how the pizza is elsewhere, but at least for Yacht Club it was decent!

Your photos are so pretty! F&G is probably my favorite season at Epcot. And I love your floral shorts! Very on theme.
I do love Flower and Garden! It's why I picked the SWDAS cruise I did, since it will let me enjoy F&G afterwards!
Bummer!! I bet that would have been super fun. But it sounds like your chill evening was pretty good, too.
Yeah, the boats would have been fun, but we still got to hang out with friends!
She and I have the same "my pizza is here" face.
Haha!
How cool!!! I would have screamed, too!!!
They seemed nice enough. Maybe you'll get a chance to scream at them later this month!
Everything here looks amazing, I'm dying for that orange wine slush!
It was so good! The wine really helped cut the sweetness of the slush!
So annoying that they changed the pearls to nuts! :headache: I wonder why they would do that, especially with how popular the one last year was?
I know! Especially because they didn't even include that on the menu!
I never got that. I did get the orange slushy in the souvenir cup. They were out or had some problems when I went.
The actual orange slushy wasn't my favorite. It's too bad you couldn't try to wine version!
:laughing: Sounds like you guys had fun, despite the weather.
Yeah, just chilling with friends is always fun!
Shoot! I don't remember seeing that one, some how.
They had it there last year too. Maybe you'll get a chance to try in the future!

I am suprised Gwen didn't jump in. This was technically after your nap... We were leaving Baseline Tap house and you guys were leaving Sci-Fi.
Ah, I totally mixed up the order of photos!
Have they said anything about the "fashion show" going away once Galaxy's Edge opens up? I feel like they will have to, right?
I don't know! They did stop the march, so maybe they stopped this too? It would make sense - weird to see Chewie, Rey, and Kylo on stage when they are living in the new land!
It was a good bonding moment, right? It felt good with the heat, at least.
Haha, it was!
I wanted to try this and didn't have a chance to get it.
Too bad! Next year?
I love this pic! And sometimes I kind of wish we did this. But I have always heard the pizza is terrible.
It ended up being fine! Maybe one time do a pool day and get pizza brought in to eat poolside?
I was so bummed for you guys when the Illuminations cruises got canceled! But it definitely seems like you all made the best of it!
Yeah, gotta turn lemons into lemonade!
That stinks. I was the rebel spy and when I tried to get the shirt, they told me they only have children's shirts
I think the first time Lauren tried to get one they only had kids sizes, but we both eventually got adult sized. Though that was years ago and at Disneyland, so I don't know if they still do!
So, instead of the children's table at Thanksgiving, I was at the guy's table. Not sure I'm liking the similarity :lmao:
Haha, though the kids/guys table can sometimes be pretty fun!

A nice F&G day, even with the rain! Looking at your pictures I can't get over how, even with cloudy skies, Epcot is still beautiful during F&G. Sorry about your fireworks cruise getting rained out though! That must have been so disappointing!! But your lounge food and drinks looked good, so that must have softened the blow.
F&G is just gorgeous!
But you laughed and had fun!
Definitely!
Did she hork your table? ;)
I think we stole her table! Or well, encroached on it! I know I stole her chair!
I was actually surprised about that refund. I thought they'd be pretty hardcore about not giving due to circumstances out of their control.
I think I read TRs in the past where it was rained out and they refunded money (or offered to move to another date).

Sorry, it's so hard to find time to update this! Been pretty busy and still planning up the Asian trip!

May 5 - Day 9 – Lots of food and no parks!

Today we had some fun epicness planned!

In the morning my roomies and I finished packing up and then had our bags transferred very far away – all the way from Yacht Club to Beach Club! (We would have liked to stay in one resort, but costs and available deals encouraged us to switch. The bell services guy said he would just take the cart right over (oh and they even brought over my flowers too!)

Molly, Caroline and I shared an Uber over to the Contemporary, where it was time for brunch! Of course, we had to wait for everyone, so a hungry Billie was giving latecomers the evil eye!

krdMlOW.jpg

We were divided between two tables, both with great views of Magic Kingdom! Unfortunately it turns out the love bugs also decided to cover the Contemporary, all the way up to the roof – it was pretty gross and the outdoor areas were understandably closed off.

MJ4Bqkc.jpg
CxP74ux.jpg
Ck4u08x.jpg

A cool view of Tron construction

c4omZMo.jpg

We all started out with a “mimosa”. It’s really just champagne with fruit boba. I don’t really like champagne so didn’t really partake besides a couple sips.

ItB7Zcn.jpg
VpfMC9g.jpg

As others have mentioned, there is a self-serve buffet and you also get as many entrees as you want. Our waiter did encourage us to enjoy the buffet then decide on entrees, but there was a pretty long delay in entrees coming out, so I would probably still recommend ordering them early.

d2G6K5M.jpg

Buffet photos:

bao0gAy.jpg
njYurqS.jpg
gh1ES0m.jpg
VpRTNdZ.jpg
xxK06vr.jpg
C8dpeip.jpg
bzAaZ6z.jpg
U8uGvob.jpg

A bloody mary bar – I skipped (not a fan of Bloody Mary's)

RAKtsxn.jpg

Pastry table, plus Bourbon Baba (warm and served with bourbon orange ice cream and walnut cornflake crunch)

aJenrSe.jpg
Xj0RROm.jpg
NOnQhRl.jpg

A couple of my plates – I loved the sushi and went back for multiple servings (I think there were probably other plates that I didn’t take photos of)

OoZbqhD.jpg
giOhrk5.jpg

I got two entrees – Brie and Berries French Toast – house-made brioche, brie, berry compote, black mint, candied walnuts, and pine nuts (minus the nuts). I was not a fan of this at all. The brie and berries and sweet bread just didn’t work well together. I think some other people at the table had a couple bites and they also didn’t like it.

C7GOCV7.jpg

And the Steak and Eggs – Two eggs any style (scrambled), charred tomato barbeque, sage fingerling potatos, lime aioli. This was better, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the sauces. And the eggs were very runny.

1bLfwKl.jpg

Dessert plate at the end – the table shares it. I really liked the little cinnamon roll cookies!

4QrFFes.jpg
0qNHjv8.jpg

For my overall review of this meal – I don’t know if I’d bother doing it again. It was very expensive and for me, I didn’t really love any entrees and don’t enjoy the “mimosas” either. I did like the buffet though. And the company was fabulous. I just didn’t get as much a value from it.

AOf0dSB.jpg

Renee and I twinned for this meal!

UQMYuUK.jpg

And of course Su-Lynn had to get in and we also got photobombed by Renee’s DH!

oggzykO.jpg
b9zRTcl.jpg

More views from the top. It was great to be able to see the kinetics of the land – buses, boats, monorails, and cars coming and going. Astro-orbitor spinning. Splash mountain logs. I tried taking some time-lapse video, but it really didn’t do it justice!

eBre3uL.jpg
Bj8Ii9s.jpg
wx5cJ0M.jpg

Before we left, I went to the other side of the restaurant and realized we could see all the way to Animal Kingdom

JFn2rBl.jpg
1yEyrlI.jpg
GEP4M9K.jpg

Coming up - Checking into a new hotel and some evening fun times!

Buffet photos:

bao0gAy.jpg
njYurqS.jpg
gh1ES0m.jpg
VpRTNdZ.jpg
xxK06vr.jpg
C8dpeip.jpg
bzAaZ6z.jpg
U8uGvob.jpg

Amazing photos from the buffet!

We've been dying to get this ADR for next week, but I don't think it's going to happen. I have a feeling I would feel the same way you do: the buffet looks terrific, but none of the plated entrees stand out to me (or anyone else in my family). Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I really enjoyed the brunch, however, not a value for me either! My pancakes with the local blueberries were delicious. I loved the sushi!

I didn’t even know what entrees you had, lol!

Amazing photos from the buffet!

We've been dying to get this ADR for next week, but I don't think it's going to happen. I have a feeling I would feel the same way you do: the buffet looks terrific, but none of the plated entrees stand out to me (or anyone else in my family). Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Yeah, it's too bad you couldn't get an ADR! So weird too!
I really enjoyed the brunch, however, not a value for me either! My pancakes with the local blueberries were delicious. I loved the sushi!

I didn’t even know what entrees you had, lol!
For me, I wasn't upset about the brunch because the company was wonderful. But I wouldn't bother with the food again!

(Accidentally posted my December updates here instead of in that thread)​

Last edited:
had our bags transferred very far away – all the way from Yacht Club to Beach Club!
:laughing: So, so far!!
Of course, we had to wait for everyone, so a hungry Billie was giving latecomers the evil eye!
:laughing: Someone's hangry!
Unfortunately it turns out the love bugs also decided to cover the Contemporary, all the way up to the roof – it was pretty gross and the outdoor areas were understandably closed off.
Ew. :(
Our waiter did encourage us to enjoy the buffet then decide on entrees, but there was a pretty long delay in entrees coming out, so I would probably still recommend ordering them early.
Good tip. :)
Plus... an upcharge, I believe?
And the Steak and Eggs – Two eggs any style (scrambled), charred tomato barbeque, sage fingerling potatos, lime aioli. This was better, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the sauces. And the eggs were very runny.
Too bad. It sounded so good!
For my overall review of this meal – I don’t know if I’d bother doing it again. It was very expensive and for me, I didn’t really love any entrees and don’t enjoy the “mimosas” either. I did like the buffet though. And the company was fabulous. I just didn’t get as much a value from it.
Interesting. Most of the reviews I've read have been glowingly positive. Yours is the first I've read that has been less so.
So cute! Love that shot!

I think we stole her table! Or well, encroached on it! I know I stole her chair!

Buahahahaha! Karma. (You know I"m just kidding, right Kelly?!)

I think I read TRs in the past where it was rained out and they refunded money (or offered to move to another date).

Good to know. I'm not sure I'd do a criuse without multiple payers, but good to know.

oooh, Billie. She cracks me up so hard!!

Nom noms. I do love them!

so I would probably still recommend ordering them early.

Totally agree!
THey took forever!

Pastry table, plus Bourbon Baba (warm and served with bourbon orange ice cream and walnut cornflake crunch)

aJenrSe.jpg

Been there twice and have yet to do this.

I was not a fan of this at all.

I tried yours and it was disgusting.

Aww, such a great looking lot we are!

We all started out with a “mimosa”. It’s really just champagne with fruit boba. I don’t really like champagne so didn’t really partake besides a couple sips.

ItB7Zcn.jpg
I love champagne... Def my favorite!

But I am with you on the Bloody Marys. Blek

A couple of my plates – I loved the sushi and went back for multiple servings (I think there were probably other plates that I didn’t take photos of)

OoZbqhD.jpg
I def could eat my money's worth in sushi and champagne I think.

all the way from Yacht Club to Beach Club! (We would have liked to stay in one resort, but costs and available deals encouraged us to switch.
We did that a couple years ago. Kinda sucked moving such a short way. I think it was more having to re-pack and re-unpack.

Molly, Caroline and I shared an Uber over to the Contemporary, where it was time for brunch!
Ooooh...Cali Grill

We were divided between two tables, both with great views of Magic Kingdom! Unfortunately it turns out the love bugs also decided to cover the Contemporary, all the way up to the roof – it was pretty gross and the outdoor areas were understandably closed off.
Yeah, the love bugs were bad, but I didn't realize they were up there...makes sense I guess.
Sorry. :sad:

Good picture.

I take one of the construction every time I ride WEDway, but this is a great shot!

You and me both. I would have liked it better if it actually had OJ in it. I guess I should have ordered OJ and mixed them. Not a boba ball fan personally.

As others have mentioned, there is a self-serve buffet and you also get as many entrees as you want. Our waiter did encourage us to enjoy the buffet then decide on entrees, but there was a pretty long delay in entrees coming out, so I would probably still recommend ordering them early.
I ordered my entree immediately and then ordered 1 (maybe 2 more).

Me either. Not a tomato juice fan and the only good part about a bloody mary is the bacon! ;)

This was quite good although the guys I was with were more interested in EXTRA bourbon. ;)

I got two entrees – Brie and Berries French Toast – house-made brioche, brie, berry compote, black mint, candied walnuts, and pine nuts (minus the nuts). I was not a fan of this at all. The brie and berries and sweet bread just didn’t work well together. I think some other people at the table had a couple bites and they also didn’t like it.
Looking at the menu, it was different items than I recall back in January. I'm not a brie fan, so would have ordered without the brie. Actually, I probably would've asked if I could get just the plain french toast and get real maple syrup. Some things are better when not messed with.

Speaking of plain, I think I ordered my steak without the sauces. A good steak (mine was) doesn't need ANYTHING.
Sorry your experience wasn't so good. I can't say mine was amazing, but for the price, I was a little disappointed. I think for me, the company and the fact we could stay for a LONG time was better than the food altough my food was better than what you experienced.

UQMYuUK.jpg
Great picture. Did y'all plan on getting/wearing the same dress or just happenstance?

And of course Su-Lynn had to get in and we also got photobombed by Renee’s DH!
@chunkymonkey likes pictures? Really??? I never would've known if you hadn't told me. :rotfl2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!