EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I just missing it, or is Paige O’Hara not coming back this year?
she's never been there it's just been

Kerry Butler & Kevin Massey (Kevin's wife and original Broadway Katherine Plumber Kara Lindsey instead of Kerry in 2017)
Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland

I have done Kerry/Kevin and Ashley/Josh in 2016 and then Kara/Kevin last year (wanted to stay for Kissy/Alton the day we were there and they were performing but we were already there early for a tour)

can't wait to hit up a few shows this year

So am I just missing it, or is Paige O’Hara not coming back this year?

I don't think she has done the concert series.

Last year she had artwork for sale the last weekend or two - but I don't remember that it was announced way in advance. I saw my friend from the area post a pic of the print she got and was like "WHAT???" but I don't remember there being a big announcement.

Kerry Butler & Kevin Massey (Kevin's wife and original Broadway Katherine Plumber Kara Lindsey instead of Kerry in 2017)

I have done Kerry/Kevin and Ashley/Josh in 2016 and then Kara/Kevin last year (wanted to stay for Kissy/Alton the day we were there and they were performing but we were already there early for a tour)

She was selling and signing her artwork the last couple of weekends in 2016.

I don't think she has done the concert series.

Last year she had artwork for sale the last weekend or two - but I don't remember that it was announced way in advance. I saw my friend from the area post a pic of the print she got and was like "WHAT???" but I don't remember there being a big announcement.

She was selling and signing her artwork the last couple of weekends in 2016.

Sorry, last year she did a couple of the workshops for her art, and I was hoping she’d be back this year. Oh well :)

So I'm on the phone on a brief hold now trying to book one of the seminars and the CM says they are still only seeing the dining packages to book. Has anyone booked anything yet?

OK, so after the hold, she was able to find it. I made reservations for two seminars.

Thanks for the heads-up. When I checked the site itself, the main
2019 Epcot® International Festival of the Arts: The Visual Arts
page still has a reference to "check back later for times" so I didn't realize this was open yet. That is a little frustrating that I checked and they haven't updated their own page.

Is anyone else disappointed by the workshop/seminar offerings this year? It seemed like they had more last year, unless I read something completely wrong.

Is anyone else disappointed by the workshop/seminar offerings this year? It seemed like they had more last year, unless I read something completely wrong.

I think they are mostly the same as last year's. Main difference I see is that this year the Workshops (the ones you pay $39 for) are in the afternoon and the free seminars are in the mornings. I signed up for Ink and Paint Animation on Friday, and Doodling with Viz on the Sunday. No problem getting through -- not yet any way. The only reason there are fewer is because they are only offered on Fridays to Monday the same as the first year, last year they were 7 days a week.

Has anyone taken the animation flip book seminar? Thats the only one I could take if I did one

Glad they finally released the seminars and workshops. We planned to only go on a Thursday and Friday, so only one workshop day. But there's plenty going on otherwise. I wish they had a really good exhibit on a classic Disney artist like they did with Mary Blair. Tyrus Wong or Eyvind Earle would have been good, or Marc Davis, who also was influential in designs for the parks as well as the films.

OK, so after the hold, she was able to find it. I made reservations for two seminars.

Thanks for the heads-up. When I checked the site itself, the main
2019 Epcot® International Festival of the Arts: The Visual Arts
page still has a reference to "check back later for times" so I didn't realize this was open yet. That is a little frustrating that I checked and they haven't updated their own page.

They now have the info all up on the website. 10:00 p.m. Eastern, 10/10/2014

As someone else mentioned, last year they had the seminars daily so there were definitely a bunch more. I am rather disappointed in the selection of seminars this year, though. Last year they had quite a range of arts covered, from making clay teapots to painting to doodling to flower arranging. This year it seems to mostly be flower arranging and animation related with a few others.

What disappoints me the most, though, is that there is only one of the free classes per day when last year there was definitely more than one per day. It feels like they don't have as much as last year, which sucks because last year they had so many awesome classes (free and paid) that I scheduled a trip and spent a bunch of money just because of it. I'm not sure that I would go out of my way for the Arts Festival pared back version we seem to be getting in 2019.

Does anyone know if they are offering VIP seating for passholders at the concerts?
this is a great question. I booked the breakfast because for a few bucks more for something I was already planning it was worth it but we are planning to view another concert later in the week, it would be great if they did!

Will the IFOA be seven days a week in 2019. The MDE calendar has it listed under "Events" at Epcot for Fri-Mon only. Please advise.

Will the IFOA be seven days a week in 2019. The MDE calendar has it listed under "Events" at Epcot for Fri-Mon only. Please advise.

The festival will be every day of the week but the seminars and workshops will be Fri-Mon only and the Painting with a Disney Artist will be Fridays and Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!