EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

Just wondering if anyone who went to last night's PFTS can give a review. A friend went and thought the music was much louder than its been in the past.

We were in the WVL there. This was our third one this year and we thought it was the best. The food was great especially if you are a lamb lover. Robert Irvine and his wife were very accessible and fun to visit with. We also know Kent Rathbun from Dallas and he was there. Very good scallop dish. Champagne was flowing and there were much better wines the the other two we went to this year.

Can't wait for next year and get 4 parties in! Going to our second burger party this Friday which was very fun also the first time with the Chew cast.

Just been reading about this year's Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando apparently resulting in multiple assaults by guests on "scareactors" in the houses and scare zones. Two female performers were quoted in media accounts stating that they quit in the middle of the run because they were being constantly grabbed and assaulted by guests. Copious alcohol sales are being blamed by many. This was the 25th year of Horror night and some of this apparently happens every year, but instances seem to have exploded in 2015. At least five persons were arrested during the 6 week run for physical attacks on HHN actors in Orlando. The Hollywood, CA event quit selling alcohol altogether a few years ago.

Reminds me that I have seen one and only one media report (in 20 years of the event) of a guest at Epcot Food and Wine Festival assaulting cast members (in 2013). Does Disney keep it all under wraps, have more effective security, or is the nature of the event different?

Last edited:
Just been reading about this year's Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando apparently resulting in multiple assaults by guests on "scareactors" in the houses and scare zones. Two female performers were quoted in media accounts stating that they quit in the middle of the run because they were being constantly grabbed and assaulted by guests. Copious alcohol sales are being blamed by many. This was the 25th year of Horror night and some of this apparently happens every year, but instances seem to have exploded in 2015. At least five persons were arrested during the 6 week run for physical attacks on HHN actors in Orlando. The Hollywood, CA event quit selling alcohol altogether a few years ago.

Reminds me that I have seen one and only one media report (in 20 years of the event) of a guest at Epcot Food and Wine Festival assaulting cast members (in 2013). Does Disney keep it all under wraps, have more effective security, or is the nature of the event different?
Lol! There is a reason they call it the "Dark Side"... :rolleyes1 The Epcot F&W event is about family, friends, and individuals, enjoying samples of FOOD and wine (beer/liquor); attending seminars, special events, & concerts... HHN is more about focusing on the Scary side of Halloween... exploring the scare houses/zones and getting a little/lot crazy! It can be fun, but the two events are not similar... FWIW, that is my take?:smokin:

You can't realy compare the two unless Disney plans to add haunted house's

Totally different environment.

Totally different event. One is for foodies and people who enjoy sampling food and wine from around the world, and the other is for people who enjoy dressing up in obscuring costumes, Halloween, and getting the crap scared out of them in haunted houses while drinking inexcusably horrible beer. I see no connection between the two other than that they are two very different ways to fill a theme park and rooms during historically low attendance times that the entire travel industry works hard to improve.

... and the other is for people who enjoy dressing up in obscuring costumes, Halloween, and getting the crap scared out of them in haunted houses while drinking inexcusably horrible beer...
Universal does not allow guests to dress in costume for Halloween Horror Nights. They do not want guests confused with Scare Actors...

Universal does not allow guests to dress in costume for Halloween Horror Nights. They do not want guests confused with Scare Actors...
Fair enough. That's an excellent choice on their part, in my humble opinion. I was more using that example because people who seek out HHN are likely to be dressing in extravagant costuming for Halloween because they love it, not that they would wear it to HHN. Hubby and I just hide on Halloween. If I'd played my cards right, we would have been at Disney for Halloween, which would have been PERFECT to avoid it at home. Oh well.

Went on both Saturday and Sunday and while there were a LOT of people and some were getting happy and there was some yelling, didn't see any of the really bad behavior. Saturday was jammed. Sunday was crowded but the lines were much more palatable.

HHN by contrast was downright scary toward midnight in its last week. Not talking about in the houses either

Here right now- first day in the parks- and apparently they've run out of passports. Everywhere. One CM told me to keep trying and every booth/place to see if there are stragglers, and he didn't know if they were getting more. Now I wish I had grabbed the one my friend brought me as a souvenir. Didn't even think this would be an issue :(

Last edited:
Here right now- first day in the parks- and apparently they've run out of passports. Everywhere. One CM told me to keep trying and every booth/place to see if there are stragglers, and he didn't know if they were getting more. Now I wish I had grabbed the one my friend brought me as a souvenir. Didn't even think this would be an issue :(

Wow - I hope they get more. My husband and I are arriving Sat for our first F&W experience. I was debating booking the sampler package, but maybe I will if they include the passport?

Wow - I hope they get more. My husband and I are arriving Sat for our first F&W experience. I was debating booking the sampler package, but maybe I will if they include the passport?

Never-mind. It appears they are all sold out of the sampler package for Sat, Sun & Mon. :(

I'm here now too and got a few passport booklets in Innoventions where you get the passport stamped for the free port wine glass. Me and my sister already had ours but the lady gave us some for the kids too. I Had gotten ours at the festival center this morning.

I've been at Epcot all day and the lines have been great! I was expecting it to be so crowded but most lines have been just a few minutes wait. :)

I really enjoyed the Japanese Craft Beer Tasting event yesterday. It was held in a garden area near Katsura Grill. The event featured 7 beers (including a welcome beverage of a Frozen Kirin Draft) and 7 tapas-sized pairings. The Mitsukoshi beverage manager was the presenter, and he welcomed us and gave a little bit of info for each of the beers (and pairing) as it was served. The tasting sizes were perfect - maybe 1/3 of a full-size beer. Most of the beers are hard to find in most parts of the U.S. At the end of the tastings, we were offered additional pours of any beers that we wanted. This was the first year for the event and it seemed to be popular and a success.

This thread was EXTREMELY HELPFUL for F&W planning!:cheer2: Had an AWESOME late October trip, but was able to avoid festival on weekends. THANKS to all for the great tips.:thumbsup2To all attending the last days, ENJOY! :drinking1 Anyone know the 2016 dates yet?:confused3:confused3 Hoping for another trip, early October next year. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter