EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any festival if the arts newbies like myself, fyi the ink & paint workshops sell out like 2 weeks in advance. I knew my chances day of were slim to none, but given that i wasnt even aware of this 2 weeks ago, i feel less bad about missing out. Besides, you can still watch from the side. I didnt ask about how fast others sell out, but i'm sure it's probably similar.

For any festival if the arts newbies like myself, fyi the ink & paint workshops sell out like 2 weeks in advance. I knew my chances day of were slim to none, but given that i wasnt even aware of this 2 weeks ago, i feel less bad about missing out. Besides, you can still watch from the side. I didnt ask about how fast others sell out, but i'm sure it's probably similar.
I was there as a Newbie to festivals also. Thanks for this, I was wondering how far in advance! I missed out on a lot but I know so much more for next year!

Hi everyone! Looking for advice...

I've read on this thread that dining packages haven't really been needed to get seats to the Broadway concerts -- but I booked packages for Saturday 2/23 and Sunday 2/24 way back when they became available. Does anyone think that the packages might in fact be needed for these dates, though, given that it's the last weekend for FOTA? I'm considering keeping the Sunday one (because it's my H's birthday) and canceling the Saturday one and just taking our chances with seating that day.

Thoughts/advice???

Hi everyone! Looking for advice...

I've read on this thread that dining packages haven't really been needed to get seats to the Broadway concerts -- but I booked packages for Saturday 2/23 and Sunday 2/24 way back when they became available. Does anyone think that the packages might in fact be needed for these dates, though, given that it's the last weekend for FOTA? I'm considering keeping the Sunday one (because it's my H's birthday) and canceling the Saturday one and just taking our chances with seating that day.

Thoughts/advice???
Is seriously been very easy to get seats without the package. The only day that it MIGHT be needed is the 25th because all 4 will be performing together, we've (people in standby line) been chatting about it and we're all very excited to see that. Just show up 30 min prior and you'll get a seat

Is seriously been very easy to get seats without the package. The only day that it MIGHT be needed is the 25th because all 4 will be performing together, we've (people in standby line) been chatting about it and we're all very excited to see that. Just show up 30 min prior and you'll get a seat
I actually came to look on this thread for this exact reason. I'm flying in late at night on the 24th so the 25th will be my one and only day to do the festival of the arts. I was able to get a garden grill package, though I'd rather not spend my time eating so I was debating canceling. Should I keep it just to be safe? My only frame of reference is NPH for CP this past December. And it was his last show. So I was glad I had the dining package then cause it was mobbed.

I actually came to look on this thread for this exact reason. I'm flying in late at night on the 24th so the 25th will be my one and only day to do the festival of the arts. I was able to get a garden grill package, though I'd rather not spend my time eating so I was debating canceling. Should I keep it just to be safe? My only frame of reference is NPH for CP this past December. And it was his last show. So I was glad I had the dining package then cause it was mobbed.
I honestly wouldn't keep it, if you are still stressed about getting a seat line up for standby 45 min before the show, the first one is always more busy so if you can do the last one you might not even need to line up early. This past Monday I walked up to the theater 5 min before the 8pm show and had a great seat

I will beg to differ on the concert and “lack of need”. I just got out of Josh and Ashley’s 5:30 and it was packed. I got nervous and booked a last-minute dining package and am so glad I did. The stand-by line was well into or past Italy at 4:30 and that section filled and then overflowed into the rest of the dining package area once that section opened to them.

BTW, tonight was the best I have seen. Ashley did “Monster” from Frozen (Broadway) and absolutely slayed it. I was shaking for almost the rest of the concert. Absolute brilliance! I adore that song, and Ashley performs it beautifully!

Thanks for the advice, @yulilin3 and @Dug720 . :)

We have decided to keep our packages for both the 23rd and 24th...for now. The one on the 23rd is for Biergarten, and we were looking forward to eating there anyway, so it seemed like an obvious choice to go ahead and keep that one. The one on the 24th is the one we're less sure about...it's for Rose and Crown, and I've been reading iffy reviews about the food there lately (and the menu has changed since we last ate there). We're keeping it for now, but we might end up canceling it later. It's my H's birthday and we have an ADR for La Hacienda (his favorite) later that night, so I think the package at R&C will really just be way too much food for us (we usually share TS meals). Really disappointing that there are so many fewer restaurants that participate in the Broadway concert package as compared to the ones for the CP or the Garden Rocks concert series. :(

Definitely a packed show today, we're got In line at 3:30 and got good seats but they have the whole left side reserved but I'm sure they'll open it for standby soon

We were down at WDW this past weekend, so glad they extended this festival a week later this year to go through the Princess Half weekend. Did the festival is 2017 (loved it), missed it last year. DW and I had a lot of fun at the various pic spots, enjoyed the food/drink, and the various artist booths.

I don’t personally get all fired up about F&G or F&W, but we really enjoy this one.

Just booked for next January so we can attend opening weekend. Can’t wait to experience as much as we can.

Together DH and I only had a few hours before an ADR and then him heading to bed early for his run the next morning. I went back and enjoyed the concert from an amazing seat. I also popped back the next night for the other concert after he went to bed early for his next run. We both loved the event overall and would have liked two or three days to have spread it over. When we booked it wasn’t originally scheduled. It was the week between this and F&G. We were looking forward to F&G at the end of our trip so when they shifted weeks after we’d already made ADRs etc we had to make some last minute adjustments. I’m glad we did. We’ve both done F&W, I’ve done F&G, so it was nice to have something new. DH actually thinks he prefers it (including the food) to F&W. And we did get to see a lot of the topiaries for the garden festival in our last week so we feel we got a bit of both.

I am interested in purchasing a LE canvas print but don't know if I get to choose the number. Does anyone know if this is an option or do you just get the next number available?

I am interested in purchasing a LE canvas print but don't know if I get to choose the number. Does anyone know if this is an option or do you just get the next number available?
the prints are all in a container so you can pick a specific number. This thread is from last year so I'll be closing it. If you have any additional question about this years event you can open a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!