EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We loved the festival last year. Here are our thoughts:

We certainly didn’t need a reserved seat for the Broadway concert on a Sunday...it was maybe half full. And it was fantastic!

We liked it much more than F&W. It was much more relaxed, with WAY less over-consumption of alcohol.

The art exhibits (both for show and for sale) added so much to a day at Epcot for these long time disney veterans.

Overall, it is a wonderful, low-key, low-stress day.

[QUOTE="Dr.Mickey, post: 59950640, member: 3436"We certainly didn’t need a reserved seat for the Broadway concert on a Sunday...it was maybe half full. And it was fantastic![/QUOTE]

Good to hear this! What has been everyone’s experience with attending the Broadway concerts without a dining package?

We have a Rose & Crown package booked, but would much rather try Monsieur Paul, which doesn’t offer the package. I’ve always found the packages to be a great help for Candlelight Processional, Garden Rocks, and Eat to the Beat (F&W). Would we be safe to go without one this time?

[QUOTE="Dr.Mickey, post: 59950640, member: 3436"We certainly didn’t need a reserved seat for the Broadway concert on a Sunday...it was maybe half full. And it was fantastic!

Good to hear this! What has been everyone’s experience with attending the Broadway concerts without a dining package?

We have a Rose & Crown package booked, but would much rather try Monsieur Paul, which doesn’t offer the package. I’ve always found the packages to be a great help for Candlelight Processional, Garden Rocks, and Eat to the Beat (F&W). Would we be safe to go without one this time?[/QUOTE]
I attended all the concerts this year and none of them were completely full. I arrived about 45 minutes before just to make sure I had a seat

We have a Rose & Crown package booked, but would much rather try Monsieur Paul, which doesn’t offer the package. I’ve always found the packages to be a great help for Candlelight Processional, Garden Rocks, and Eat to the Beat (F&W). Would we be safe to go without one this time?

I would not eat somewhere I didn't want to, but we are going on opening Friday (the previous year it opened a week earlier so I was taken by surprise that our planned Friday is opening day) and I already had garden grill PPO booked and was able to convert it to the package, so traveling solo with a kid on the spectrum the more I can control the better... for $11 more per person I'm going for it. If it were just a couple of adults I might still convert an existing ADR but I would not go somewhere I didn't want to go, I'd just deal with going there earlier to get a seat.

So does anyone know if there are any programs that are age appropriate for myself and my 10 year old? offloading him for an adult program won't work :)

That's who I will be there for. not sure which one I should do

Well both sets are awesome.....I wanna see Adam so badly! But I don't know how A Whole New World will seem with a brother and sister doing it? But then the fun factor might be upped with a brother and sister team.....Gavin Lee might be amazing too, I have listened to the Mary Poppins cast recording a TON....I don't know much about Heidi though...

Well both sets are awesome.....I wanna see Adam so badly! But I don't know how A Whole New World will seem with a brother and sister doing it? But then the fun factor might be upped with a brother and sister team.....Gavin Lee might be amazing too, I have listened to the Mary Poppins cast recording a TON....I don't know much about Heidi though...

They may well NOT do that song. There are other songs they can do - at least as of the first preview (I've not been back since) both Aladdin and Jasmine had solos that could be done.

They may well NOT do that song. There are other songs they can do - at least as of the first preview (I've not been back since) both Aladdin and Jasmine had solos that could be done.
I would be so sad if they didn't though! So, both sides of the same problem hahaha

Do they have a pass holder line for the concerts like they did for F&W?
The past years you could get wrist bands first come first serve I didn’t see them doing this for F&W though this year unless they were already sold out or were distributed somewhere other then where magnets/ cutting boards were

I'm doing a quick 4 day Daddy/DD10 trip opening weekend. Sunday through Wednesday, (1/20 to 1/23) I'm trying to debate if EP needs to be Sunday or Monday to enjoy the FOA or if we could enjoy on any day? Worried about MLK weekend/opening weekend crowds being a little hectic. Any opinions?

I'm doing a quick 4 day Daddy/DD10 trip opening weekend. Sunday through Wednesday, (1/20 to 1/23) I'm trying to debate if EP needs to be Sunday or Monday to enjoy the FOA or if we could enjoy on any day? Worried about MLK weekend/opening weekend crowds being a little hectic. Any opinions?
This year the Broadway Singers expanded to 7 days I’m sure other activities have too

The past years you could get wrist bands first come first serve I didn’t see them doing this for F&W though this year unless they were already sold out or were distributed somewhere other then where magnets/ cutting boards were
They did ap wristbands during F&W but only for the month of September, they were distributed inside the American Adventure pavilion

The My Disney Experience should let you make a booking for them. But they haven't been announced as yet.

Would be nice if you could but in the past you've always had to call the order in once they are announced -- which should be soon. From what the DIS site says the workshops will only be Fridays to Mondays, not all week like last year, and the Paint with a Disney Artist will be on select Fridays and Sundays which is an increase from last year.

Where exactly would the information for these experiences be listed? Would there be a link from the General festival page on WDW's site? Would other blog websites leak the info prior?

This is the first time I've been keen on experiencing more than just wandering around and eating food. I'm still going to eat the food though ...

I guess I did not plan my trip well. I am arriving on a Sunday so I hope there is a good workshop on that Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!