EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MickleSt, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Dr.Mickey

Dr.Mickey DIS Veteran

We loved the festival last year. Here are our thoughts:

We certainly didn’t need a reserved seat for the Broadway concert on a Sunday...it was maybe half full. And it was fantastic!

We liked it much more than F&W. It was much more relaxed, with WAY less over-consumption of alcohol.

The art exhibits (both for show and for sale) added so much to a day at Epcot for these long time disney veterans.

Overall, it is a wonderful, low-key, low-stress day.

2. JoJoGirl

JoJoGirl Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="Dr.Mickey, post: 59950640, member: 3436"We certainly didn’t need a reserved seat for the Broadway concert on a Sunday...it was maybe half full. And it was fantastic![/QUOTE]

Good to hear this! What has been everyone’s experience with attending the Broadway concerts without a dining package?

We have a Rose & Crown package booked, but would much rather try Monsieur Paul, which doesn’t offer the package. I’ve always found the packages to be a great help for Candlelight Processional, Garden Rocks, and Eat to the Beat (F&W). Would we be safe to go without one this time?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

Good to hear this! What has been everyone’s experience with attending the Broadway concerts without a dining package?

We have a Rose & Crown package booked, but would much rather try Monsieur Paul, which doesn’t offer the package. I’ve always found the packages to be a great help for Candlelight Processional, Garden Rocks, and Eat to the Beat (F&W). Would we be safe to go without one this time?[/QUOTE]
    I attended all the concerts this year and none of them were completely full. I arrived about 45 minutes before just to make sure I had a seat

JoJoGirl likes this.
  5. Lisa F

Lisa F is a very wise woman

I would not eat somewhere I didn't want to, but we are going on opening Friday (the previous year it opened a week earlier so I was taken by surprise that our planned Friday is opening day) and I already had garden grill PPO booked and was able to convert it to the package, so traveling solo with a kid on the spectrum the more I can control the better... for $11 more per person I'm going for it. If it were just a couple of adults I might still convert an existing ADR but I would not go somewhere I didn't want to go, I'd just deal with going there earlier to get a seat.

6. Lisa F

Lisa F is a very wise woman

So does anyone know if there are any programs that are age appropriate for myself and my 10 year old? offloading him for an adult program won't work :)

7. Disnsyncey

Disnsyncey Disney Princess

Well both sets are awesome.....I wanna see Adam so badly! But I don't know how A Whole New World will seem with a brother and sister doing it? But then the fun factor might be upped with a brother and sister team.....Gavin Lee might be amazing too, I have listened to the Mary Poppins cast recording a TON....I don't know much about Heidi though...

8. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

They may well NOT do that song. There are other songs they can do - at least as of the first preview (I've not been back since) both Aladdin and Jasmine had solos that could be done.

9. Disnsyncey

Disnsyncey Disney Princess

I would be so sad if they didn't though! So, both sides of the same problem hahaha

10. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

Do they have a pass holder line for the concerts like they did for F&W?

11. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

The past years you could get wrist bands first come first serve I didn’t see them doing this for F&W though this year unless they were already sold out or were distributed somewhere other then where magnets/ cutting boards were

12. Frankiemack

Frankiemack Mouseketeer

I'm doing a quick 4 day Daddy/DD10 trip opening weekend. Sunday through Wednesday, (1/20 to 1/23) I'm trying to debate if EP needs to be Sunday or Monday to enjoy the FOA or if we could enjoy on any day? Worried about MLK weekend/opening weekend crowds being a little hectic. Any opinions?

13. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

This year the Broadway Singers expanded to 7 days I’m sure other activities have too

14. ErinBoBerin

ErinBoBerin Never grow up

Anyone know if the workshops are on sale yet?

15. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

They did ap wristbands during F&W but only for the month of September, they were distributed inside the American Adventure pavilion

16. Amunet

Amunet DIS Veteran

Where would you go to sign up for them?

17. MickleSt

MickleSt Mouseketeer

The My Disney Experience should let you make a booking for them. But they haven't been announced as yet.

18. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

I'm waiting to plan out my days until the seminars are announced....come on Disney!

MickleSt likes this.
  19. marij

marij Earning My Ears

Would be nice if you could but in the past you've always had to call the order in once they are announced -- which should be soon. From what the DIS site says the workshops will only be Fridays to Mondays, not all week like last year, and the Paint with a Disney Artist will be on select Fridays and Sundays which is an increase from last year.

MickleSt likes this.
  20. Amunet

Amunet DIS Veteran

Where exactly would the information for these experiences be listed? Would there be a link from the General festival page on WDW's site? Would other blog websites leak the info prior?

This is the first time I've been keen on experiencing more than just wandering around and eating food. I'm still going to eat the food though ...

21. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

I guess I did not plan my trip well. I am arriving on a Sunday so I hope there is a good workshop on that Monday.