EPCOT: FP TT, rope drop Soarin or Frozen?

Juventus

DIS Veteran
Considering that I want to FP TT, any recommendations out there between rope droping Soarin then heading straight to Frozen or Frozen first then heading back to Soarin??

Seems like the Frozen lines have died down over the last year or so, however its a bit all over the place.

I would rope drop Frozen then back track to Soarin’ since it has larger capacity. It’s also the easiest of the 3 to get as a 4th FP later in the day

For us it usually depends when we eat breakfast. A lot of times we'll rope drop Frozen and walk to the land pavilion; ride Soar'n, have breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, and finally do Living with the Land.

I'm currently at Disney and I've noticed that Frozen lines are very manageable at rope drop. It was a 20 minute wait yesterday morning

We just did FP for TT and rope drop Soarin. Hit up Soarin, Mission Space, TT, Nemo, SE, grabbed a late FP for Frozen for later. We were in WS by 11.

There are several ways to hit the "big 3". Best suggestion I'd have is to rope drop TT, then walk to Frozen since it's a pretty short walk. Then do Soarin' via FP+. Doing that, you can be done all 3 within 45-60 minutes. Alternatively you can rope drop Soarin', walk to FEA (it's a long walk) and then FP+ TT.

Personally I'd get a FP for FEA, RD TT, and SB or try for a 4th FP for Soarin.
But if you are set on FP TT then I'd RD FEA.
This is exactly what I would do. I'd probably make the FP for FEA later, and try soarin right after TT. We generally go over Easter and I have yet to see the long soarin' lines people mention.

Last year (Easter week) we were at the park for over an hour before we got on soarin' with no FP+. My husband went with our son while I took our 2 year old on LWTL.

After my daughter and I got off, I got on soarin' with my son and the stand by line was still only 25 minutes. This was close to 2 hours after park opening during a busy time of year. Maybe I've just been lucking out but it's happened two years in a row.

This is exactly what I would do. I'd probably make the FP for FEA later, and try soarin right after TT. We generally go over Easter and I have yet to see the long soarin' lines people mention.

Last year (Easter week) we were at the park for over an hour before we got on soarin' with no FP+. My husband went with our son while I took our 2 year old on LWTL.

After my daughter and I got off, I got on soarin' with my son and the stand by line was still only 25 minutes. This was close to 2 hours after park opening during a busy time of year. Maybe I've just been lucking out but it's happened two years in a row.
Soarin used to have long lines as there were only 2 theaters and now there are 3. Plus the ride used to be down a lot and now it's not. Easter 2017 lines were about 80 minutes the last 4 times I'd gone though lines haven't been more than 40 minutes and it ends up being more like 25. This past week I was able to make a 6th 7th and 8th FP for it.

How old are the people in the group? If you don't have any small children, the single rider line for Test Track almost always is pretty short, so you may not need a FP for that.

Another vote to rope drop Frozen. Unless you are going at a crazy busy time (like Christmas), Soarin has recently been really easy to get as a 4th FP. Try to book your first 3 FPs early - like 9:30, 10:30, 11:30. As soon as you check in for the 11:30 FP, start looking for a Soarin FP.

How old are the people in the group? If you don't have any small children, the single rider line for Test Track almost always is pretty short, so you may not need a FP for that.

You can do that, but why would you? It's very easy to get to all 3 of the Tier 1 Epcot rides as a group. Well, unless you don't like the other people in your group... :D

Ha ha ha ha .. I may try this strategy with the kiddos in April ha ha

QUOTE="Klayfish, post: 60043502, member: 579080"]You can do that, but why would you? It's very easy to get to all 3 of the Tier 1 Epcot rides as a group. Well, unless you don't like the other people in your group... :D[/QUOTE]

Piggybacking on this topic...If your strategy was to hit one of the 2 (FEA or Soarin) at park close (i.e. 8:55) which would you do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter