EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

TDC Nala

1937, what a year that was
Welcome to the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival thread. The Festival is scheduled to take place September 25 - November 16. For the first time, the Festival has been extended to end a week later than usual.

This thread is for discussion of and information about the 2015 Food and Wine Festival only. Please, no discussion of regular restaurant reservations, possible meets, comparing dates you're going, or off-topic chat.

The first post is where the links to festival information will be placed!

SOME OF THE INFORMATION ALREADY POSTED HERE IS BASED ON PROCEDURE IN PAST YEARS. ANYTHING MAY CHANGE FROM ONE YEAR TO THE NEXT. IF ANYTHING CHANGES IT WILL BE UPDATED WHEN WE FIND OUT ABOUT IT.

Here is Disney's festival page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

This page has info on the Marketplace menus (no prices yet) and special events for 2015.

If you like the special events in list form, you can find it here: http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw15/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-special-ticketed-events.htm

Culinary demonstrations: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...wine-festival/culinary-demos-updated-2015.pdf

Beverage seminars: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...e-festival/beverage-seminars-updated-2015.pdf

Mixology seminars:https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...e-festival/seminars-mixology-updated-2015.pdf

The "deminars" will continue to be $15 and there will be a $2 discount for TIW/AP/DVC on Monday-Thursday as in previous years.

For detailed information use this link:http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival
This page has 2015 updates as they become available as well as info on last year's and past festivals.

BOOKING FOR 2015 WILL OPEN ON JULY 30, 2015. Call 407-WDW-FEST. Phone lines open at 7 AM eastern.

BOOKING TUTORIAL FOR SPECIAL EVENTS IN POST #3

By popular demand, here is the list of ways you may pay for items at the Food and Wine Festival Marketplace.
Cash
Credit or debit card
Disney Gift Card
Disney Room Charge (Magic Band or card)
Disney Visa Reward Dollars
Disney Dining Plan Snack Credits*

*Although it is not at this time official for 2015, we are anticipating that Disney Dining Plan snack credits will be accepted for all kiosk items with the exception of alcoholic beverages.
ONLY SNACK CREDITS ARE ACCEPTED AT THE KIOSKS. QUICK SERVICE CREDITS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. DINING CREDITS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR ANY OTHER FESTIVAL OFFERINGS. We do not know for sure yet if this will change in 2015.

Here is a link to Allears' info regarding the Eat to the Beat Concert Dining Packages which are back on for 2015
http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw15/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-eat-to-the-beat-concerts.htm

Eat to the Beat Concert Lineup: (subject to change! remember last year. so far Rick is going to show up this year)

Last edited:
THE SPECIAL EVENT BOOKING TUTORIAL

General public booking starts on JULY 30, 2015 at 7 AM eastern.

1. Most events book by phone only at 407-WDW-FEST, opening 7 AM Eastern. This number is given for festival bookings. It goes to the same queue as 407-WDW-DINE so you could use that also.
  2. Some events ("deminars" and general admission only for large events at the World Showplace) may be booked online at epcotfoodfestival.com Remember that all Festival events are paid for in full at time of booking and are not transferable, cancellable or refundable. However, if you need to cancel, you can always try calling WDW with an explanation. There's no wait list, because the events are not cancellable. It's sometimes possible to pick up a no-show spot on the day of and you'll pay for the event then.
SOME HELPFUL HINTS FOR THAT PHONE CALL ON BOOKING DAY

1. Once you get through, do not hang up. Even if you don't hear any hold music. Hanging up and redialing will just send you to the back of the queue.
Remember that 1 hour plus waits are not unusual on booking day.

2. IF YOU ARE CALLING IN THE AM ON THE OPENING BOOKING DATE AND ARE BEING TOLD THE EVENT YOU ARE BOOKING IS SOLD OUT:

Use your judgment. If it's a small event (< 50 guests) and you got through outside an hour to an hour and a half after 7, then the event may very likely be actually sold out. But remember 2013 when about half the events didn't load in the booking system until about 40 minutes after booking opened, and some phone agents were telling callers that events were sold out? Keep an eye on this thread, see what others are being told before you write your event off entirely. If you can't watch the thread, it can't hurt to call back later if you think something seems "off"

3. Have the full name of the event as published by Disney available. For example, ask for "A Tribute to Walt Disney" (according to a phone CM this is how the event is listed in their system) instead of "The Walt Disney dinner." The phone agent may know what you mean, but they may not. If it's not a large event, you don't want them to waste precious time searching for the event on their list. Also have the time available, especially for signature restaurant meals, so you are sure the agent is booking you for the correct event and not a regular restaurant reservation.

4. Have your credit card ready to go, and your TIW/AP/DVC membership numbers if you will need them. If you have only a single room reservation it is being said that it is far more efficient to give them your room reservation number, so you may want to have that on hand.

5. Paid event admission will be required for everyone attending a food & wine event, including children and infants, so remember if you intend to bring your kids that you must purchase the event for all attendees. There have been a few reports over the years of children who are not listed with the party being denied admission to events, so that means a parent has to sit out also (or pay for the child to be admitted). Valid admission to Epcot is required to attend events inside Epcot.

Last edited:

We will be there for the opening weekend. I wish Wilson Phillips was playing then. I'm sure there are a lot of American Idol/David Cook fans out there, but I'm just not interested! Hopefully there will be a great wine and cheese seminar that weekend to make up for it :)

So excited! Does anyone know if you can use the Disney Vacation Account to pay for the special events? I am going to guess yes because it is basically a gift card number......

If so, you should probably do it by phone (which you have to do anyway for most events) and tell them you are paying with a gift card. The accounts have had their issues. It's being said they are only good for prepayment and not purchasing anything on-site. and a lot of CMs are still clueless about the accounts.

Last edited:
I was wondering when this thread would be started! :thanks:

Let the planning begin for the 20th annual Epcot Food & Wine Festival! :cool1:

The Tables in Wonderland preview of this year's festival has been scheduled for July 12th. More details regarding the preview should be released soon.

Last edited:
Can't wait to plan this year's F&W trip and already thinking about 2016 because that will be our first ADULT only Disney trip with friends!!!!!! :) :) :)

My favorites last year were the Macaroni and cheese dish in France (I'm sure that wasn't the name) and the beef skewer at the Patagonia booth. I hope those are back!

The Tables in Wonderland preview of this year's festival has been scheduled for July 20th. More details regarding the preview should be released soon.

The email I received says July 12th. Are there two different events?

The TIW preview is Saturday, July 12 (not July 20). Unless all the emails TIW sent out were incorrect.

The Tables in Wonderland preview of this year's festival has been scheduled for July 20th. More details regarding the preview should be released soon.

The email I received says July 12th. Are there two different events?

The TIW Preview event is July 12th. It happens to be the 20th Anniversary for the Festival. Only the one event, so far.

edit - Sorry, just saw moderator's post.

Can't wait. Scotland was my favorite last year. Innis and Gunn Original with a seared scallop and spinach OMG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter