EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was hoping for a chocolate milk consistency, that is not. It's melted chocolate consistency...what I think is that he should've checked first, it is very thick and obviously sweet, definitely a shareable flight

BTW if you're looking for more food reviews mrcheezypop on youtube has 2 videos of when he came. He is actually based out of Disneyland, if you can get over his vblogging style it's quite informative.
I don't base my decision to try anything at the parks, be it food, attractions, shows, on reviews, but I know some people like looking at these

Now that it has began, can anyone absolutely confirm that the Figment Hunt end prize is really just a coloring book?

Now that it has began, can anyone absolutely confirm that the Figment Hunt end prize is really just a coloring book?
Yes. I saw the in a vlog. Looks like there are 2-3 to choose from. I have yet to see anyone buy it though. Everyone has passed after finding out what the prize is.

I personally don’t understand wanting to pay $8 for cups of melted chocolate but that’s just me

I assume it is similar to the Ghirardelli "drinking" chocolate sold at their F & W Festival Store inside the Festival Center each fall. If so, it's rich and very thick, sold in tiny plastic cups, but rich and good. They don't have a flight, though. Have to be a chocolate fan to like it. I will compare at the end of next week.

I assume it is similar to the Ghirardelli "drinking" chocolate sold at their F & W Festival Store inside the Festival Center each fall. If so, it's rich and very thick, sold in tiny plastic cups, but rich and good. They don't have a flight, though. Have to be a chocolate fan to like it. I will compare at the end of next week.
I wouldn’t be a fan of it and that’s fine. Everyone likes different things. Some of my things to try are the churros, chocolate painting, brie with bread bowl, red white blue slushee, painters palette cookie

Dh wants to try the ribs and sushi donut

Really? I've had local friends and like every blogger I follow raving about the Chocolate Sipping Flight!

Yeah...I lost a lot of respect for/trust in what that guy with all the inaccuracies he had in his vlog from the Marvel Day at Sea cruise.

Unless it's changed, it's one of the few gluten-free things and that in and of itself makes it a winner in my book.

Yeah...I lost a lot of respect for/trust in what that guy with all the inaccuracies he had in his vlog from the Marvel Day at Sea cruise.

Unless it's changed, it's one of the few gluten-free things and that in and of itself makes it a winner in my book.
Who Tim tracker?

Who Tim tracker?

Yep. Lots of inaccuracies about the cabins to start. I quit watching after too many of those. You'd think if you were going to be hosted by a cruise line you'd take the time to get info correct. (Well, actually beginning with they are cruise ships and not "boats".)

Yep. Lots of inaccuracies about the cabins to start. I quit watching after too many of those. You'd think if you were going to be hosted by a cruise line you'd take the time to get info correct. (Well, actually beginning with they are cruise ships and not "boats".)
I absolutely love Tim tracker. I’ve never been on a cruise either and the whole time Dh and I watched we called it a boat. I do think he could’ve looked more info up but they purposely don’t look things up before trips because they like to be surprised. Their Tokyo trip was kind of crazy because they didn’t even look up which rides would be closed. I may not agree with their practices but I still love how positive and fun they are

I absolutely love Tim tracker. I’ve never been on a cruise either and the whole time Dh and I watched we called it a boat. I do think he could’ve looked more info up but they purposely don’t look things up before trips because they like to be surprised. Their Tokyo trip was kind of crazy because they didn’t even look up which rides would be closed. I may not agree with their practices but I still love how positive and fun they are

There's positive and fun, but then there is giving out inaccurate information - number of people a stateroom holds, etc. (You're not getting 6 in unless you book a suite, which they definitely were not in.) You can look up basic information such as the number of people staterooms accommodate without spoiling anything.)

Someone also mentioned candle pouring. Where was that located?

Wanted to mention that this was at a booth with the same candles sold at the CoOp at Disney Springs - and they do the same candle project at the CoOp as well. So not festival unique, but perhaps more convenient for someone not visiting Disney Springs.

I love this festival but agree the art was not as diverse this year - most of the Disney art were the same items found year-round at Art of Disney (though the artists on site was a huge bonus!) or stores at Disney Springs that just set up booths.

I did like that they moved the sidewalk chalk art to a more central location this year!

My husband and I found another YouTube channel with food reviews from the festival called WDW Couple. They don’t have a ton of subscribers but their videos are super informative and they give thorough reviews. Thought I’d throw it out there for people looking for reviews. I’m gluten free so there’s also a blogger called Fairytale Foodie who did a good gf review too where she talks about some items that aren’t labeled gf but can be modified as such.

I apologize if someone has already asked this, but I noticed in December that the food booths for Festival of the Holidays didn't open until 12p, as opposed to 11a during Food & Wine Festival. Has anyone been and can confirm what time the booths open for Festival of the Arts? Thanks!!

I’ve seen people talking about the marbled silk scarves you can make, and I think I saw something on the Dis IG Stories about a tie dye T-shirt booth. Has anyone done that? About how long does it take? I’d love to come home with a unique souvenir from this trip, especially if it features Figment! EPCOT has always been my fave park, and the OG version of Journey into Imagination was my fave ride (listening to the theme song now makes me tear up.)

I’ve seen people talking about the marbled silk scarves you can make, and I think I saw something on the Dis IG Stories about a tie dye T-shirt booth. Has anyone done that? About how long does it take? I’d love to come home with a unique souvenir from this trip, especially if it features Figment! EPCOT has always been my fave park, and the OG version of Journey into Imagination was my fave ride (listening to the theme song now makes me tear up.)
not tie dye but they do have a t shirt screen printed option. You choose your t shirt style, graphics, black and white or color and they print it for you. This story is from 2018, this years it's located inside the Odyssey bldg. Not sure how long it takes
The artistic marbling experience takes about 15 min. If they are backed up you can reserve a time to do it, first day of the festival they were book solid all day

https://chipandco.com/new-custom-screen-printed-t-shirts-offered-epcot-festival-arts-294352/

I apologize if someone has already asked this, but I noticed in December that the food booths for Festival of the Holidays didn't open until 12p, as opposed to 11a during Food & Wine Festival. Has anyone been and can confirm what time the booths open for Festival of the Arts? Thanks!!
it's supposed to be 11am, but sometimes they run a bit late, especially the booths deeper in World Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter