Epcot Fastpass Re-Tiering

AJT607

Mouseketeer
When I initially booked our Epcot fastpasses for our upcoming trip, I had made selections for Spaceship Earth, Character Spot, and Frozen. When I was trying to change the time for Frozen, it was giving me an error. When I tried to book Fastpasses for a new day, I noticed that Character Spot was listed in the Tier 1 ride group. Did anyone else notice this recent change?

When I initially booked our Epcot fastpasses for our upcoming trip, I had made selections for Spaceship Earth, Character Spot, and Frozen. When I was trying to change the time for Frozen, it was giving me an error. When I tried to book Fastpasses for a new day, I noticed that Character Spot was listed in the Tier 1 ride group. Did anyone else notice this recent change?

Good catch, seems pretty new to me. Off to update the FAQ.

Yea I'm getting the same error too - I have Character Spot, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Frozen and cannot edit times for either Frozen or Character Spot.

Guess I'm grandfathered in?

I just dumped my Character Spot. We didn't really need it and I wanted to move Frozen earlier in the day in the hopes of being able to pick up a Soarin/Test Track after that.

They must have just changed this. I'm going next week and have FP for Character Spot and Frozen for 4 of us. Two days ago I was able to add my friend to Frozen and Mission Space but not the Character Spot. Today I tried again to add her to the character spot and it says that she already has a FP at that tier level. Interesting!

I'm wondering if they did that because so many people were using Character Spot just to tap off that last Tier to get more same day FP. It's right in the center of things.
You have to walk a bit more to hit the Pixar filmfest...

Do we really need a FP for Character Spot? we've never done it before, but was going to use a FP for it for our upcoming trip.

We've only done it twice with FP and both times the wait was close to 30 minutes with the FP. No clue if that's typical.

Well not sure that many people would give up Soarin, TT or Frozen as a Tier 1 to pick Character Spot so I forsee HUGE lines for this one in the future! We have it picked as a tier 2 and it still stands in MDE.
I am sure whoever picked fp's before June 10 will be grandfathered in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter