"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

I think I am the only person on the planet how loved the non-alcoholic orange bird slushy.
Yeah, you're weird! :rotfl2:
:laughing: Someone's hangry!
I think she and Sarah had also gone to the parks that morning, so extra hungry!
Yeah. I even saw the CMs removing a glass of champagne from someone's table which had a lovebug perched on the side! So gross!
Plus... an upcharge, I believe?
Yeah, I think so!
Too bad. It sounded so good!
Maybe it was just me. I think Steve liked his.
Interesting. Most of the reviews I've read have been glowingly positive. Yours is the first I've read that has been less so.
Maybe other people are more exotic in their tastes and would like it more?
Totally agree!
THey took forever!
I know!
I tried yours and it was disgusting.
It was just a weird combo of flavors!
Aww, such a great looking lot we are!
:lovestruc
I love champagne... Def my favorite!
You and Andy should try to do it on an adult-only trip!
We did that a couple years ago. Kinda sucked moving such a short way. I think it was more having to re-pack and re-unpack.
Yeah. It saved hundreds of $ though, so worth it in the end!
Yeah, the love bugs were bad, but I didn't realize they were up there...makes sense I guess.
Sorry. :sad:
I can't imagine if you had a balcony up there - super gross!
You and me both. I would have liked it better if it actually had OJ in it. I guess I should have ordered OJ and mixed them. Not a boba ball fan personally.
That would have been smart!
Looking at the menu, it was different items than I recall back in January. I'm not a brie fan, so would have ordered without the brie. Actually, I probably would've asked if I could get just the plain french toast and get real maple syrup. Some things are better when not messed with.
I agree! I wonder if they would have looked down on that simple dish though?
Sorry your experience wasn't so good. I can't say mine was amazing, but for the price, I was a little disappointed. I think for me, the company and the fact we could stay for a LONG time was better than the food altough my food was better than what you experienced.
I mean, the buffet was yummy! I just wasn't a fan of the entrees.
Great picture. Did y'all plan on getting/wearing the same dress or just happenstance?
So we both already owned the dresses. And I think we both decided to wear them on that day, but we also knew ahead of time since that's the sort of thing we talked about in the facebook group! So, I knew we'd be twinning!

I really liked the Cali Grill brunch. The buffet was great and I loved that frosted flake ice cream thing (I can't remember the name).

I had the chicken and waffles for my main dish and I thought it was really good. I filled up on so much from the buffet I took the dessert to go.

Unfortunately it turns out the love bugs also decided to cover the Contemporary, all the way up to the roof – it was pretty gross and the outdoor areas were understandably closed off.
ew simba.gif

We all started out with a “mimosa”. It’s really just champagne with fruit boba. I don’t really like champagne so didn’t really partake besides a couple sips.
Okay that's definitely not a mimosa. Why would they think that's an acceptable mimosa?

so I would probably still recommend ordering them early.
Good tip! I think I'm going to try for this for our May trip (and just hide the price from my DH hahaha)

I skipped (not a fan of Bloody Mary's)
Me either!

The brie and berries and sweet bread just didn’t work well together
Oh darn! When you first described it, it sounded really good (I love a good brie) but I guess I can avoid the heartache of ordering it since it doesn't actually work very well.

Renee and I twinned for this meal!
Cute!

Before we left, I went to the other side of the restaurant and realized we could see all the way to Animal Kingdom
Whooooaaa that's crazy! I didn't realize the Contemporary was that tall!

Not that I don't do plenty of expensive things at Disney, but I was a bit put off by the cost of this brunch. Your panned review makes me feel better about skipping it. Although I'd likely love the buffet and find something I like from the entrees, I think there are other meals I'd enjoy more.

That aside, I'm glad you had a fun morning with everyone even if the value of the meal was lacking!

My Mom, like you, wasn't the biggest fan of the CG brunch either. She liked the atmosphere and the company but other than that the cost didn't really outweigh what she got out of it!

Sounds like a nice time in Epcot! It stinks that the rain cancelled your cruises but sounds like you all made the best of it!

I'm sorry brunch wasn't worth the cost, but I'm sure it helped being with such a fun group!

I really liked the Cali Grill brunch. The buffet was great and I loved that frosted flake ice cream thing (I can't remember the name).

I had the chicken and waffles for my main dish and I thought it was really good. I filled up on so much from the buffet I took the dessert to go.
Haha, that was nice though they packaged up the dessert!
Good tip! I think I'm going to try for this for our May trip (and just hide the price from my DH hahaha)
Good idea!
Whooooaaa that's crazy! I didn't realize the Contemporary was that tall!
I know! It was far off, but if you knew what you were looking for, you could see it!
Not that I don't do plenty of expensive things at Disney, but I was a bit put off by the cost of this brunch. Your panned review makes me feel better about skipping it. Although I'd likely love the buffet and find something I like from the entrees, I think there are other meals I'd enjoy more.

That aside, I'm glad you had a fun morning with everyone even if the value of the meal was lacking!
It was very expensive. But I guess if you are going to enjoy that sort of thing, it makes sense!
My Mom, like you, wasn't the biggest fan of the CG brunch either. She liked the atmosphere and the company but other than that the cost didn't really outweigh what she got out of it!
Glad to hear someone else shared my opinion!
Sounds like a nice time in Epcot! It stinks that the rain cancelled your cruises but sounds like you all made the best of it!

I'm sorry brunch wasn't worth the cost, but I'm sure it helped being with such a fun group!
Yeah, we did end up having fun together!

Glad to hear someone else shared my opinion!
Well, that's three of us. I liked it, but I didn't love it. Considering what I get at Tiffin's for 2/3 the cost, I'll take Tiffin's any day.

The buffet was just okay, so I'm not chomping at the bit to go back.

All caught up!

Bummer the illuminations cruise *** canceled, but looks like you had fun anyway!

Cali grill brunch is on my to-do list I just haven’t ever been able to fit it in.... I’ll take note on the entrees for sure, I always think I want something sweet and am always disappointed so 100% not getting the first item you ordered!

Su-lynn and I got the Lobster Tails

Those looked really good, even if pricey!!

I wish I could have stuck it out as it looked like they all had fun, but it just wasn’t going to be pleasant for me!

That's rough, but I totally get it. Sometimes you really want to stick it out but it just isn't fun anymore when you are exhausted.

As others have mentioned, there is a self-serve buffet and you also get as many entrees as you want.

That sounds amazing in theory but also like too much food. I'm sorry the entrees were disappointing, it sounds like the buffet alone but at a lower price might be a better deal!

Well, that's three of us. I liked it, but I didn't love it. Considering what I get at Tiffin's for 2/3 the cost, I'll take Tiffin's any day.

The buffet was just okay, so I'm not chomping at the bit to go back.
Totally agree! Tiffins is an every trip type of restaurant. And I like supporting how it's such a low-key place (and totally gorgeous inside)!
This meal was so good!
I'm glad you liked it! I think that shows, just different people, different opinions!
All caught up!

Bummer the illuminations cruise *** canceled, but looks like you had fun anyway!

Cali grill brunch is on my to-do list I just haven’t ever been able to fit it in.... I’ll take note on the entrees for sure, I always think I want something sweet and am always disappointed so 100% not getting the first item you ordered!
Yeah, and if you see two entrees you are sort of interested in - order them both!
That's rough, but I totally get it. Sometimes you really want to stick it out but it just isn't fun anymore when you are exhausted.
I know! That's always the way it happens!
That sounds amazing in theory but also like too much food. I'm sorry the entrees were disappointing, it sounds like the buffet alone but at a lower price might be a better deal!
Hmm, maybe! I've heard good things about The Wave too.

Day 9 - Payback is a B*, Su-Queen!

After brunch, my roomies and I hopped in a Lyft back to Beach Club. On the way there the skies opened up and an insane rainstorm blew through. Very thankful we weren't caught up in that (though I think some of the EPIC gals weren't so luck). So we basically chilled in the lobby for a while until our room became ready... and waited... and waited...
KAyGZ5c.jpg
jo620l6.gif

It took a while, but our room finally became available (we were limited in room types because we needed that third bed surface). It ended up being on the opposite side of the resort from Stormalong Bay, but it also was super close to Epcot (the pink arrow on the right side of the photo below).

Room photos:
bxhe24o.jpg
mSPfY8V.jpg
MY5jlcj.jpg
tQnAGXI.jpg
8hqAKgx.jpg
RvvBvIN.jpg
yPm8Qtl.jpg
4uh3GX0.jpg

I think in the end, all three of us agreed that we liked the Yacht Club lobby better, but the Beach Club rooms better. Maybe if we didn’t have an accessible room we would have liked YC rooms more though?

After the rain cleared up, Caroline headed out (I think to Magic Kingdom or Epcot or someplace), and Molly and I headed down to Stormalong Bay. We were able to enter right when they reopened post-storm (the CMs had a lot of cleaning up to do). I hung out in the lazy river/pool/hot tub for a bit and was hoping to soak in some sun, but honestly the love bugs really got to me! They just buzz around and land on you and around you and ugh! So eventually I retreated back to the room.
giphy.gif

Finally, it was time for more food! This time Molly and I hopped in a Minnie Van and headed to Fort Wilderness, where we got to meet up with Su-Lynn, Steve, Su-Queen, Kari, Billie, Sarah, Jackie, Ariana, Fallon, and Luke. And my first time at Hoop Dee Doo Revue!
DFaOE8t.jpg

I had to split the reservation into two tables of 6, and thankfully we were seated so close it basically was one big table.
VzaWdV1.jpg

The Menu and food
ZLvffPd.jpg
Z5KLMcm.jpg
Yor3dQA.jpg
yrDIqiH.jpg
qNVa6Zb.jpg
bf1KMOW.jpg
yuw9dv4.jpg
rMmb9Yu.jpg
orpvhS1.jpg

Of course Molly looks cute even with a bucket of ribs!
OgbekaV.jpg

Su-Queen was a bit surprised though…
JK4yQy3.jpg

We made sure to ask the waitress for mac and cheese and she said, oh, sorry – we don’t have that anymore… these were our faces.
7DNfF8f.jpg

Just kidding! Oh we all just laughed like crazy and we knew our waitress totally fit in with our group!
PjtwKTw.jpg

The result at the end
8r26OYo.jpg

Cutie salt and pepper shakers
gZSvcpx.jpg
yRNbLIE.jpg

Su-Lynn and I also realized (thanks Facebook memories) this was the 1-year anniversary of our first dismeet in Disneyland! I realized while we won't be together on our actual anniversary next year, we may meet up a couple weeks later briefly when she leaves the Disney Wonder and I hop on! Anyone know what you give as a gift for a 2-year anniversary? :P
2l7B0VO.jpg

Miscellaneous photos and video from the night

oTULX4T.jpg
JSuj0Op.jpg
TGcIaKH.jpg
rYtaCn3.jpg
YyDWM2G.jpg
nPTz1cr.png
fFs26RN.png
dQ4hdR2.jpg

sbFpAW5.jpg
txCqdXo.jpg

And dessert!

rITCKwT.jpg
0YNpti9.jpg

It was Jackie’s birthday, so she got a special callout and candle (Jackie – I didn’t include the video because all I caught was Sixpence calling out your age, so didn’t think that would be very polite to post)!

FRWy714.jpg
4qOAT8v.png
OyQItNI.png

And of course one big group photo!

0x7kKLj.jpg

The show and meal was just fabulous! I absolutely adored it and it was wonderful in the group of friends. None of us were taken on stage, but there was a big group who were in training as cruise ship performers (going to join the Magic a few days later) and one of them was called up, so he was just hilarious!

Honestly – I will gladly do this again! If I EVER get my mom and dad to come back, this will be top on the list!

After the show we said various goodbyes as some of us wouldn’t see each other again since they were leaving the next day. Molly and I considered calling a Minnie Van, but in the end most of us hopped a bus to Magic Kingdom and then bussed to our various resorts. That ended up not being the smartest idea, as the cheerleading competition had rented out Magic Kingdom that night so there was an INSANE amount of traffic coming and going!

But, we did end up with this gem and payback when Su-Queen fell asleep on the bus!

8uaiwKT.jpg

I honestly don’t even remember when we got back to Beach Club – it was probably after midnight. But rather than crash to sleep, Caroline and I had important business to attend to – it was Sunday night and that meant Game of Thrones! I had gotten my Chromecast to work so we watched on the big screen (Molly fell asleep quickly) and lots of “no – don’t kill her…” ensued.

Finally – it was time for bed. Because Molly had taken the small one during the YC stay I offered to take the small bed for BC. Unfortunately it wasn’t very comfortable (Molly said hers was, so this may have been the specific couch-bed), so that, plus the amped-up from Game of Thrones meant I didn’t sleep very well at all! Oops! Oh well, another Disney day coming up!

Coming up - Frushi awaits...

Day 9 - Payback is a B*, Su-Queen!

I am officially nominating this for best chapter title of 2019, maybe of all time!

I want to check out HDDR so bad, i keep putting it off..... however this made it sound like i should really fit it in soon! So happy it was a good time!

Room photos:
bxhe24o.jpg
mSPfY8V.jpg
MY5jlcj.jpg
tQnAGXI.jpg
8hqAKgx.jpg
RvvBvIN.jpg
yPm8Qtl.jpg
4uh3GX0.jpg

This room looks so nice!

The show and meal was just fabulous! I absolutely adored it and it was wonderful in the group of friends. None of us were taken on stage, but there was a big group who were in training as cruise ship performers (going to join the Magic a few days later) and one of them was called up, so he was just hilarious!

LOVE all the photos from HDDR!!! Sounds like you guys had another amazing and fun meal together!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter