Epcot activities, not rides?

Cande

Earning My Ears
Havent been to Disney in 30 years!! Saw someone post recently about Pick-a-Pearl in Epcot...wondering what are some other activities besides the rides?
Thanks!

There is a "show" of sorts in most countries...Japan has the drummers, China has the acrobats, France has the server guy, and I can't remember the rest, but we like to stop and watch them.

My children love the store in Japan where the pick a pearl is. Lots of neat stuff. There is a gallery in the back of the Japan pavilion that has “cute culture” that is kind of neat. The show in France is my favourite. It has air conditioning, it’s not too long and you can sit down. The show in China and Canada you need to stand in their theatres. Don’t forget to go to club cool to try free samples of cola products. I saw on a vlog that they had a marvel characters display in Norway. Have fun in Epcot!

First, :welcome: to DISboards!

As bigbabyblues said, every country in the World Showcase has some entertainment in addition to the attractions.

I think allears has one of the best summary for Epcot that includes the various entertainment:

http://allears.net/tp/ep/ep.htm

Follow the links for more information on each of the countries.

Depending on when you visit, Epcot hosts a number of festivals like Food and Wine in the fall, Flower and Garden in the spring, and the Festival of the Holidays and the Candlelight Processional around Christmas.

I suspect you'll find a lot has changed in thirty years.

My children love the store in Japan where the pick a pearl is. Lots of neat stuff. There is a gallery in the back of the Japan pavilion that has “cute culture” that is kind of neat. The show in France is my favourite. It has air conditioning, it’s not too long and you can sit down. The show in China and Canada you need to stand in their theatres. Don’t forget to go to club cool to try free samples of cola products. I saw on a vlog that they had a marvel characters display in Norway. Have fun in Epcot!
Thanks so much! Looking forward to some shopping and shows with the Little ones!

First, :welcome: to DISboards!

As bigbabyblues said, every country in the World Showcase has some entertainment in addition to the attractions.

I think allears has one of the best summary for Epcot that includes the various entertainment:

http://allears.net/tp/ep/ep.htm

Follow the links for more information on each of the countries.

Depending on when you visit, Epcot hosts a number of festivals like Food and Wine in the fall, Flower and Garden in the spring, and the Festival of the Holidays and the Candlelight Processional around Christmas.

I suspect you'll find a lot has changed in thirty years.

Oh man, We booked completely last minute so I feel like a total newbie with dining, Fastpass and everything! I’ve done Disney cruises more recently somhave those down pat We’re just missing food & wine. Will def check out the link, thanks!!

The China show is worth watching. They moved it to the inside of the "Temple of Heaven". Beside acrobats, they have this guy who did the face-changing show. It's a traditional Chinese opera trick. It took people a while to realize his face "masks" were changing. It's fascinating because I was right up front and I still couldn't figure out how he did it.

* Go around the World and visit all the Kidcot Fun Stops, collecting cards for your 'suitcase'
* Participate in an Agent P'w World Showcase adventure (I recommend Japan, but all the countries are fun!)
* Visit the aquarium over at Seabase
* Visit the Lab after the Figment ride, Project Tomorrow after the Spaceship Earth ride, and keep testing your car design after Test Track.

So much to do at Epcot! :D

Pin Trading is cool... i just hope it still exists. I remember when shops traded vinylmations.

My kids love Club Cool and getting passport stamps. They also did the pressed coin collections one year. Biergarten has a really fun Polka band and the stores have neat stuff. There is a lot to do there.

Henna tattoos. They are available in other areas too now, but we love to get those in Morocco when we are at Epcot. I'm so glad my kids are at the age where they are okay with the Henna versus constantly wanting face paint that washes off that day.

The food and wine festival is amazing!!! Kids not so excited about it but we had a sitter for evening and used our dining plan snacks to try lots of food. Very relaxed, minimal lines at each station. Nice stand up places to eat and some non painful fake lawn to sit on. Drinks about $5 each and small so you can try a lot. Kinda wished we didn’t have dinner reserved.

Drink around the world then mission space orange! J/k, it may make you hurl. But they have barf bags! We were fine after dinner and a couple drinks. Not as bad as the warnings make you think. But you asked about non rides.

Kids loved the meet and greets. We saw baker daisy, joy, sadness, Baymax. Ok me and hubs saw Baymax. Kids didn’t have time for him. Sorry kids! So huggable.

Just walking around world showcase and exploring little nooks and crannies is fun.

The fireworks show is cool and since viewing is all the way around the lagoon (lake?) it’s not too crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!