Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So @rteetz ...

With the new film coming to Living With the Land this week and The Seas carpeting update, are there any other things happing that you have heard in the near future to those pavilions other than the new film at the land?

Im still worried about those pavilions getting bulldozed and im curious about why Disney would pump money into them if they were going away?

So @rteetz ...

With the new film coming to Living With the Land this week and The Seas carpeting update, are there any other things happing that you have heard in the near future to those pavilions other than the new film at the land?

Im still worried about those pavilions getting bulldozed and im curious about why Disney would pump money into them if they were going away?
They aren’t getting bulldozer anytime soon. It’s expected there may be some more updates to living with the land.

How far back are the busses currently dropping you? How does exiting from the Monorail work at the moment? We are staying GF(I'm missing the walk to TTC from the Poly already!!!) and are deciding between bus or Monorail to Epcot for pre-opening Garden Grill ADR. One of our party will be ECV.

How far back are the busses currently dropping you? How does exiting from the Monorail work at the moment? We are staying GF(I'm missing the walk to TTC from the Poly already!!!) and are deciding between bus or Monorail to Epcot for pre-opening Garden Grill ADR. One of our party will be ECV.
Bus stops at Epcot have not changed. They are still in the same spot. Monorail is also the same right now.

Would appreciate some advice on navigating Epcot with the latest pathway closures. We have FP at FEA then Mission Space. Can we still walk from Norway through Odyssey, past TT to Mission Space? Am I correct in thinking we have to go to the central pathway to go from Imagination to UK? I have tried to look at the maps, but I've lost track of all the details.

Would appreciate some advice on navigating Epcot with the latest pathway closures. We have FP at FEA then Mission Space. Can we still walk from Norway through Odyssey, past TT to Mission Space? Am I correct in thinking we have to go to the central pathway to go from Imagination to UK? I have tried to look at the maps, but I've lost track of all the details.
I'm not sure if the imagination pathway has reopened yet. It was closed as of last Sunday when we were in Epcot.

I'm not sure if the imagination pathway has reopened yet. It was closed as of last Sunday when we were in Epcot.
Still closed as of today but the pathways have been poured. They need to do landscaping yet and finish the new bathrooms.

Okay here is the insider information on what is happening with Epcot core areas - per Martin at WDWMagic.com:
Okay. It could have been worse.

The west building will be razed. In its place will be two main buildings and a collection of simple, smaller ones. One main building will be where M&G will be located, the other an unusually shaped (think egg) multi level facility for festival operations, events and entertainment. It will indeed include an upper level bar / cafe type environment.

The much talked about water element will be an IP tied water maze near the Seas pavilion as has been discussed earlier.

There will be lots of winding pathways and foliage in this area. There is a proposal for a fountain feature where the existing one is. This may be the same or a replacement.

Circulation will be concentrated around the edge of what is currently the central area as opposed to walking in a straight line. Think of pathways following the current inside perimeters of east and west. And yes, there will be alcoholic beverage seating outside roughly where the current Mousegear rotunda is.

The east building will stay pretty much as is with a lot of cosmetic work. Merchandise will be where it is now, whilst the north east quadrant will become solely food and beverage.

The walkway(s) to Showcase will remain as-is albeit with the west addition widened and new landscaping on the central pathway. Lakes will remain as-is.

This is how I understand things to date.

He also shared more information on the WoL changes, will try and find that and post

Martin on WoL changes:
Temper your expectations. This will be a modest overlay of the current interior of the dome. Lots of cosmetic changes, but with the pathway and positioning layout of Wonders of Life - which will be fine for the target demographic.

Food and beverage will be a resurrected Pure and Simple. Three IP based “attractions” in the walk through / playground sense will be around the perimeter. There will be a simple stage show exhibit, reminiscent of the Goofy About Health / Anacomical Players set up.

The central area will be remodelled but remain the same rough layout.

Aside from a short switchback in and out of Frontiers of Medicine the Cranium and Simulator areas will not be utilised. And yes, I understand the ceiling windows will be covered for a projection effect on the interior dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!