Epcot DestiNations Tour — upcoming changes? WARNING CANCELLATIONS

amw

need a new tag
Has anyone received a call from Disney pertaining to this tour? I have it booked for August 5 & Disney left me a voicemail that the tour would be shortening — losing the lunch for a snack — and the price was going to be adjusted so they were giving me a credit. They also said the tour would be shorter (but didn’t tell me the hours!) and that it would include an “exclusive festival experience.” We’re not going during a festival. :confused3 They left the generic tour number if I had any questions. I have been put on hold for 20 min because the call cm has no idea what I’m talking about. Online shows the info for the original 5-hour with lunch tour. Does anyone have more info?

My mom received that message too, but I did not (we are booked separately) she received a $54 refund but not sure yet if it’s for the two of them or all 5 of us booked. I’d love to know what the length and snack is now if you find out anything.

Also forgot to mention, ours is booked in June.

My mom received that message too, but I did not (we are booked separately) she received a $54 refund but not sure yet if it’s for the two of them or all 5 of us booked. I’d love to know what the length and snack is now if you find out anything.

Also forgot to mention, ours is booked in June.

I was transferred to a few depts & this is what they could find out:
- changes start March 31
- tour becomes $79/person. I think I was credited back $90 for 3 people
- supposedly the exact same tour minus the lunch. Said it would be 4.5 hours rather than 5
- they had no idea what the exclusive festival experience was & assumed it would be a bonus like a ride pass, fireworks spot, or pin

I’m ok with not having lunch if the rest remains the same. I can always take my teens to lunch with the credit. ;) Wish we did know what the “snack” was. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if someone is going soon & reports back.

- changes start March 31
- supposedly the exact same tour minus the lunch. Said it would be 4.5 hours rather than 5
- they had no idea what the exclusive festival experience was & assumed it would be a bonus like a ride pass, fireworks spot, or pin

I’m ok with not having lunch if the rest remains the same. I can always take my teens to lunch with the credit. ;) Wish we did know what the “snack” was. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if someone is going soon & reports back.

Interesting, we have already done the tour 2-3 years ago and loved it, I'm a little skeptical of the change but nothing to do about it besides see how it is. I will say the lunch seemed kind of unnecessary because it ended up being basically at the end of the tour anyway. As long as the rest is the same, it should be great!

- changes start March 31

Curious.
When we did it, we got, at the end of the of the tour, a ride on boat in Mexico and a pass to view Illuminations in Italy. So those things were already included, though not listed anywhere that I ever saw. Pretty sure we did not get a Pin for this tour
It is pretty hard to hit Epcot at a time when there's not a festival. Seems to be running one all the time

It is pretty hard to hit Epcot at a time when there's not a festival. Seems to be running one all the time

Lol, true. We usually go at the end of August when Food&Wine starts. Had to move to the beginning of August due to DDs working schedules. As far as I know, there isn’t a festival for the summer June-Mid-August season? Unless Disney isn’t telling us something. :rotfl:

UPDATE WARNING — if you were booked for this tour prior to the March changes, they may have deleted your booking!

My credit card statement just came in. It showed the credited amount for the price adjustment on March 21. Then on March 22, shows a credit for the remaining balance. I called in with my confirmation number, sure enough Disney had cancelled my booking entirely! I had to rebook and repay. Luckily there was still room.

So please reconfirm your reservation if you booked it prior to the change!

In 2016 we visited each country and at the Outpost we went backstage to view the Illumination barges and globe. My guess is that portion is being eliminated during transition to new shows. We had lunch at Rose and Crown and were given VIP viewing area for Illuminations that night. For what it is worth, in 2018 we did the Illumination Cruise. It was a huge disappointment as the globe would not open so there was more laser and fire elements added. The finale was pretty lame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!