EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MickleSt, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Lisa F

Lisa F is a very wise woman

Following along. We are planning to be there late January - they moved the start date forward a week but opening day is the 18th which is our planned "all day epcot" day. I haven't been to a festival in years but I LOVE art and hoping to try out some of the food booths as well.. The new holiday food booths include some "kid approved" selections that seem a little less out there and a little more accessible, hoping that myself and picky kid can try things around the world. Otherwise we'll just share things and let him have a bite. Doing the DDP for the first half of the trip so we'll have snacks to burn. Excited to try it all out!

queenvee and MickleSt like this.
  2. Tramp&TheLady

Tramp&TheLady Mouseketeer

we were there the last two years for this event. the first year we had an absolutely amazing time with it. but last year was a bit of a disappointment TBH. most of the food booths had the exact same items as the year before (like literally no change at all).
    hoping they can change it up this year for those going!

MickleSt likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MickleSt

MickleSt Earning My Ears

That info is from last year, by the way. The upcoming info has yet to be released. :)

Dug720 likes this.
  5. Lovinallthingsdisney

Lovinallthingsdisney Mouseketeer

We are booked Feb 8-14. We have been to Flower and Garden and Food and Wine both several times, but never to this one. I am looking forward to the Broadway concert list to see if I can convince my hubby to attend a show.

6. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

Glad I'm not going crazy in not seeing it! :)

MickleSt likes this.
  7. marij

marij Earning My Ears

Never noticed that but it looks like you're right. I'm going to be really miffed if they come up with a seminar I'd like to take on a day I cannot re-do my ADRs!

Araminta18 and MickleSt like this.
  8. MickleSt

MickleSt Earning My Ears

I know, right? Well, we only have one ADR for Epcot on our sched, and that's an hour before IllumiNations, so I think we're safe. We have been considering an EMH day and the better part of a regular day for IFOA 2019, but that could all change depending on the seminars and workshops. As for food at EPCOT, we plan to just sample, sample, sample all the special creations we can along the way.

9. marij

marij Earning My Ears

Looks like they are finally starting to do something. Disney has finally changed their 2018 Festival of the Arts page to 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts: Seminars and Workshops but the seminars listed are still last years (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...onal-festival-of-the-arts-seminars-workshops/). I know it's the Canadian site but I'm in Canada and they don't seem to have that page on the US site yet.

10. Colgal77

Colgal77 Mouseketeer

11. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

So excited for Adam Jacobs and Heidi Blickenstaff !! Saw both during our one and only trip to NYC, Jacobs in Aladdin and Blickenstaff in Something Rotten. Oh my Gosh to watch Jacobs sing Proud of your Boy will be a special treat for sure

MickleSt and reluctantredhead like this.
  12. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

The food they mentioned sounds really good. I can't wait!

13. lovethattink

lovethattink TPAS Moderator Moderator

My family is super excited for this festival!

bobbiwoz likes this.
  14. reluctantredhead

reluctantredhead Mouseketeer

I am so bummed we won't get to see them! We also saw Heidi in Something Rotten and she (and the entire show) were absolutely incredible...and we saw Adam Jacobs years ago in the national tour of Les Mis, and after his first solo song I turned to my husband and whispered, "That guy is gonna be a big star." He and his sister Arielle are sooo talented...saw her as Gabriella in the national tour of HSM several years ago too.

Would've loved to have seen Kerry Butler too...have seen her live in Mean Girls and Disaster in NYC. Who am I kidding? I wish I could be there to see them all!!!

Excited that for our dates we'll be able to see four people though...Kissy Simmons, Alton Fitzgerald White, Ashley Brown, and Josh Strickland. :cheer2:

MickleSt likes this.
  15. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

those 4 are absolutely incredible, they have come since the first year of the festival. Love Kissy and Alton doing Lion King songs

16. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

Sad I’m not going to see Kerry Butler (double sad because she’ll be there on my original dates). Saw Kerry in Little Shop and am obsessed with Bat Boy and Xanadu.

I’ll have to some research on the Jacobs performers as I don’t know much about them. They’re performing on Feb 1, my Epcot day.

MickleSt likes this.
  17. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  18. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Last year....they were so good. We thoroughly enjoyed them!

A3E14557-C557-42B9-9473-68C208398EA0.jpeg

yulilin3 likes this.
  19. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

YAAAAAASSSSSSS QUEEN!! Sooo excited that Ashley and Josh are there my one day before my cruise!! Forget Illuminations viewing from R&C!! I’m doing a Dining Package for SURE!!

MickleSt likes this.
  20. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Dude, totally waited to book until these were announced. Super excited! I want to see both Heidi and Gavin, and Ashley and Josh. Though I do think it's interesting they didn't pair Gavin and Ashley, reunite the original Mary Poppins pair, especially since their days overlap a bit. Still, SUPER EXCITED! :) Do they do AP wristbands for these concerts?

21. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Me too! I would love to do the Paige O'Hara workshop and got all excited only to realize that's last year's info. :(