Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! Between this and development on the other side of SSE, it'll be a bit more of a Main Street.

This was unexpected for a random Thursday, look forward to seeing this happen though, WoL has been abandoned for too long, also Innovations is officially on borrowed time. They redid the roof of WoL last year, so I figured something was up

I've said from day one that even though no one knew of any planned changes to the IG that it never meant there were none coming. Disney does manage to do somethings without anyone knowing in advance. That it would just about have to have something done to it once the skyliner opened. Will be interesting to see what they come up with

I've said from day one that even though no one knew of any planned changes to the IG that it never meant there were none coming. Disney does manage to do somethings without anyone knowing in advance. That it would just about have to have something done to it once the skyliner opened. Will be interesting to see what they come up with
Sounds like just adding touch points. So making the entrance a bit bigger by taking out that planter. Nothing drastic but will be needed.

Sounds like just adding touch points. So making the entrance a bit bigger by taking out that planter. Nothing drastic but will be needed.
Something is better than nothing, even it's only a small something.

I've said from day one that even though no one knew of any planned changes to the IG that it never meant there were none coming.

I've been saying from Day 0 that anything is possible.

giphy.gif

thanks! Ha, they must file a lot of extensions! ;)
As rteetz said they don't have to have many extensions because there are multiple permits reach project. One may be for excavation, one for foundations, one for steelwork etc., there's not just one for the entire ride/bldg.

Ok, I did a quick glance and if it's here and I've missed it, I'm sorry. We've been at BWI for so many trips in a row now I realized last weekend it's been a long time since I'd been out the front of the park so I have no idea how long the walls have been up around the security/monorail exit area. What's going on with the construction out front? Are they finally fixing something with the way you come off the monorail and going through security? Something else?

Not sure current status or if this is still the same work area that you saw, but they had walls up back in December here in an area roughly around the monorail exit. I think there were also some other walls up in the general monorail station area if I’m not mistaken. I of course will be a very happy camper if and/or when this were to ever lead to a direct entrance path from the monorail to avoid the double screening.

View attachment 383576

Yeah, those are the same general walls we saw and they were still in the same state on Saturday. Their being in that location is exactly why I had thoughts that maybe, just maybe they were trying to do something to reorganize placement of screening areas so that those coming down off the monorail ramp would be inside security. No clue if it's going to be possible with the way the walls are placed but maybe.

For the FWIW file, that construction noted above was gone as of this past weekend, walls down, back to normal around the monorail exit. I'm sure I'm well behind and this is covered here or in other threads, but I guess whatever work is still on tap for the entrance will be a part of whatever larger work is planned down the road.

Pic is from a different angle, but shows that area previously with walls up.

March 2019.jpeg

Permit filed for Epcot entrance project today. Defaults to 1 year and is from Whitting Turner.
I heard something about this permit being filed along with Club Cool being demolished (among other things). This is one of our favorite spots - will Club Cool be around this November?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts