Epcot Fastpass Re-Tiering

Well not sure that many people would give up Soarin, TT or Frozen as a Tier 1 to pick Character Spot so I forsee HUGE lines for this one in the future! We have it picked as a tier 2 and it still stands in MDE.
I am sure whoever picked fp's before June 10 will be grandfathered in.
You would think that there will be a lot of these left to grab same day in the afternoon because they're T1.

I'm confused as to why there's consternation about this when you can meet these characters in basically every other park.

What am I missing?

That is bananas. What the heck Disney? We got Frozen and Character Spot for 6/15 when I booked 60 days out, and I’ve been slowly bumping them around to ideal times that I couldn’t get. I guess that’s done!

I'm confused as to why there's consternation about this when you can meet these characters in basically every other park.

What am I missing?

For me, it’s the standing in line with a toddler. I don’t think FP is offered to meet Mickey at DHS and AK, and there are so many rides at MK that I was hoping to avoid using a FP to meet Mickey there. Using a Tier 2 FP at Epcot looked to be our best option for avoiding a long line.

For me, it’s the standing in line with a toddler. I don’t think FP is offered to meet Mickey at DHS and AK, and there are so many rides at MK that I was hoping to avoid using a FP to meet Mickey there. Using a Tier 2 FP at Epcot looked to be our best option for avoiding a long line.

It is at AK, not at DHS

For me, it’s the standing in line with a toddler.

My gosh, yes! We have this scheduled very first day - very first thing. In effect, get the "meet Mickey obligation" over with so we don't have to fit it in and take up time / FPs better spent on other things.

Last June we had a FP+ for Character Meet at EPCOT (party of six) and it took us 35 minutes to just get into the first meet. I can't even imagine how long the stand-by line must have been.

At some point a little kid really started to cry and scream. I said out load "well someone isn't happy" and one of the Dads in line raised his hand, and everyone had a good laugh. At that point, all the adults weren't that happy either.

I can see why this attraction is a popular one for a FP and why it would compete as a Tier 1 Where else can you meet so many of the classic Disney characters without an expensive character meal.

TinkerPan -
Excellent point. And I'm sure it's demand based. Many people thinking like us. We decided to add this our first day since - exactly as you say - it seemed like a very efficient way to meet Mickey (first day there!) and not have to use up a FP that might be more valuable on something else.

Two kids 4 and 2 with us. In July. Wait in a long line then? No thanks.

And we are in fact doing a few (expensive) character meals as well.

Papa and Grandma (me and my wife) are doing our "character meals" at Raglan Road and the Wine Bar on a Saturday afternoon / evening. No FPs needed!

Well bless their hearts ........... I'm hoping this is a technical glitch ......... cause that makes NO SENSE.

I was just going to say the same thing, based on some quick searching. Also not related, but when searching I was reminded just how many half-way decent FPs you can still get at Epcot even a few days out.

Yeah ... seems to have been easy last few trips.

Easter Week - crowded. We booked our first three on our way to park. We ended up rolling the 4th. EVERY SINGLE attraction was available, even Frozen and Illuminations. The Frozen we booked while eating popcorn by The Land, in the time it took us to walk there we walked right on. The standby line out the door, out the land and all the way to China. o_O

It sort of makes sense to me. I mean it was the obvious tier 2 FP. Nothing else would save you nearly as much time. You got Character Spot and then flipped a coin for a third. It's arguably not quite on the same level as the other tier 1s but it's probably closer to them than to the other tier 2s.

As if finding Tier 2 fastpasses at Epcot wasn't hard enough already......This is just crazy. We were planning on FPing Epcot twice on our 8 day trip in order to secure for 2 of the Tier 1 attractions, and I was already struggling to come up with 4 Tier 2's. Will likely revisit now, only FP 1 day and look for Rope Drop and Late Night options for the Tier 1's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!