Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer, I think we will miss Ratatouille by just a few weeks. :(

We are staying 5/6-5/15 and it says opening late spring 2020, which is probably June. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed anyways!

Bummer, I think we will miss Ratatouille by just a few weeks. :(

We are staying 5/6-5/15 and it says opening late spring 2020, which is probably June. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed anyways!
I think memorial day 2020 is probably a good guess, with soft openings a week to 10 days before.

Ok, I did a quick glance and if it's here and I've missed it, I'm sorry. We've been at BWI for so many trips in a row now I realized last weekend it's been a long time since I'd been out the front of the park so I have no idea how long the walls have been up around the security/monorail exit area. What's going on with the construction out front? Are they finally fixing something with the way you come off the monorail and going through security? Something else?

Ok, I did a quick glance and if it's here and I've missed it, I'm sorry. We've been at BWI for so many trips in a row now I realized last weekend it's been a long time since I'd been out the front of the park so I have no idea how long the walls have been up around the security/monorail exit area. What's going on with the construction out front? Are they finally fixing something with the way you come off the monorail and going through security? Something else?
That is supposed to be for security improvements.

Not sure current status or if this is still the same work area that you saw, but they had walls up back in December here in an area roughly around the monorail exit. I think there were also some other walls up in the general monorail station area if I’m not mistaken. I of course will be a very happy camper if and/or when this were to ever lead to a direct entrance path from the monorail to avoid the double screening.

C20BF452-17CA-476C-A93A-E1BED75EE08D.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure current status or if this is still the same work area that you saw, but they had walls up back in December here in an area roughly around the monorail exit. I think there were also some other walls up in the general monorail station area if I’m not mistaken. I of course will be a very happy camper if and/or when this were to ever lead to a direct entrance path from the monorail to avoid the double screening.

View attachment 383576
Yeah, those are the same general walls we saw and they were still in the same state on Saturday. Their being in that location is exactly why I had thoughts that maybe, just maybe they were trying to do something to reorganize placement of screening areas so that those coming down off the monorail ramp would be inside security. No clue if it's going to be possible with the way the walls are placed but maybe.

You know, ONE Of these days I will get this information out before you... :thanks:

Now onto this post.

Key items:

So - WoL - in my opinion - will become the NEW innovations - with M&G and games and such. Interesting.
Next - Picture shows change to new entrance - and look what is missing - yep the leave are being moved outside the entrance
There will also be exciting changes to the way you come and go at Epcot! As you can see above, changes are coming to the Epcot main entrance, where the plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain. This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.

So, what happens to the rest of the spine.

Also the third item, it does call out changes to SSE:
As part of the new entry experience, Leave A Legacy photos will be moving into a beautiful setting just outside the park’s gateway. Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth attraction and the World Showcase Promenade. More details about the transformation of this area will be announced at a later date.

things are moving along - but still no UK or Brazil mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter