Epcot- Favorite QS w/Kids

Brojoef

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite quick service with kids at Epcot? Favorite dish at that spot?

In Future World the QS inside The Land (Sunshine Seasons) is a crowd pleaser. They have a variety to choose from, the kids are always happy with their choices, and everything I see either IS good (from experience) or LOOK so good I can never decide what to get.

We like to "snack" around the World Showcase and pick up our favorites, which aren't always a meal on their own.
Our favorite meal is Tangierine in Morocco. The kefta wrap is amazing, falafel is good, and the kids are happy too.
Kringla/Norway has good sandwiches, but we usually just stop for School Bread here, AH-MAZING.
The kids like some of the pastries in France (specifically an almond croissant), but I only go in for the raspberry macaron. YUM.
We always stop for caramel corn in Germany, too...Come to think of it, I guess we get mostly sweets in World Showcase. :teeth:

Our favorites are Kringla, Tangierine, the one in Japan (forget the name!) and Les Halles. Sunshine Seasons has a nice variety, I just find that it gets chaotic and crowded, so not the greatest atmosphere, IMHO. I would suggest looking at the menus and seeing what appeals to you.

We all like Tangierine Cafe. We can split the chicken and lamb platter over the four of us (2 adults, 6yo boy, 4 yo boy), and everyone's happy. There also always seems to be plenty of seating available when we're there, unlike, say, England and Mexico.

Kringla is good for snacks.

My kids loved Sunshine Seasons when they were young (10 and under) for the chicken breast nuggets. Now that they are a teenager and close to a teenager, they love Katsura Grill in Japan for the chicken teriyaki and the bakery in France for the baguettes (which they can each eat a whole one) and the pastries, specifically the chocolate croissants and the chocolate chip cookies. My DS16 says they have the best chocolate chip cookies in WDW. He would go to Les Halles every day if possible.

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons. Several different options--hot entree, Asian entree, salads, soups, sandwiches--so everyone can find something they like. Plus with MB, each can check out on his/her own (older kids, anyway). We end up there every Epcot day, and snack through WS (carrrrramelllllll cornnnnnnn.....).

We don't like Sunshine Seasons. Too chaotic for us and we don't like sitting in the busy cafeteria. We like eating at QS places in World Showcase. Mexico, China, Japan QS are all hits for us.

But, I have kids who like "adult" food better than traditional kid menu food. Depends on what your kids like to eat.

Katsura Grill in Japan is awesome. There is a gorgeous koi pond to see before you enter. It offers a great children's menu and indoor A/C seating or outside tables on a patio next to beautiful Japanese gardens.

This is a soothing break, but if you want something more lively, time your meal with the drummer's act.

Tangerine Cafe seems to have decreased their portion sizes since I was last there a year ago. Also $1.60 for one extra pita. So I would not recommend.

I would do Sunshine Seasons, Kringla, Mexico, or the UK fish shoppe (but seating here can be a problem unless you go when it opens).

Sunshine if you are near The Land when you want to eat. If not, probably Tangerine or Le Halles.

Loved the food at Sunshine Seasons, didn't love the woman who stole my table when I was pregnant and carrying heavy trays of food alone. It's lord of the flies to get seating there at peak times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter