Entering Epcot near close

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
How late can you enter Epcot if it’s closing at ten? This will be in two weeks - Sept 5-10, so I doubt capacity would be an issue.

Thinking of attempting to Uber over after ROL at AK (8:45 show) or after HEA at MK (8:30 show). Epcot closes at ten both nights, and I have an AP.

Last edited:
I once entered HS minutes before closing to replace a balloon for DS that he popped on our way to Epcot. I believe that you can enter right up until closing as people may run in just to grab something from a shop.

Until closing time. many stores are open after closing. The food places close right around closing time.

Remember that at Epcot every night at "closing time" they begin IllumiNations which
runs for another 15 minutes.
That show draws many thousands of guests who remain in WS to watch it.

I would think that we all are assuming that you have an AP or a Park Hopper and that you wouldn't waste a whole day for just a few minutes. I think the either of them would be cutting it awfully close though. I don't think that you can even make it from AK to Epcot before a 9pm closing if the ROL is at 8:45. Even the 8:30 show from MK would seem to not be doable.

I checked the September 2018 park hours and it shows Epcot as closing at 9pm that week.

I would think that we all are assuming that you have an AP or a Park Hopper and that you wouldn't waste a whole day for just a few minutes. I think the either of them would be cutting it awfully close though. I don't think that you can even make it from AK to Epcot before a 9pm closing if the ROL is at 8:45. Even the 8:30 show from MK would seem to not be doable.

I checked the September 2018 park hours and it shows Epcot as closing at 9pm that week.

Epcot closes at 10pm on Fridays & Saturdays during Food & Wine.

Epcot closes at 10pm on Fridays & Saturdays during Food & Wine.
OK, I see that I misread that list. There are the two days that they don't close until 10pm. However, even at 10pm I still think it is cutting it close if you have ever tried to get back to TTC after anything at MK or get back to the pickup area from AK's Asia where I think the RoL is located (haven't been to AK for a few years). Possible, I guess, but, iffy! Also from AK assuming Uber is waiting for them. I wouldn't try it, but, that part means nothing really. :)

I would think that we all are assuming that you have an AP or a Park Hopper and that you wouldn't waste a whole day for just a few minutes.
The OP states owning an AP.
And, the whole plan is just to be able to "enter" the Epcot gates.
I’m hoping to hop in just to count an entry day toward the F&W passholder cutting board :)

AP holders must "visit" Epcot FOUR times during F&W in order to
get a free Mickey cutting board.

Last edited:
The OP states owning an AP.
And, the whole plan is just to be able to "enter" the Epcot gates.
Sorry, I don't remember seeing that in the original post. I just checked it and it is there now and might have been in the beginning, however, I also noticed that the post was just edited this morning at 6am. It might have been changed then or I might just have missed it. Either one is possible and either one is fine with me.

My knowledge of the Choke and Puke festival is very limited as I have never been and don't see it anywhere in my future, so I will just back out of the discussion now. Sorry for the disruption.

AP holders must "visit" Epcot FOUR times during F&W in order to
get a free Mickey cutting board.
Just curious... can you go in the morning, leave and comeback later and have it count as two "visits" or go in, walk out, walk back in 4 times and still qualify or do you have to attend 4 separate days/nights?

Oops... said I was going to back out, but, the curiosity got the better of me. So sorry!

Just curious... can you go in the morning, leave and comeback later and have it count as two "visits" or go in, walk out, walk back in 4 times and still qualify or do you have to attend 4 separate days/nights?

Only one admission per day counts.:)

Sorry, I don't remember seeing that in the original post. I just checked it and it is there now and might have been in the beginning, however, I also noticed that the post was just edited this morning at 6am. It might have been changed then or I might just have missed it. Either one is possible and either one is fine with me.

My knowledge of the Choke and Puke festival is very limited as I have never been and don't see it anywhere in my future, so I will just back out of the discussion now. Sorry for the disruption.

I did edit my post this morning to make it even more clear, yes. However, I stated within the thread discussion that I was entering solely to get a fourth “visit” to Epcot to claim my passholder gift.

I’m going to attempt to Uber from AK over to BC to make it into Epcot. The worst that happens is I don’t make it and then get ice cream from Ample Hills.

Side note - I highly recommend Food and Wine, although I like the added value of the topiaries at Flower/Garden a bit more. Also excited to try Festival of the Arts in January! :)

Last edited:
So to be clear, you just have to have entered EPCOT 4 different days, and you don't have to "visit" anything (that is, until you actually want the cutting board), correct? I'm doing a week long trip and I just saw this and thought that I can definitely make that happen for a couple nice Disney cutting boards :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter