Entry at Monorail

Rich M

DIS Veteran
I saw someone suggested going in at Monorail and activating your park ticket to start max passes and then walking to the park you want to go too. So tomorrow our flight gets in at 11 am. I am planning to park at DTD and go to the monorail and activate our tickets and then go check in to our room. Is this possible if it’s your first day in the park? Anyone know if they give any free time still at the parking at DTD?

Not sure about the DTD parking. But you can scan in at the monorail entrance. I've seen people take their pics there.

So basically it will cost me $14 if I am only there for an hour?
If you can be done in 15 minutes, it will be free. If you can be done in 45 minutes, it should cost $7. For one hour, $14. So you might be better off buying a $20 gift card (e.g. Disney at WOD or maybe Pin Traders, Starbucks, Jamba, etc.) which you know you will use during your DLR stay anyway and using that receipt to cover up to 3 hours validation. Then you could look around a bit and relax in case of any delays.

If you can be done in 15 minutes, it will be free. If you can be done in 45 minutes, it should cost $7. For one hour, $14. So you might be better off buying a $20 gift card (e.g. Disney at WOD or maybe Pin Traders, Starbucks, Jamba, etc.) which you know you will use during your DLR stay anyway and using that receipt to cover up to 3 hours validation. Then you could look around a bit and relax in case of any delays.

Wow. I was just about to ask if that was ok to do lol. Thank you all

I saw someone suggested going in at Monorail and activating your park ticket to start max passes and then walking to the park you want to go too. So tomorrow our flight gets in at 11 am. I am planning to park at DTD and go to the monorail and activate our tickets and then go check in to our room. Is this possible if it’s your first day in the park? Anyone know if they give any free time still at the parking at DTD?

My daughter (who goes to a local university) used to use DTD parking for her brief jaunts...now she has an AP with parking. Most of her friends just get a ride though so they don’t have to pay for parking or sometimes they all chip in in an Uber. I guess there must be more open slots in DTD now.

Last edited:
My daughter (who goes to a local university) used to use DTD parking for her brief jaunts...now she has an AP with parking. Most of her friends just get a ride though so they don’t have to pay for parking or sometimes they all chip in in an Uber. I guess there must be more open slots in DTD now.
These are major reasons the DTD parking rules were changed. The DTD lots state clearly that they are not to be used for parking for the parks (even though so many people ignored the signs). And Uber drivers were just hanging out, even napping, in the lot waiting to be called. These were cars taking up spots with drivers and passengers who, for the most part, weren't buying anything at all in DTD. It became a big problem. Now there is a designated drop off/pick up spot, but drivers cannot just hang out in the lot for hours. And if guests want to use the lot for the parks, at least they have to buy something in DTD.

They've closed off a section of the DTD lot to build the walkway bridge from the new garage, so it can still be difficult to find spaces later in the day.

It worked great. We parked got to DTD and went to monorail and scanned in. Got Radiator Spring FP. We then bought the Mickey Graduation gap for our College graduate. The did close down the parking lot we were in right as we were leaving. We just wanted to get scanned in so we could go to Target and lunch and then get our room. Please have mercy on the judgment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!