EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, totally waited to book until these were announced. Super excited! I want to see both Heidi and Gavin, and Ashley and Josh. Though I do think it's interesting they didn't pair Gavin and Ashley, reunite the original Mary Poppins pair, especially since their days overlap a bit. Still, SUPER EXCITED! :) Do they do AP wristbands for these concerts?
They did this year

Thank you!

We will be there for

• Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
  • Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
That's who I will be there for. not sure which one I should do

That's who I will be there for. not sure which one I should do

Why not both? Each group will most likely do different songs.

If you were only picking one, I'd probably go Heidi and Gavin - but I've not been the biggest fan of any of the Aladdin performers, so that enters into my assessment.

Has anyone watched 2 performances of the same performers on different nights? I wonder if it'll be worth it watching a show on both of my EPCOT days even if it the same performers...It would be nice if they switched

Has anyone watched 2 performances of the same performers on different nights? I wonder if it'll be worth it watching a show on both of my EPCOT days even if it the same performers...It would be nice if they switched
I've watched the same performers and they have had the exact same set every time. I mean in one day all three shows have been the same and weekend to weekend as well, not sure if it will change for next year

I've watched the same performers and they have had the exact same set every time. I mean in one day all three shows have been the same and weekend to weekend as well, not sure if it will change for next year

Thanks for this info! I was hoping it would be more like Voices of Liberty with different sets for each performance... but I'm still super excited to finally be able to catch a show this time around!

For those with spouses immune to Theme Parks, did this event prove a good thing for them? I'm traveling with someone who is most interested in EPCOT (after Harry Potter at Universal, but that's another story).

We visited WDW for our Anniversary last January and basically by accident stumbled upon Arts Fest on our last park day. We had planned on enjoying World Showcase without the kids. I am a go-go-go ride every ride as many times as you can type of person. My wife likes rides but is much more of a laid back enjoy the scenery type of person. We both absolutely loved Arts Fest as an enhancement to the World Showcase experience. We had both been to Epcot during Food and Wine and Flower and Garden. We found Arts Fest to be a bit different experience but right on par with both from an enjoyment level. Lots of cool art to look at and there were a lot of artists there in person that you could meet. The tents got a little busy but everything was spread out nicely and we enjoyed the food and beverage carts. World Showcase is great on it's own but we both found that Arts Fest made it a lot better.

One thing we didn't partake in was the Broadway show so we are looking forward to checking that out this year.

Thanks for this info! I was hoping it would be more like Voices of Liberty with different sets for each performance... but I'm still super excited to finally be able to catch a show this time around!

I think the difference is with these concerts they mainly do music from the show(s) they are associated with rather than general Disney music. Josh did do something from Newsies last year - probably because his primary association with Disney on Broadway is Tarzan. Ashley pulled from Mary Poppins and Beauty and the Beast.

Edit to add: Ashley also did the "On The Record" tour for a little, so she has that repertoire as well.

Last edited:
Concert Dining Plans open for reservations on Friday November 8.
I'm wondering if that's when they'll start announcing the seminars and workshops.
Looks like we'll be seeing the Jacobses on Feb. 5. (I love Heidi B., so a little bummed we won't be seeing her, but we've enjoyed her work on Broadway!)

Sad I’m not going to see Kerry Butler (double sad because she’ll be there on my original dates). Saw Kerry in Little Shop and am obsessed with Bat Boy and Xanadu.

I’ll have to some research on the Jacobs performers as I don’t know much about them. They’re performing on Feb 1, my Epcot day.

The Jacobses are on our day as well, Feb. 5. Could not agree more about Kerry Butler. She can do no wrong. Brilliant in Xanadu!!

Concert Dining Plans open for reservations on Friday November 8.
I'm wondering if that's when they'll start announcing the seminars and workshops.
Looks like we'll be seeing the Jacobses on Feb. 5. (I love Heidi B., so a little bummed we won't be seeing her, but we've enjoyed her work on Broadway!)

I’m surprised that the dining packages are only being offered at five restaurants so far: Akershus, Biergarten, Rose & Crown, Coral Reef, and Garden Grill. Hopefully more will be listed by the 8th.

Also looking forward to the listings of seminars and workshops. We won’t be there until February 7th, but I’m sure those arriving earlier would love to have their events chosen and scheduled before making their fast passes. That 60-day mark is approaching quickly now!

I’m surprised that the dining packages are only being offered at five restaurants so far: Akershus, Biergarten, Rose & Crown, Coral Reef, and Garden Grill. Hopefully more will be listed by the 8th.

Also looking forward to the listings of seminars and workshops. We won’t be there until February 7th, but I’m sure those arriving earlier would love to have their events chosen and scheduled before making their fast passes. That 60-day mark is approaching quickly now!

I'm pretty sure those are all that had the package last year...

It suddenly occurred to me that I can further cut down on my AK day so that I can see two different sets of performers. Trying to decide if I should do that, as I've hit AK pretty thoroughly over the last year. All I really want to see is ROL and the Tree of Life show, which I haven't seen yet.

Am I correct in my understanding that each group of performers typically sings a different set of Disney songs? I would have the option to see both the Jacobses and Heidi. I likely wouldn't bother unless the sets were different.

Also, are the concerts typically 45 minutes?

It suddenly occurred to me that I can further cut down on my AK day so that I can see two different sets of performers. Trying to decide if I should do that, as I've hit AK pretty thoroughly over the last year. All I really want to see is ROL and the Tree of Life show, which I haven't seen yet.

Am I correct in my understanding that each group of performers typically sings a different set of Disney songs? I would have the option to see both the Jacobses and Heidi. I likely wouldn't bother unless the sets were different.

Also, are the concerts typically 45 minutes?
Each set of performers sing the same songs each set, but different sets per duo. The sets are actually around 25 to 30 minutes

So what are the chances of seeing the concerts without the dining package? I don’t really want to redo our ADRs.

So what are the chances of seeing the concerts without the dining package? I don’t really want to redo our ADRs.
Good.... if for some chance you can’t physically get in you can hear things just as good standing just outside the venue

Anyone do any of these workshops/seminars/painting with a Disney artist in past years? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!