Epcot area resorts International Gateway

lbv7

Mouseketeer
For those guests staying at BW, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin who were worried about how the increased traffic due to the cable cars when entering the International Gateway, I spoke to a manager who told me the following.

1) Currently 15% of Epcot visitors go through the IG, this is expected to increase to 35% when the cable cars are up and running.

2) The current IG entrance will be demolished, move to another location, and greatly expanded to meet the increased traffic flow.

3) Hope this info alleviates any concerns that some people may have.

For those guests staying at BW, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin who were worried about how the increased traffic due to the cable cars when entering the International Gateway, I spoke to a manager who told me the following.

1) Currently 15% of Epcot visitors go through the IG, this is expected to increase to 35% when the cable cars are up and running.

2) The current IG entrance will be demolished, move to another location, and greatly expanded to meet the increased traffic flow.

3) Hope this info alleviates any concerns that some people may have.

Thanks for the info and Im glad Disney is attempting to address the issue, but I still think the days of strolling in from the Epcot area resorts and finding a nearly empty security and entrance area will be forever gone once they open. I hope Im proven wrong as that will greatly reduce my desire to stay in that area.

I’m hoping the Gondola guests get screened for security before they get on. The IG entrance isn’t that wide so hopefully they will move it back so the Gondola guests have their entrance when they get off and resort guests are back by the boat dock.

Not going to happen. From what I was told there will be 1 new entrance, not 1 for Epcot area resort guests and another for cable car arrivals.

I am concerned about how they are going to expand security and touch points to get in the park. I think 35% may be a little bit of a conservative number...especially during Food and Wine etc. If they aren't moving the security entirely in front of the gondola station to allow those people to go directly in the park (assuming they were previously screened before boarding) how can they actually expand that footprint?

I’m hoping the Gondola guests get screened for security before they get on. The IG entrance isn’t that wide so hopefully they will move it back so the Gondola guests have their entrance when they get off and resort guests are back by the boat dock.

That would be great....

Not going to happen. From what I was told there will be 1 new entrance, not 1 for Epcot area resort guests and another for cable car arrivals.

...but this will probably what happens.

Last edited:

They will have to move it back and spread it across both sides. In the current spot, there are only 3 lines. Maybe not “separate entrances” but it will have to spread from the Gondola exit over to the boat dock.

Wouldn't make sense.
I think 35% may be a little bit of a conservative number
Gondolas will only be serving four (granted, large) resorts. 35% is probably right - once people overcome their concerns/skepticism.

Wouldn't make sense.

Gondolas will only be serving four (granted, large) resorts. 35% is probably right - once people overcome their concerns/skepticism.

4 resorts & many people coming from Disney Studios. We stay at YC & there are always a lot of DS guests headed to Epcot later in the day, especially during festivals.

If they screen before the monorail of course they will screen before the gondola.

There is plenty of space for them to arrange a checkpoint for the IG resort guests outside of the area where the Gondola exit. Will they? No clue. but they can.

If they screen before the monorail of course they will screen before the gondola.
I wouldn't say of course they will. Its been a debated question since the Skyliner was announced. They would have to set up screening at DHS outside the Skyliner station which doesn't seem like it will happen.

This isn't happening as far as I know. There isn't anywhere else they could put it.

Curious, one source says they will redo it.
Another says they won't.
Whose source is right? Since both can't be

Curious, one source says they will redo it.
Another says they won't.
Whose source is right? Since both can't be
His source is a resort manager and we all know CMs get misinformation at times.

If this was the case I believe work on the entrance would have begun already since they would want it done before the Skyliner opens. That is not the case. There also isn't another way to re-route that entrance from a different place like the OP says.

His source is a resort manager and we all know CMs get misinformation at times.

If this was the case I believe work on the entrance would have begun already since they would want it done before the Skyliner opens. That is not the case. There also isn't another way to re-route that entrance from a different place like the OP says.
Where does it say Resort manager?

so based upon the manager the traffic at the gateway will increase by 133% ( from 15% to 35%) Meaning if you have stayed at an Epcot resort in the past, expect over twice the number of people at the gate. Of course these are estimates based upon the resorts occupancy and a profile of how many people go to Epcot in a day, which varies on the day of the week and season. So spikes will exist for events.

I wouldn't say of course they will. Its been a debated question since the Skyliner was announced. They would have to set up screening at DHS outside the Skyliner station which doesn't seem like it will happen.
Why not? The gondola would stand to be at a greater risk of a threat than even the monorail. In what logic would they want guests to get on without some sort of security check? Otherwise, why bother to give one for the monorail? Or are they just not worried about guests that aren't staying at Deluxe resorts? Which seems about as unreasonable
so based upon the manager the traffic at the gateway will increase by 133% ( from 15% to 35%) Meaning if you have stayed at an Epcot resort in the past, expect over twice the number of people at the gate
Which is still not even remotely busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter