EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following along. We are planning to be there late January - they moved the start date forward a week but opening day is the 18th which is our planned "all day epcot" day. I haven't been to a festival in years but I LOVE art and hoping to try out some of the food booths as well.. The new holiday food booths include some "kid approved" selections that seem a little less out there and a little more accessible, hoping that myself and picky kid can try things around the world. Otherwise we'll just share things and let him have a bite. Doing the DDP for the first half of the trip so we'll have snacks to burn. Excited to try it all out!

we were there the last two years for this event. the first year we had an absolutely amazing time with it. but last year was a bit of a disappointment TBH. most of the food booths had the exact same items as the year before (like literally no change at all).
hoping they can change it up this year for those going!

On the Disney site on the dining page under the Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/epcot/broadway-concert-series-dining-package/) it says you can begin making reservations on October 25. You do realize that you have to pay for these reservations since meals at the designated restaurants are one table service credit, but meals with the dining package are two table service credits. Interesting, its only showing this on the Canadian site not the American site.
That info is from last year, by the way. The upcoming info has yet to be released. :)

We are booked Feb 8-14. We have been to Flower and Garden and Food and Wine both several times, but never to this one. I am looking forward to the Broadway concert list to see if I can convince my hubby to attend a show.

I know, right? Well, we only have one ADR for Epcot on our sched, and that's an hour before IllumiNations, so I think we're safe. We have been considering an EMH day and the better part of a regular day for IFOA 2019, but that could all change depending on the seminars and workshops. As for food at EPCOT, we plan to just sample, sample, sample all the special creations we can along the way.

So excited for Adam Jacobs and Heidi Blickenstaff !! Saw both during our one and only trip to NYC, Jacobs in Aladdin and Blickenstaff in Something Rotten. Oh my Gosh to watch Jacobs sing Proud of your Boy will be a special treat for sure

So excited for Adam Jacobs and Heidi Blickenstaff !! Saw both during our one and only trip to NYC, Jacobs in Aladdin and Blickenstaff in Something Rotten. Oh my Gosh to watch Jacobs sing Proud of your Boy will be a special treat for sure
I am so bummed we won't get to see them! We also saw Heidi in Something Rotten and she (and the entire show) were absolutely incredible...and we saw Adam Jacobs years ago in the national tour of Les Mis, and after his first solo song I turned to my husband and whispered, "That guy is gonna be a big star." He and his sister Arielle are sooo talented...saw her as Gabriella in the national tour of HSM several years ago too.

Would've loved to have seen Kerry Butler too...have seen her live in Mean Girls and Disaster in NYC. Who am I kidding? I wish I could be there to see them all!!!

Excited that for our dates we'll be able to see four people though...Kissy Simmons, Alton Fitzgerald White, Ashley Brown, and Josh Strickland. :cheer2:

I am so bummed we won't get to see them! We also saw Heidi in Something Rotten and she (and the entire show) were absolutely incredible...and we saw Adam Jacobs years ago in the national tour of Les Mis, and after his first solo song I turned to my husband and whispered, "That guy is gonna be a big star." He and his sister Arielle are sooo talented...saw her as Gabriella in the national tour of HSM several years ago too.

Would've loved to have seen Kerry Butler too...have seen her live in Mean Girls and Disaster in NYC. Who am I kidding? I wish I could be there to see them all!!!

Excited that for our dates we'll be able to see four people though...Kissy Simmons, Alton Fitzgerald White, Ashley Brown, and Josh Strickland. :cheer2:
those 4 are absolutely incredible, they have come since the first year of the festival. Love Kissy and Alton doing Lion King songs

Sad I’m not going to see Kerry Butler (double sad because she’ll be there on my original dates). Saw Kerry in Little Shop and am obsessed with Bat Boy and Xanadu.

I’ll have to some research on the Jacobs performers as I don’t know much about them. They’re performing on Feb 1, my Epcot day.

YAAAAAASSSSSSS QUEEN!! Sooo excited that Ashley and Josh are there my one day before my cruise!! Forget Illuminations viewing from R&C!! I’m doing a Dining Package for SURE!!

Dude, totally waited to book until these were announced. Super excited! I want to see both Heidi and Gavin, and Ashley and Josh. Though I do think it's interesting they didn't pair Gavin and Ashley, reunite the original Mary Poppins pair, especially since their days overlap a bit. Still, SUPER EXCITED! :) Do they do AP wristbands for these concerts?

Never noticed that but it looks like you're right. I'm going to be really miffed if they come up with a seminar I'd like to take on a day I cannot re-do my ADRs!

Me too! I would love to do the Paige O'Hara workshop and got all excited only to realize that's last year's info. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!