EPCOT firework cruise, how to get back to our resort?

sukhakuli

<font color=darkorchid>I guess I'm funny like that
We are taking an EPCOT firework cruise so we can see EPCOT Forever once before we fly home the next day. We are staying the night at a Value resort (previous 7 nights on a DCL Western Carib.). I know the buses stop running about an hour after the park closes. Will there be a problem getting from the Yacht Club to All Star Music that night? I think we were going to travel by bus to Disney Springs and then to Music. But I'm open to suggestions.

We are taking an EPCOT firework cruise so we can see EPCOT Forever once before we fly home the next day. We are staying the night at a Value resort (previous 7 nights on a DCL Western Carib.).
1. I know the buses stop running about an hour after the park closes.

2. Will there be a problem getting from the Yacht Club to All Star Music that night? I think we were going to travel by bus to Disney Springs and then to Music. But I'm open to suggestions.
1. That is an often-quoted myth. The buses will be running 120 min. (even longer) after the parks close.
2. You can walk to DHS (20-25 min.) and take the bus to your resort from DHS.
(That is, if DHS closes at 9pm, or later.)
The Friendship boat that runs from the Epcot Resorts to DHS may still be running, but that
can be affected by how early DHS closes that evening.

1. That is an often-quoted myth. The buses will be running 120 min. (even longer) after the parks close.
2. You can walk to DHS (20-25 min.) and take the bus to your resort from DHS.
(That is, if DHS closes at 9pm, or later.)
The Friendship boat that runs from the Epcot Resorts to DHS may still be running, but that
can be affected by how early DHS closes that evening.
For about $10 you can Uber/Lyft from Beach Club to your resort. Not much considering you won’t have to walk to DHS or take a bus to DS and then wait again for another bus to your resort.

Last edited:

We almost got stuck at EPCOT one day (long story) because we were still inside the park an hour after it closed. Thankfully there was one bus to a Value resort that was still in the bus lot and he agreed to take us to the Poly because we were stranded by this point. But this was many years ago. Maybe the buses run longer now?

For about $10 you can Uber/Lyft from Beach Club to your resort. Not much considering you won’t have to walk to DHS or take a bus to DS and then wait again for another bus to your resort.
There are 7 of us, though, and a mobility scooter.

We almost got stuck at EPCOT one day (long story) because we were still inside the park an hour after it closed. Thankfully there was one bus to a Value resort that was still in the bus lot and he agreed to take us to the Poly because we were stranded by this point. But this was many years ago. Maybe the buses run longer now?
No WDW guest is ever "stuck" in any WDW park after closing.
The buses will continue to be dispatched until all guests are transported to their respective resorts.

And, yes, it is very common (think nightly) for any later bus to "shift" from traveling to just a single resort or resort area and, instead, be sent to carry individual parties to various and multiple resorts, as need be.
It is not a hardship or "special treatment," it is simply standard practice.

I can see where you thought you had done something wrong by staying late.
But, that's not a bit unusual.
(Heck, we hardly ever have left Epcot until an hour, or more after "closing time."
And, I'm talking from as far back as in the '80 and 90's.)

There are 7 of us, though, and a mobility scooter.
Oh well that changes things a bit!

I would take the boat from Epcot to Boardwalk. Then walk to DHS from Boardwalk if you want to get there and there’s enough juice in the ECV.

Not sure the max number of people in a minivan and if/how much room they have for the ECV.

Your plan for DS bus and then bus to HS is not bad either. But any of these choices will be time consuming.

Have a great vacation no matter what you choose.

I would avoid going the Disney Springs route. It will take forever.
On our last Illuminations Cruise our Captain offered to drop us off at the Studios as it was still open, so it wouldn’t hurt to ask him/her while boarding.

No WDW guest is ever "stuck" in any WDW park after closing.
The buses will continue to be dispatched until all guests are transported to their respective resorts.

And, yes, it is very common (think nightly) for any later bus to "shift" from traveling to just a single resort or resort area and, instead, be sent to carry individual parties to various and multiple resorts, as need be.
It is not a hardship or "special treatment," it is simply standard practice.

I can see where you thought you had done something wrong by staying late.
But, that's not a bit unusual.
(Heck, we hardly ever have left Epcot until an hour, or more after "closing time."
And, I'm talking from as far back as in the '80 and 90's.)
I guess you want to hear the whole story, then. This was an unusual circumstance. I was traveling with my husband, 3 year old and newborn (he was unplanned and the trip was booked) and my parents. My mother has mental health issues. My father wanted to hold our newborn during Fantasmic. My dad (God rest his soul) loved his grandkids very much. After the show was over, we got seperated in the crowd. At some point he gave my son to my mother. We all went to our meeting place, but my mother wasn't there. We waited for her. The park is now closed. I went back to the stadium, maybe she was there. The CM's told me the stadium had been cleared. Maybe she was waiting at the gate. She wasn't there. Then we started just going land by land, but we were met by CM's at every entrance stating the area had been cleared. We looked outside the gate. My mother wasn't there. We called her cell phone a hundred times, no answer. I'm starting to panic. We had a gaggle of CM's around us, and going through the park looking for her and my baby. She wasn't there. They checked the parking lot, cab stand, buses. No mom. No baby. At this point the park was completely closed and only what was left of my family was there, in hysterics, with very helpful, but impotent, CM's trying to help us. We walked toward the gate to call the police, and there was my mom, outside the gate with my baby. It had been at least an hour. It's an even longer story about what she did with him and why, but by now the park and all the stores were closed, the cab stand was empty (and we had no car seats) and all the buses were gone. Save one. Who was working on his log in the lot before he signed off. We were literally the only people left aside from CM's while we dealt with this ordeal. Obviously, I don't want to get stuck at a park again.
I would avoid going the Disney Springs route. It will take forever.
On our last Illuminations Cruise our Captain offered to drop us off at the Studios as it was still open, so it wouldn’t hurt to ask him/her while boarding.
That's a good idea. I'll check with the captain. The fireworks are supposed to be at 10 if memory serves. I just want to make sure we get back to the resort in a timely manner. We will have a 6 year old and no stroller, so I don't know that I want to tack on a long walk on top of everything else. We are going to disembark from our DCL that morning, hit KCS, then do the fireworks cruise. It's going to be a long day.

I’ve been the last one out of Magic Kingdom before. EMH so I didn’t get out until 3am since I was sitting in City Hall waiting for the Buzz Lightyear CMs to bring me my dropped cell phone (had an early flight the next day and my digital boarding pass was on there). The transportation manager was waiting for me outside the gates. I could hear “last guest has left” on his radio as I left. Transportation manager asked a random bus driver to take me back to Pop. He seemed happy to do it. So yes, they’ll make sure you aren’t stranded no matter what time it is. We also have had the accessibility van take us to our destination before in the morning because the busses were dropping off only and we needed to get to another resort of dining reservations.

It's an even longer story about what she did with him and why, but by now the park and all the stores were closed, the cab stand was empty (and we had no car seats) and all the buses were gone. Save one. Who was working on his log in the lot before he signed off. We were literally the only people left aside from CM's while we dealt with this ordeal. Obviously, I don't want to get stuck at a park again.
Had that bus not been there, Disney security would have radioed for a Disney transportation van for you. Disney literally will not leave anyone stranded at its parks.

The official time according to resort TV is 60 minutes after the park closes. However until the park is considered closed and clear there will be buses waiting/running. There isn't a specific set time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts