* Epcot DestiNations Tour - Anyone Tried Recently?

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
I understand the tour changed on March 31st. I am wondering if anyone has tried it since it changed?? What are the various elements of the tour? Was it worth it? Worried about losing five hours of park time...

Thanks for any information!!!

I have been wanting to take this tour. I didn't realize things had changed recently for it though.

I took the tour on April 8 and loved every minute of it. You learn about each of the pavilions, go back stage in some areas and have a snack break. I loved that I was able to get pictures of the different countries and the F&G topiaries with no one in my pictures (okay, a few had CM's watering the plants). I thought it was worth the money but I am someone that LOVES tours at WDW (and DL).

Have this booked for my upcoming trip in June, and I'm really looking forward to it. Glad to hear others have enjoyed it.

I took the tour on April 8 and loved every minute of it. You learn about each of the pavilions, go back stage in some areas and have a snack break. I loved that I was able to get pictures of the different countries and the F&G topiaries with no one in my pictures (okay, a few had CM's watering the plants). I thought it was worth the money but I am someone that LOVES tours at WDW (and DL).

What is a snack break? Is the change you no longer have lunch at Rose & Crown (or wherever it was)?

Yes. The old tour ended with lunch at Rose & Crown. Disney lowered the price and substituted a snack break half way through the tour. You get a bottle of water and a small dish of cheese, grapes, and strawberries.

Yes. The old tour ended with lunch at Rose & Crown. Disney lowered the price and substituted a snack break half way through the tour. You get a bottle of water and a small dish of cheese, grapes, and strawberries.
Cool, I like the sound of being able to grab lunch on our own afterwards in World Showcase. When you did it, was the 4.5 hour time accurate (so ending around 12:45 for an 8:15 tour)?

Cool, I like the sound of being able to grab lunch on our own afterwards in World Showcase. When you did it, was the 4.5 hour time accurate (so ending around 12:45 for an 8:15 tour)?

Yes, I just looked at the time stamp on some photos I took after the tour and that is a good time frame...you finish in between Canada & UK, if that helps your lunch plans.

I know things may have changed since last spring because of the new firework show, but did your tour include an invitation to come back and watch Illuminations from a reserved area?

I just took this tour last Tuesday! Yes we started at 8:15 and ended at 12:45 and had a little snack of cheese and fruit in Germany. We were on the list for the reserved epcot forever near Italy. We spent a lot of time backstage in the festival kitchen. It was fun but very hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter