Epcot 4th July - Illuminations

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
We were hoping to do the Frozen Ever After Dessert party on 4 July. I had been checking daily for the release of dates for some time now with no luck, then I miss a couple of days and of course it's released and sells out. I've been looking a couple of times a day since hoping so one might change their mind and cancel but I don't like my chances.

What are my other options for some sort of special viewing? I can't get Spice Road Table or La Hacienda. They are also booked at this stage. Is there anything else we can do? We used FP+ last time and had to queue up for almost 2 hours to get into the area and still didn't have great viewing because of the crowd in there.

I watched the 4th of July Illuminations at Epcot last year. It was not difficult to get a good spot. I was behind the art easels near France. I will admit there was a rain delay, perhaps some people gave up and left. It was my first time seeing the extra tag at the end, I loved it. We had a room at Yacht so it was easy to get back to our resort.

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. We were there in 2017 and I was surprised we had to line up so long in the FP line. We weren't planning on being that early but saw the line as we walked past and thought we had better get in line as it was already quite long. It had made me a bit nervous. We loved the extra bit too. In fact were awestruck by it.

We were there in 2017 and walked up to World Showcase literally 5 minutes before fireworks started and still got a good spot to see it. I wouldn't worry.

I watched the 4th of July Illuminations at Epcot last year. It was not difficult to get a good spot. I was behind the art easels near France. I will admit there was a rain delay, perhaps some people gave up and left. It was my first time seeing the extra tag at the end, I loved it. We had a room at Yacht so it was easy to get back to our resort.
There were a lot of guests leaving IG as I walked in, after the heavy rain.
Staying in an Epcot area resort made it much more pleasant and dry, staying in my room until the storm passed ;)

I would think last year was atypically low crowds by the time fireworks began.

So any suggestions of where to sit. We've seen Illuminations a few time but have a newbie with us so want him to have a good view. I've been combing Youtube for ideas. I'm thinking England next to Yorkshire County Fish & Chips.

There really isn't a bad spot anywhere, I don't know that any one spot is "the" spot to be. We've seen it from many different locations and none stood out as being better than the next, they were all good. Personal preference is by the twin gift shops as it makes our exit easier at the end, but that's got nothing to do with the view of the show.

So any suggestions of where to sit. We've seen Illuminations a few time but have a newbie with us so want him to have a good view. I've been combing Youtube for ideas. I'm thinking England next to Yorkshire County Fish & Chips.
Have a few spots in mind, and pay attention to the breeze. You dont want all of the pyro smoke obscuring the fireworks and smoke blowing in your face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter