EPCOT and MK park-hopping question

LBS

Mouseketeer
We are considering spending a couple of hours in the MK one day before heading over to EPCOT for the rest of the day. We want to be at MK for the opening. We are staying offsite and driving a rental car. Since we will end the day at EPCOT where do we need to leave our car?

Can we park at EPCOT and catch the monorail over to MK before it opens? Or do we park at MK and ride the monorail back after we see Illuminations? THere is also the third option, which is the most boring, to just drive to EPCOT after we leave the MK, but we love riding the monorail and would like to take it between parks. Any advice is appreciated.

You can do any of the things you mentioned. My suggestion would be to park at the last park you'll be in that day. It's just nicer to finish your day and be able to get in your car and drive away, rather than to fight the end-of-day crowds on the monorail line.

My vote would be to park at Epcot and take the monorail to MK in the morning.

:earsboy:

Personally I would park at Epcot since your ending your day there... it will be a shorter trip to the car after a long day. But then again if you really enjoy the monorail you might like the extra trip back to the TTC.

Honestly its boils down to your own prefrence, do you want to be able to leave the park and be on the road or would you rather take that monorail ride to close out your day. The monorails should be running early enough for you to make it from epcot to the MK and they most definately will be running late enough for you to make it back to the TTC if you choose to park there. Sorry I am not much help. I hope that you have a great trip and are happy with which ever option you choose!

We have done this several times. Park at EPCOT so you don't have to wait for the tram at MK.

Right now I am leaning towards parking at EPCOT in the morning and riding the monorail over to MK. Does anyone know what time the monorail begins running between EPCOT and MK?

:bounce:

Drive the car to the Contemporary Resort and take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom in the morning.

Eat lite lunch. (Be sure to go on Dumbo & Pirate of Carib before u leave)

Take monrail back to COntemp. Resort.

Drive Car to EPCOT in late afternoon.

Eat dinner in a country (make your priority seating now!! wdw-dine (i think it's 407 area code)

Leave EPCOT via car.

***If you take monorail at contemp resort u get the ride u want, and avoid a LENGHTY TIME CONSUMING WAIT for transferring monorail to the other line
for EPCOT. It's not worth it and you'll waste so much precious time!!

Hope this helps!!
fairytinkerbell

Originally posted by fairytinkerbell
:bounce:

Drive the car to the Contemporary Resort and take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom in the morning.

Eat lite lunch. (Be sure to go on Dumbo & Pirate of Carib before u leave)

Take monrail back to COntemp. Resort.

Drive Car to EPCOT in late afternoon.

Eat dinner in a country (make your priority seating now!! wdw-dine (i think it's 407 area code)

Leave EPCOT via car.

***If you take monorail at contemp resort u get the ride u want, and avoid a LENGHTY TIME CONSUMING WAIT for transferring monorail to the other line
for EPCOT. It's not worth it and you'll waste so much precious time!!

Hope this helps!!
fairytinkerbell

YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT??? PARK AT THE CONTEMPORARY????

there are paid parking lots at WDW for a reason. and people not staying at a resort or eating at a resort with a PS don't park there.

Since I love the firework shows and usually the MK closes after EPCOT I would vote to park at the MK. After EPCOT fireworks, you take the monorail back to the MK and watch the wonderful Wishes firework show. Then sit down and enjoy watching the light show on the castle while everyone else rushes out of the MK. Have a coke and ice cream to end the day.
If you arrive from the EPCOT monorail as the boat arrives from the MK at the ticket and transportation center take the boat back to the MK. It is really neat to be the only guest aboard. If you are running late you may see the fireworks from the deck of the boat. This is really easy to do in the summer when EPCOT closes at 9PM and the MK fireworks are not until 10PM.
Not to mention the VIP feeling of pulling into the dock at the MK while all the folks are lined up to leave the park and you are the only person to exit the boat.

Spanky,
I like your idea about the boat. That would definitely be a unique experience. Unfortunately it looks as if the timing of our visit will not allow for that. How cool it would be though to be the only one on the boat while the fireworks are going off!

Does anyone know what time the monorail between EPCOT and MK begins running and quits running?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter